Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the car leans to the left  (Read 1447 times)

gypsumman

• southport
    • View Profile
the car leans to the left
« on: 21 June 2010, 22:05:10 »

Hello people i am an omega novice and totally new to the site .
I have a 2ltr tourer estate which runs like a dream,but noticed yesterday that the car leans about 2" on the N/S front through to back and pulls to the left quite sharply.
i would be grateful for your advice :o :o :o

manny

• bromorough.Wirral.
    • View Profile
Re: the car leans to the left
« Reply #1 on: 21 June 2010, 22:18:57 »

Broken coil spring?
2001 OMEGA MV6

gypsumman

• southport
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 June 2010, 22:26:58 »

Broken coil spring?
Thanks manny i thought it might be something along those lines i just hope its nothing sinister,
People on this forum are as good as gold :y

manny

• bromorough.Wirral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2010, 22:35:24 »

Broken coil spring?
Thanks manny i thought it might be something along those lines i just hope its nothing sinister,
If you lift car on jack at front you can see coil springs and look for a break.No need to take off wheel. Carnt see it being any thing else really?
2001 OMEGA MV6

gypsumman

• southport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2010, 22:50:22 »

Broken coil spring?
If you lift car on jack at front you can see coil springs and look for a break.No need to take off wheel. Carnt see it being any thing else really?
Cheers mate i will get the old trolley jack out in the morning and have a gander at the springs .watch this space

feeutfo

« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2010, 00:11:26 »

Broken coils or somebodys fitted a single shock or spring, always fit suspension parts in axle pairs.......did I mention, Always in pairs.

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 June 2010, 00:26:24 »

Roll down the drivers window fully, lean out of the window until your outstretched fingers can just touch the bottom of the door trim strip. Now the next bit is crucial...lower your head gently onto your right shoulder (keeping a firm grip on the wheel with your left hand) and gaze down at the ground. The extra weight of your eyeballs should now have brought the car onto an even keel :D Simples  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

gypsumman

• southport
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 June 2010, 07:33:36 »

Roll down the drivers window fully, lean out of the window until your outstretched fingers can just touch the bottom of the door trim strip. Now the next bit is crucial...lower your head gently onto your right shoulder (keeping a firm grip on the wheel with your left hand) and gaze down at the ground. The extra weight of your eyeballs should now have brought the car onto an even keel :D Simples  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) :y
Ill try that ;D

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 June 2010, 07:53:52 »

Ill try that ;D

Works every time!  ;D ;D ;D ;)

Thanks for taking it in the spirit it was intended :y :y :y :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Hannah Judes Dad

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes North East Lincs
    • the misses round the bend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 June 2010, 10:38:53 »

Ill try that ;D

If you need to have a little extra lean to the right simply drive with the drivers side front and rear doors open.If this is not working you can also remove the passenger side front and rear doors for extra weight shift  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 22 June 2010, 10:39:20 by hannahjudesdad »
Don't wee on the electric fence

karlc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 June 2010, 13:16:14 »

have the same trouble -  stopped taking missus in the car problem stopped straight away and spookily i could hear the stereo again!!

sjc

• Alloa, Scotland
    • Ultra-dull Audi TDi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 June 2010, 13:24:26 »

have the same trouble -  stopped taking missus in the car problem stopped straight away and spookily i could hear the stereo again!!
You let you rmissus in the car?!?!  Next you'll be telling us you've had the kids in there too.... tut, tut, tut!

Sounds like our man here has a broken spring though.
If you Elite an MV6, does that make it an MVee-leet?

gypsumman

• southport
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 June 2010, 18:35:28 »

Ill try that ;D

If you need to have a little extra lean to the right simply drive with the drivers side front and rear doors open.If this is not working you can also remove the passenger side front and rear doors for extra weight shift  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Knocked off a load of rendering today stuck the rubble sacks on the drivers side ....No more lean

gypsumman

• southport
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 June 2010, 17:42:13 »

well the problem is sorted ,whoever had the car before me had some helmet fit a spring coil off a saloon onto the rear of my estate .\sits nice now
cheers folks  :y :y :y

Kumamoto

• Mombasa, Kenya
    • Omega 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 June 2010, 19:11:17 »

Ill try that ;D

Knocked off a load of rendering today stuck the rubble sacks on the drivers side ....No more lean
You guys are hilarious!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 23 June 2010, 19:11:50 by kumamoto »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.