Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Insignia MK2  (Read 12745 times)

2boxerdogs

Re: Insignia MK2
« Reply #45 on: 18 September 2016, 10:18:32 »

I like the Aussie one & 6.2 yes please 😎😎

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 26 October 2016, 22:38:23 »

Apparently Opel/Vauxhall will unveil the European version of the 2017 Buick LaCrosse in other words the new Insignia Grand Sports, Sometime in December.

It should look something like this. (Apologies about the picture sizes below)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 26 October 2016, 23:06:20 »

... I'd love to see another Omega/Royale/Senator, and if they were clever, and had tried to push the brand up not down over the years, then maybe they could....

Yes, it all started when someone decided that their customers would be prepared to pay £30k for their flagship model with... the same front end as a shitbox Astra G. ;D

A real British Leyland bit of thinking, that was.. "Well, we've got all these left over grilles in stores".

I do agree to a fair extent. Thing is, the facelift of the Omega was what it was. In fairness to them they spent a shedload of cash on it (£180mill rings a bell from my memory banks) and of course what you got was a brand new car, with just the main shell and floorpan the same as the PFL, everything else got a fettle in one form or another. It was a brilliant facelift, though in years to come I think the PFL wil be perceived as the more 'resolved' design. in 2000 everything had to have fully body coloured bumpers, all in one grilles and bonnets were the new Vauxhall 'face', and of course, it's the millennium to roll out the Star Silver in buckets! I remember, beautifully aesthetic or not, the Omega was dated in 2000, and in fairness, it had hit its natural 6-year lifecycle. The fact it was revised at all, and to the level it was reminded me of Concorde, actually.  :)

I can see someone one day taking a last of the line 3.2 Elite, and installing PFL externals, and possibly the dashbaord, too, but leaving all those extra FL goodies that the last models got, that weren't even in existence on the 1994 cars. ESP, rear vented discs, Dual zone Charcoal filtered Climate, lift up centre armrest and cup holder jobby, etc... plus all the usual toys on top.
But, anti corrosion aside, the MFL was the pinnacle of Omega design and function.  I'm stuggling to think of what genuine (not just penny pinching) improvements were made to the FL.
Slightly improved suspension on most model equivalents, CID Nav (good for the time), less cluttered headunit controls due to double din facias, non-toffee wheels on the MV6, no rusting door tops creeping down from the weather seal, door rubbing strips that don't bend back on themselves.....

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27 October 2016, 12:01:48 »

I think you'll find that adds to their charm....  :D got FL doors fitted to my PFL, no, so no more odd-placed rust (hopefully)

I did like the hidden door cubbies on the FL, though, I'd like some way of installing them in PFL door cards, but alas probably would look homemade unless I put a lot of time and effort into it.   :)
« Last Edit: 27 October 2016, 12:08:21 by Diamond Black Geezer »
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 28 October 2016, 17:42:13 »

Slightly improved suspension on most model equivalents, CID Nav (good for the time), less cluttered headunit controls due to double din facias, non-toffee wheels on the MV6, no rusting door tops creeping down from the weather seal, door rubbing strips that don't bend back on themselves.....
Suspension improvements I've struggled to notice TBH.

The NCDC/CID setup is a big enough improvement to make it worth retro fitting back to MFL, which is fairly trivial :y

Not sure I agree with improved facia. Maybe its familiarisation, but I've always preferred the earlier layout. Plus you can replace the switches with PFL ones as they have the same hopeless covering as FL.

Rusty doors is the big problem with PFL/MFL :(

As for MV6 wheels, well, yes, agreed, Irmscher need shooting.  TBH all Irmscher wheels are made of chocolate, but the MFL MV6 ones are a disgrace  >:(
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 28 October 2016, 17:43:52 »

I did like the hidden door cubbies on the FL, though, I'd like some way of installing them in PFL door cards, but alas probably would look homemade unless I put a lot of time and effort into it.   :)
Mrs TB thinks the FL doorcards are utter complete <censored>, based on the fact that a) they rattle like a bugger, b) there is no door handle to hang on to.

She hates them ;D
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 28 October 2016, 18:43:52 »

Mrs TB thinks the FL doorcards are utter complete <censored>, based on the fact that a) they rattle like a bugger, b) there is no door handle to hang on to.

She hates them ;D
I'll wager that neither of those items are a concern when she's driving ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 28 October 2016, 18:53:51 »

She hates them ;D
The rattle annoys her enough to turn the wireless up to Disco levels.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 28 October 2016, 18:56:58 »

She hates them ;D
The rattle annoys her enough to turn the wireless up to Disco levels.
;D

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile

STEMO

« Reply #55 on: 05 December 2016, 20:52:47 »

That's a seriously nice looking car. They had to stretch it because the current ones are only millimetres longer than an astra.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 05 December 2016, 22:56:34 »

I would be surprised if Mercedes don't sue them for that design.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 06 December 2016, 06:02:27 »

I would be surprised if Mercedes don't sue them for that design.  ::)
Bah, the waistline rises to the rear rather than dropping away... Looks more Kia IMHO ;)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 06 December 2016, 06:48:03 »

Does look a little Korean/French i supose, Then again all cars look the same these days  ;D :D

Insignia Estate does look pretty good, Better than the hatch/saloon.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 06 December 2016, 17:24:31 »

Why have they bothered with fitting a rear quarter window to either of those estates? The diagonal panel line for the rear bumper should have been laughed at when first suggested. The tiny tyres on the pictured Insignias make their huge wheels look ridiculously undersized, and what are all of the conflicting bodylines on the doors all about? They've taken the original design and beaten it with the ugly stick some more.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.