Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: replacment for the mv6  (Read 3400 times)

feeutfo

Re: replacment for the mv6
« Reply #15 on: 07 August 2012, 21:53:19 »

Oh don't get me wrong, there is only one replacement for the omega, and that's a vxr8, naturally.

But in keeping with the short list presented earlier, the Lexus ticks a good majority of the omegas boxes. Not all, but most. :)

sticka_v8_init

• Reading
    • 2.5 V6 Tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 August 2012, 22:27:09 »

dont know what your budget is but if i was getting a new car (nowhere near yet as happy with the old girl) but i'd get a phaeton

As in one of them there torpedoes the Enterprise has but never do any damage?  ::) ::)
Those are my principles, if you don't like them I have others.

omega3000

« Reply #17 on: 07 August 2012, 22:48:51 »

thebaldeagle

• chester
    • Omega MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 August 2012, 17:16:24 »

we actually sold our astra 1.8 convertible to fund purchase of the mv6 ;D
not an awful lot of difference fuel cunsumption wise tbh,maybe 3 or 4 miles to the gallon diff.
Did enjoy the 2 yrs of ownership,but there were reasons for getting a bigger car..Grandchildren lol"
Looking back now,i doubt i could go back to something smaller and less powerful than the mig..Had a go in friends clit 1.4 the other day,couldnt wait to get back in our mig  :y

jonnyboyws6

• Intermediate Member
  • grimsby
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 August 2012, 18:03:54 »

For the Celica, I'd go for a 190. An extra 50hp that kicks in the instant you hit "lift" or no difference in economy if you keep the revs down. As already stated, pre face 140s suffer with oil burning problems, 190s don't. Fitting the revised lift bolts is, literally, nuts and bolts mechanics assuming they haven't already snapped. 

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 August 2012, 09:07:18 »

After being used to the space of a mig, i would go with the Volvo, even though I do try to stick with GM as my first choice for transport.
Keith B

martin42

« Reply #21 on: 12 August 2012, 19:57:00 »

thanks for the advice guys,been looking long and hard and the short list is growing into a long list,still got a couple off weeks to look on the net and local garages around here.

omega3000

« Reply #22 on: 13 August 2012, 07:59:21 »

B'hell cant believe the price of this one but know nothing about the merc ....nice alternative if its reliable enough though  :)
Have it gas converted martin  :-\
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-MERCEDES-CLK430-V8-AVANTGARDE-FACELIFT-SAT-NAV-CONVERTIBLE-CABRIOLET-/130744882397?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e710094dd

ngrainqey

• Omega Baron
  • rotherham
    • BMW E92, 2.6 CD F/L Est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 August 2012, 17:47:26 »

if you go for the volvo and it's petrol then if its around 2001-2003/4 then they have throttle problems regarding magnetti marelli shite throttle potentiometres which used carbon or something which is prone to wear and causing issues, it wont cause out of control acceleration but if it's always driven about half throttle then it'll wear more there so when moving the throttle about that point it'd sort of jump so you'd get light throttle then quite heavy throttle - its the "ETM" issue where the volvo dealers replaced them with a contribution from the customer - has a yellow sticker on the throttle body if its been replaced but wether said sticker will be black covered in oil or if its peeled off is another matter but something to look out for, also if its about that age then unlock and lock a few times as sometimes door lock solenoids go so the pin stays up or pops back up after locking on the fob
another issue - not sure if i affected the C70's but axle ping, everybody swaps the driveshaft bolts for the XC90 bolts which have a rubber cone but theres another way to correct the fault which i never found out what it is lol!
also if its turbo then watch out for "reduced engine performance" under heavy load which chances are is split intercooler

yes i've listed a few possible issues but i had 3 S60's in a row so ended up knowing quite alot about volvos :P i only had the axle ping issue which was about a £30 fix from local volvo dealers and a torque wrench so i suppose i did quite well regarding reliability :)
HTH
Alex
V8!!!!

martin42

« Reply #24 on: 23 August 2012, 23:55:33 »

im going to be looking at a car 2moro and if its any good il be putting a deposit down on it and also if i get it at the price i want lol,its a seat leon 1.8 turbo sport,wasnt a car i had in mind but i like it  ;D

omega3000

« Reply #25 on: 24 August 2012, 10:12:32 »

im going to be looking at a car 2moro and if its any good il be putting a deposit down on it and also if i get it at the price i want lol,its a seat leon 1.8 turbo sport,wasnt a car i had in mind but i like it  ;D

Nice looking motor  :y

martin42

« Reply #26 on: 24 August 2012, 12:44:50 »

it was ok,but engine check light was on and wouldnt hold it till the 3rd with a deposit put down,walked away from it

omega3000

« Reply #27 on: 24 August 2012, 15:25:27 »

it was ok,but engine check light was on and wouldnt hold it till the 3rd with a deposit put down,walked away from it

Not a good sign , oh well your search continues .... got a 3.0 if you want it  ;D

This ones a cracker ... low mileage as well  :y :y :y http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-MAZDA-MX-5-BLUE-2-Door-Convertable-Low-Milage-/251136946019?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a78edaf63

martin42

« Reply #28 on: 24 August 2012, 16:39:33 »

got to be a bit practical,need to put all my plumbing tools in it aswell for when i do my own work lol  :y

omega3000

« Reply #29 on: 24 August 2012, 17:38:10 »

got to be a bit practical,need to put all my plumbing tools in it aswell for when i do my own work lol  :y

Sorry mate i thought you mentioned you were after a soft top , if you were maybe thats a bit too small  ;D :y
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.