Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Just as well we don't know how we are going to die  (Read 4648 times)

STEMO

Re: Just as well we don't know how we are going to die
« Reply #30 on: 18 April 2018, 22:15:05 »

I thought I was a gonna earlier, when sat on the potty, following eating something most disagreeable at lunchtime.

There was a big yelp, and a lot of blood.  Blotting, rather than wiping, was clearly the order of the day  :'(

Its made me feel quite delicate, and sorry for myself. Doubt there is any sympathy here though.
Lots of blood, eh? Sounds like you need your piles pushing back. I know a lad who'll help you out, pm me for details.

I've retired  ;D
Plenty on the dole waiting to step up.....or in.  ;D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18 April 2018, 22:30:00 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43803340

Very unlucky. I cannot imagine the horror of it for the woman and those seated nearby.

Just as well we don't know how we are going to die.

Out of interest where is the safest place to be on a plane if you have to travel? I always try for near the front. partly as it is less noisy and partly down to having better air than at the rear .

At the back because you never hear of a aircraft reversing into a mountain  ;D
I guess the back row would give you a hundred feet or so of warning that you're about to die... If you like that sort of thing ;D

Yup
I'm kinky like that  :y ;D ;D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #32 on: 18 April 2018, 22:31:11 »

Strapped in or not strapped in when your times up that's it as far as I am concerned .

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 18 April 2018, 22:32:02 »

Given that a load of the media hype is still, as always, completely over the top, can we remember a few salient points....  as a fully qualified and trained pilot-in-command (PIC) (fancy name for captain of the aircraft, co-pilot is referred to as pilot-non-flying, (PNF)), she/they would have completed many hours of simulator training and testing that would certainly have covered these points ...

1. Single engine failure procedures and landings

2. Emergency decompression and emergency descents

3. Structural damage procedures and operations

4. Seriously ill/injured passenger procedures

Given the published recordings of her conversations with Air Traffic, it would appear that all that training "kicked in" and she coped with a very unpleasant situation in the manner for which she has been trained.

She is NOT (IMHO) a "hero" .. just a damned good pilot who did what hours of training had equipped her for, in a calm and methodical fashion. Given her history as a Combat Fast Jet pilot, I'm not in the least surprised.  :y :y

The girl done good, but she did what was expected of her, that is why she sits there as PIC ..... :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 19 April 2018, 03:31:06 »

I thought I was a gonna earlier, when sat on the potty, following eating something most disagreeable at lunchtime.

There was a big yelp, and a lot of blood.  Blotting, rather than wiping, was clearly the order of the day  :'(

Its made me feel quite delicate, and sorry for myself. Doubt there is any sympathy here though.
Lots of blood, eh? Sounds like you need your piles pushing back. I know a lad who'll help you out, pm me for details.

I've retired  ;D

I think he meant Lord Dr Opti.  :y  He probably enjoys such things!  :o  ;D

I think Lord Dr Opti only gets involved if they come from Thailand, have women's breasts and dangly bits. :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 19 April 2018, 03:46:40 »

Given that a load of the media hype is still, as always, completely over the top, can we remember a few salient points....  as a fully qualified and trained pilot-in-command (PIC) (fancy name for captain of the aircraft, co-pilot is referred to as pilot-non-flying, (PNF)), she/they would have completed many hours of simulator training and testing that would certainly have covered these points ...

1. Single engine failure procedures and landings

2. Emergency decompression and emergency descents

3. Structural damage procedures and operations

4. Seriously ill/injured passenger procedures

Given the published recordings of her conversations with Air Traffic, it would appear that all that training "kicked in" and she coped with a very unpleasant situation in the manner for which she has been trained.

She is NOT (IMHO) a "hero" .. just a damned good pilot who did what hours of training had equipped her for, in a calm and methodical fashion. Given her history as a Combat Fast Jet pilot, I'm not in the least surprised.  :y :y

The girl done good, but she did what was expected of her, that is why she sits there as PIC ..... :)

BA pilot I know was certainly made to sweat, where failure meant at best additional training or at at worst grounding on his annual simulator week going through all of the standard failures with a debrief afterwards but the worst part IHO was the progressive piling on of the failures part to see how much he could cope with at once. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.