Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Oil sump

(1/8) > >>

Entwood:
Are the oil sumps the same on all V6 models ??? I've found this one on the bay of fleas but want to ensure it fits the 3.2 V6     :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-OMEGA-V6-MODELS-ENGINE-SUMP-IN-GOOD-USED-CONDITION/332832510348?hash=item4d7e5d118c:g:SaAAAOSw-btaoq31

Nige

johnnydog:
According to the parts lists, on all V6 models of the Omega B (2.5,2.6,3.0 and 3.2), the lower sump pan is the same part no.
Currently 91584216, but that has previously replaced 90410838, 90501404, 90529968 and 90572705.
But in answer to your question - yes.

Sir Tigger KC:
Good price!  :y

Entwood:
Thanks to all .. purchased this :) 

Having crawled under the car this afternoon and examined the corroded area I have a strong worry about it actually becoming a full leak and dumping all the oil out at once ... that wouldn't do the engine much good at all ...... especially if on the motorway with the tin tent on the back which is due to happen on 9th November .. so going for this to change it ASAP.

Andy B:

--- Quote from: Entwood on 29 October 2018, 19:19:40 ---Thanks to all .. purchased this :) 

Having crawled under the car this afternoon and examined the corroded area I have a strong worry about it actually becoming a full leak and dumping all the oil out at once ... that wouldn't do the engine much good at all ...... especially if on the motorway with the tin tent on the back which is due to happen on 9th November .. so going for this to change it ASAP.

--- End quote ---

Easy job to do Nige. IIRC it's the grey goo that's used to seal/glue it to the main ally sump.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version