Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega V6 bonnet lever in footwell  (Read 715 times)

Y-Ddraig-Goch

• South Wales
  • Welcome to Wales, home of rain
    • View Profile
Omega V6 bonnet lever in footwell
« on: 11 January 2007, 11:05:47 »

Hello All,

This is my first posting on the forum after getting by on my own. I've had Vauxhalls since my first 1974 Viva & now have a 1997 2.5V6 Omega. So far I've had contless problems with it but I still think it's great. The latest problem this morning has caught me out unfortunately. Upon starting up the car I noticed the low coolant light come on. I get this every few months & simply top it up with water & anti-freeze. I know this is generally a sign of impending engine doom but I know the head is fine as I had to remove it last year & the oil is still fine.
The problem is that when I pulled the lever, it seemed to come off the pivot & hence didn't open the bonnet. I've not had a chance to contort myself & take a more detailed look yet & the Haynes book of lies only has a brief procedure for replacing the cable & no picture.
I'm hoping the lever can be re-fixed easily so if anyone has any advice or perhaps images of what I need to take a look at I would be very grateful
All the best, Phil

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Re: Omega V6 bonnet lever in footwell
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2007, 11:54:39 »

When my lever came apart 6 months ago I took the lever off and just give the cable a tug with a pair of pliers. I will put the handle back on after I have done the mountain of other more important jobs the wife keeps throwing at me.
Retired

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
Re: Omega V6 bonnet lever in footwell
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2007, 16:52:50 »

Can't help with the bonnet cable, but the water leak may be the heater bypass valve. Have a search for it, there are loads of threads, often using the term HBV.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.