Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you do this other role too?  (Read 3013 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Can you do this other role too?
« Reply #15 on: 12 March 2018, 18:12:02 »

Personally, if I was happy in my role and being forced to another position I would protest, to the point I’d quit and find alternative employer doing what I enjoyed.
I think you'd find, public or private, you'd have little say in the matter, and I'm sure that most of us that are good at their job have been in this position more than once.

Obviously, you have a choice whether or not to resign.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 March 2018, 20:04:10 »

Personally, if I was happy in my role and being forced to another position I would protest, to the point I’d quit and find alternative employer doing what I enjoyed.
I think you'd find, public or private, you'd have little say in the matter, and I'm sure that most of us that are good at their job have been in this position more than once.

Obviously, you have a choice whether or not to resign.

Typically at Sky you get redundancy or choice of a new/different role, if your current position is removed. Not sure on moving you, I’m lucky with tech, don’t recall anyone being forced to change in 8.5 years here.

Think my contract is way out of date though, 3 month notices are standard for years. I’m still on one month. Wonder how else mine differs!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 March 2018, 20:05:56 »

Typically at Sky you get redundancy or choice of a new/different role, if your current position is removed. Not sure on moving you, I’m lucky with tech, don’t recall anyone being forced to change in 8.5 years here.
IME, its typically when its felt you would better fit another role, rather than your role disappearing ;)
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #18 on: 12 March 2018, 20:08:01 »

IME, its typically when its felt you would better fit another role, rather than your role disappearing ;)
Or a vacancy arises that really needs filling, and your team could manage with one less. In the eyes of management that is.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 March 2018, 23:30:46 »

Hummm. Not so sure here, Sky can be brutal and cut departments or management line.

Remember load of Product Owners sat behind me years ago, all 12 cut in one go.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 March 2018, 11:01:01 »

Indeed, and if you have a manager who's on the ball he should already know if this would be something you'd welcome or likely regard as a sh*t sandwich. If the latter, he should have spoken up for you when discussing the possibilities with his superiors.

How it's presented can make all the difference too. Presenting it as more hassle being dumped on you because they CBA to hire someone new is never going to win you over, especially if you don't find the extra work interesting. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.