Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridgestone Turanza T005  (Read 2814 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Bridgestone Turanza T005
« on: 25 April 2019, 21:04:10 »

Bridgestone Turanza T005

Anyone know anything about these ? Seems they are A rated for wet and C rated for economy

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgestone Turanza T005
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2019, 10:39:49 »

Noise and wear rate should also be a consideration.

Not used these tyres so can't really comment further. :y

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2019, 17:07:24 »

Can,t beat a tyre thread. ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2019, 17:52:50 »

Only performance Brisgestones I've used on a large car are Potenza, and they were "disappointing".

Kinda ignore the tyre labelling, as its all wank anyway.  *Anything* that cant make A wet is pointless, thus the whole labelling is pointless.

As its a new-to-you car, a good starting point is what did Audi fit to that model from the factory?  I imagine that sort of crossover Audi doesn't have much of an enthusiast following, so you could struggle with personal recommendations.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 April 2019, 18:30:08 »

If I remember correctly, the good looking Golf, aka Altea, had Bridgestone on it from new... Couldn't tell you what I put on it when they wore out though :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2019, 20:47:48 »

Only performance Brisgestones I've used on a large car are Potenza, and they were "disappointing".

Kinda ignore the tyre labelling, as its all wank anyway.  *Anything* that cant make A wet is pointless, thus the whole labelling is pointless.

As its a new-to-you car, a good starting point is what did Audi fit to that model from the factory?  I imagine that sort of crossover Audi doesn't have much of an enthusiast following, so you could struggle with personal recommendations.

As you say, limited information on the Audi forums as very few "Allroads", but lots of saloons.

Original fit - I believe, and whats on at the moment, are Continental Sport Contact 5 .....  a lot of the reviews on them talk about relatively high wear rates. :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 April 2019, 20:52:00 »

Original fit - I believe, and whats on at the moment, are Continental Sport Contact 5 .....  a lot of the reviews on them talk about relatively high wear rates. :(
I found that with SC5 (and no grip either), but that was on an Omega, which is a very different car as you know.

Is the Audi you have one of those where you have to do all 4 together?
Grumpy old man

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 April 2019, 20:59:54 »

I found that with SC5 (and no grip either), but that was on an Omega, which is a very different car as you know.

That is the advice in the handbook, as it's permanent AWD (quatrro), but even without that I'd be changing all 4 ... fronts are 2.3 mm rears 2.6 mm

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 April 2019, 09:17:50 »

That is the advice in the handbook, as it's permanent AWD (quatrro), but even without that I'd be changing all 4 ... fronts are 2.3 mm rears 2.6 mm
I guess when you do put new ones on, keep a close eye on wear levels in case rotating the tyres extends life...  ...but I bet previous owner didn't, so likely its an even wear...
Grumpy old man

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 April 2019, 09:28:53 »

My Touareg shares the same advice to change all four together,they do all seem to wear out quite evenly too which is nice,I do rotate about halfway through the cycle as my wife thinks a 2.5 tonne offroader is a hot hatch and wears the outer shoulders a bit prematurely ::)
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

aaronjb

« Reply #10 on: 29 April 2019, 09:35:56 »

My Touareg shares the same advice to change all four together,they do all seem to wear out quite evenly too which is nice,I do rotate about halfway through the cycle as my wife thinks a 2.5 tonne offroader is a hot hatch and wears the outer shoulders a bit prematurely ::)

Went and looked at a Toerag at the weekend - V10 TDI - the owner proudly told me he'd put new front tyres on ::) and then proceeded to scare me witless with his driving.. :o I have never gone for the mythical passenger side brake pedal so hard in all my life, even when teaching someone to drive!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 April 2019, 10:27:10 »

Went and looked at a Toerag at the weekend - V10 TDI - the owner proudly told me he'd put new front tyres on ::) and then proceeded to scare me witless with his driving.. :o I have never gone for the mythical passenger side brake pedal so hard in all my life, even when teaching someone to drive!
That reminds me, Mrs TB has another gripe with the XJ - no front passenger grab handle.

Lord only knows why she needs one though.

So that's 3 major flaws with it - interior mirror not on memory, it cant set the clock automatically, and no passenger grab handle.
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #12 on: 29 April 2019, 10:52:14 »

;D ;D

Just strap her in with ratchet straps - no handle needed! ;)

I like the Australian name for those.. "Jesus bars", because you usually grab for them when you're saying "Oh, Jesus!" ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 April 2019, 11:29:52 »

;D ;D

I like the Australian name for those.. "Jesus bars", because you usually grab for them when you're saying "Oh, Jesus!" ;D

Yep, and one across the mouth handily disables the "rev limiting" function, too, allowing you to hear the stereo while "pressing on". ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 April 2019, 12:16:02 »

;D ;D

Yep, and one across the mouth handily disables the "rev limiting" function, too, allowing you to hear the stereo while "pressing on". ;)
One good point about the XJ is that with 1200W* of stereo, it can drown anything out ;D

*or whatever it claims.  Which I'm sceptical (though don't deny its f'ing loud), as even with 100% efficiency in the DC converters, that's till 100A. Unless its that PMP guff they started coming out with in the 80s/90s
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.