Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cruisetopolands "the list car"  (Read 3443 times)

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
Cruisetopolands "the list car"
« on: 28 February 2010, 11:10:09 »

Just trying to work out what to do with my company car situation and wondered if anyone would be interested in my car?

For someone wanting a fully sorted 30+mpg car with extras, it will be a bargain compared to what it owes me-over £3000 plus all the time and effort.

Not sure what to do at present, so not a full ad with pictures at present, but briefly:

2000 X Omega 2.2 16v CD auto saloon in very dark red (almost black) Persia metallic, 103k, with extras:
1/ towbar with twin electrics fitted 2007, used 5x, just had new electrics
2/ cruise control
3/ reversing sensors
4/ upgrade headlight bulbs, both headlight and main beam
5/ white LED sidelights

Car has been rebuilt and is known as Triggers Broom, as most things replaced, tech2 upgrades done etc etc;

See my signature link for the immense amount of work carried out since I bought it last October, in order to have a fully reliable car.
I have done 9,000 miles in four months.

I have two minor issues which I will address before sale; the catalytic converter is being replaced and the newly fitted rocker gasket half moons are being sorted.

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1264599938/new

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1256203694/0#0

If I find the right buyer, I will sell the car with 12 months tax and the pre-wired tomtom 520 Europe as above, MOT is October 7th 2010.

The car is 10 years old, but looks fabulous throughout as no pets/smokers, obsessed over inside and out, but of course there are very minor marks here and there which have to be really looked for to find.  I do not know of any faults other than the cat and half moons which I will get done, plus the heated seats do not work-left one gets too hot, driver's not working.
A buyer will likely fit leather so I have left this alone.

I know I need to post photos, but would rather gauge a genuine response before I make the final decision.

It owes me £3000++++, but looking for around £2000 to include the tomtom with bluetooth handsfree and Europe maps, and the tax which has just cost £180.

Before anyone starts (!!), I know someone will say they can get a 54 plate Elite with CID with 4,000 miles on it for that price, but if you take into account the condition of the car, the HUGE works done, then factor in the tax, extras fitted and tomtom it is a bloody steal.  It is set up to last for many years without further works; everything has been replaced.

I have had to soul search to get this far, so would appreciate genuine enquiries only please  :y :y

There is a very genuine reason for thinking of this sale, which I cannot publish, but will explain to a buyer  :y

« Last Edit: 28 February 2010, 11:12:27 by geoffharvey »

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
Re: Cruisetopolands "the list car"
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2010, 13:22:34 »

Just trying to work out what to do with my company car situation and wondered if anyone would be interested in my car?

For someone wanting a fully sorted 30+mpg car with extras, it will be a bargain compared to what it owes me-over £3000 plus all the time and effort.

Not sure what to do at present, so not a full ad with pictures at present, but briefly:

2000 X Omega 2.2 16v CD auto saloon in very dark red (almost black) Persia metallic, 103k, with extras:
1/ towbar with twin electrics fitted 2007, used 5x, just had new electrics
2/ cruise control
3/ reversing sensors
4/ upgrade headlight bulbs, both headlight and main beam
5/ white LED sidelights

Car has been rebuilt and is known as Triggers Broom, as most things replaced, tech2 upgrades done etc etc;

See my signature link for the immense amount of work carried out since I bought it last October, in order to have a fully reliable car.
I have done 9,000 miles in four months.

I have two minor issues which I will address before sale; the catalytic converter is being replaced and the newly fitted rocker gasket half moons are being sorted.

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1264599938/new

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1256203694/0#0

If I find the right buyer, I will sell the car with 12 months tax and the pre-wired tomtom 520 Europe as above, MOT is October 7th 2010.

The car is 10 years old, but looks fabulous throughout as no pets/smokers, obsessed over inside and out, but of course there are very minor marks here and there which have to be really looked for to find.  I do not know of any faults other than the cat and half moons which I will get done, plus the heated seats do not work-left one gets too hot, driver's not working.
A buyer will likely fit leather so I have left this alone.

I know I need to post photos, but would rather gauge a genuine response before I make the final decision.

It owes me £3000++++, but looking for around £2000 to include the tomtom with bluetooth handsfree and Europe maps, and the tax which has just cost £180.

Before anyone starts (!!), I know someone will say they can get a 54 plate Elite with CID with 4,000 miles on it for that price, but if you take into account the condition of the car, the HUGE works done, then factor in the tax, extras fitted and tomtom it is a bloody steal.  It is set up to last for many years without further works; everything has been replaced.

I have had to soul search to get this far, so would appreciate genuine enquiries only please  :y :y

There is a very genuine reason for thinking of this sale, which I cannot publish, but will explain to a buyer  :y

Forgot to mention its also got a platinum mechanical breakdown warranty until October 2010; these retail at £300pa and give top level cover and a courtesy car in the event of breakdown.

Never had to use it as all my works have been forward maintenance, but gives peace of mind for buyer.

All in all, for 2k, someone will get a top car with peace of mind and no bills for a good long time.

At least my extensive loss will be of benefit the buyer-I hope it is a nice OOFer who will appreciate it  :y

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 February 2010, 14:08:39 »

Nomally I would be the first one on here commenting about the car but I really believe that in this particular case the price totally reflects the overall condition and mechanical intergrity of the car for sale.

I can think of no other member here who has put so much time, effort, money and love into sorting out his Mig, its story is well documented on this forum and I wish Geoff the best with the sale....

Any potential buyer who wants a good solid, sorted Mig to serve them for years to come should look no further than Tiggers Broom......

:y :y :y :y :y
« Last Edit: 28 February 2010, 14:09:11 by webby23 »
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 February 2010, 14:15:05 »

Nomally I would be the first one on here commenting about the car but I really believe that in this particular case the price totally reflects the overall condition and mechanical intergrity of the car for sale.

I can think of no other member here who has put so much time, effort, money and love into sorting out his Mig, its story is well documented on this forum and I wish Geoff the best with the sale....

Any potential buyer who wants a good solid, sorted Mig to serve them for years to come should look no further than Tiggers Broom......

:y :y :y :y :y

Cheers for that  :y

It really has been a labour of love and will mean a huge financial loss for me, I just hope a nice OOFer has it and has the benefit of my OCD Omega treatment :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 February 2010, 16:18:33 »

If you decide to sell it (I mean, properly decide and not seek tentatively!) then advertise it on Autotrader for about £2500... It will sell :y :y

Shame you've made this decision though IMHO :( :(

Good Luck!
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 February 2010, 17:39:17 »

If you decide to sell it (I mean, properly decide and not seek tentatively!) then advertise it on Autotrader for about £2500... It will sell :y :y

Shame you've made this decision though IMHO :( :(

Good Luck!

Cheers  :y

Part of the decision is that I don't want the hard work to be lost, so if a nice OOFer buys it, I won't feel so bad about selling it-I can rest easy that it will have been worthwhile even if disastruous financially  :o

I will do a full advert as a last resort if no-one surfaces.  Getting this far has been tough  ;)

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 March 2010, 18:36:05 »

Trying to sort photos, pm in meantime  :y

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 March 2010, 16:33:05 »

Still haven't got round to photos as crazy busy, still considering the sense of this sale, but needs must...

Anyone interested, pm and discuss a deal-buying a decent one like this will save a fortune in the long run.....  :y

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 March 2010, 19:07:39 »

Oh well...

Traded it in for next to nothing as had to do something urgently.

Someone missed out on a fabulous and in the end ridiculously cheap Omega.

Did not have the time to valet it for photos, did the half-moons again on a lunchbreak, cat sorted itself, no faults, thought someone might have been interested.

Oh well  ::)

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2010, 19:16:22 »

You answered your own question of thought someone would be interested, by saying didn't have time to take the photo's, if you need to sell something that desperately you would've made time and put piccies up, you can't expect anyone to even think about buying something with no pics.  :y :y
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 March 2010, 19:17:32 »

Sorry to hear its gone and for so little Geoff......

:'(
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #11 on: 14 March 2010, 08:12:10 »

Sorry to hear that Geoff, but sometimes the head, heart & need for £ conflict ........ Good luck mate

Rockhampton

• Intermediate Member
  • Trecelyn, Gwent
  • Gone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 March 2010, 14:29:42 »

Really sorry to hear that... your postings gave me inspiration to persist with mine.... It's a real shame that time was against you. I'm in a similar situation, but it's more financial with an impending house move and another mouth to feed on the way... do I still continue with it, or trade it for a more fuel efficient Italian oilburner...
Best of luck for the future  :y :y
« Last Edit: 14 March 2010, 14:39:53 by rockhampton »
Previous GM Models include '00 Omega 2.5 CD Auto, '06 Holden Commodore Executive 3.6 Auto, '99 Astra 1.8 CDX Auto, several Astra Diesels.

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14 March 2010, 15:25:40 »

For what they are worth mate I would hold on to it.......!!

Wont get another car of the same quality for less......

:y

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 March 2010, 20:01:46 »

Cheers everyone  :y :y

I have really enjoyed OOF and really appreciated the huge level of help and advice received.

In my 89 cars, OOF has been the absolute best club/forum of the lot and has been a great help.

My circumstances and mileage just meant an Omega was not viable-I soldiered on with it until it began to start making my family suffer due to time, money and worry.

I suppose that really I should have stuck with my original plan to keep with my little hatchback for my high mileage and have the Omega as the second car for my wife and Poland runs.

What actually happened was that the cheap Omega had issues and sorting it meant selling the other car and using the money from that to get it right.  That meant that my wife has lost her car and I have put 10,000 miles on a 10 year old car in a few months, all at 23-30mpg, which more than doubled our original costs for BOTH of our little 55+ mpg cars TOGETHER!  When I factored in the cost of tax, insurance, ££££repairs, plus the time issues of keeping an older car tiptop for my high usage, it did not work.  Add in to this my wife having to walk everywhere and do shopping with a toddler, the Omega had to go.

In 2007 I bought a brand new Perodua Myvi 1.3SXi, which is basically a Daihatsu Sirion but made in Malaysia by a Toyota company.  I ran it for 6 months, then sold it to my Parents who have run it until now without issue and kept it tiptop.
They have been so impressed with it, they ordered another identical new one, so part-exed theirs.  I hopped into the deal and matched the p-ex price with the Omega and some extra cash and simply bought it back.

Christ, I know most Omega owners will giggle, but the Myvi is my type of car; unassuming, economical, reliable, well specced and easy to live with.  I need to jump into something and drive under great work pressure without adding to it with car issues or fuel cost worries.

Sad fact is, if covering 10,000 miles+ pa, it is cheaper to buy a 50+mpg newish car (wisely) with low tax than soldier on with an older car.  After 55,000 miles and 3 years, my Myvi which cost new £6300 fetched £3000 px price, so only a loss of £1100 per year, plus 5 sub-£100 services, 2 tyres and a set of front brake pads.

Factor in the included 3 yr warranty and 2 yr breakdown, plus no MOT, plus 50++mpg, £110 tax, low insurance etc it is about as cheap as motoring can be-especially if you consider our family's higher mileages.

I liked the Omega, love OOF, but after 87 previous cars, I could not justify the immense fuel cost, tax cost, insurance, let alone my ridiculous amount of repairs to make the car "right".  In context, a short term lease on a diesel S-Class would have worked out cheaper  :o

I do hope the dealer I px-ed it into finds the right buyer for the Omega-someone who wants a comfortable executive car which can tow well and does not do that many miles.  They will have a superb car!

Heartfelt thanks to all who have supported, advised and consoled over the last few months  :y :y :y

OOF-the best forum/club in the known world  :y :y :y

« Last Edit: 14 March 2010, 20:04:49 by geoffharvey »
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.