Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a/c pipe removal tool  (Read 1206 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
a/c pipe removal tool
« on: 20 May 2019, 13:07:45 »

does anybody know where i can purchase an a/c pipe removal tool. loads on ebay but from china.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Re: a/c pipe removal tool
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2019, 13:41:05 »

does anybody know where i can purchase an a/c pipe removal tool. loads on ebay but from china.

Do you mean the valve removal tool? If so it's just a standard tyre valve removal widget.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2019, 16:03:29 »

Which pipe, if it's the big connection under the bonnet near bulkhead, it's a circlip hidden, you can just see it, if it's the LP valve then as lc1102 says just a tyre core removal tool, but replace it with a core that's for Aircon (green seal)  tyre cores work but deterate quicker.
Hoof'land storeman.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2019, 17:22:30 »

Do you mean the valve removal tool? If so it's just a standard tyre valve removal widget.
no its for separating the pipes . i presume that i shall need one . (never ever done anything to a/c. but do know the two pipes that are fixed to radiator cowl the thinner of the two has suffered from a collision with a crankshaft pulley that came adrift.  condenser too is falling to bits.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2019, 17:38:44 »

no its for separating the pipes . i presume that i shall need one . (never ever done anything to a/c. but do know the two pipes that are fixed to radiator cowl the thinner of the two has suffered from a collision with a crankshaft pulley that came adrift.  condenser too is falling to bits.

Ah, so I was right that the a/c working is your aim?

Your thread : https://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=144929.0 about the compressor seemed to suggest that to me, and as I put in that thread:

"In my experience the lack of running long term damages the condenser and the compressor.  Without the system running regularly the oil in the system is not circulated, and system rot sets in" 

So you mentioning now that the condenser is falling to bits falls into the pattern of repairs probably needed to get the system working again.  It rots from within, and you will need more than a replacement rubber pipe. 

It may not be as bad as that, but before replacing the pipe, check that the rest is working and / or you can replace the compressor and condenser.  Even a garage once tried to refill my a/c gas before realising the condenser and compressor were shot; a very expensive project it turned out to be!! ;)
« Last Edit: 20 May 2019, 17:40:16 by Lizzie Zoom »

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2019, 18:30:34 »

Two near the bottom of battery,, 13mm spanner, and that block undoes,.. there's only the circlip, in the large one in front of scuttle. I could be Wong. ;)
Hoof'land storeman.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2019, 20:04:20 »

Your thread : https://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=144929.0 about the compressor seemed to suggest that to me, and as I put in that thread:

"In my experience the lack of running long term damages the condenser and the compressor.  Without the system running regularly the oil in the system is not circulated, and system rot sets in" 

So you mentioning now that the condenser is falling to bits falls into the pattern of repairs probably needed to get the system working again.  It rots from within, and you will need more than a replacement rubber pipe. 

It may not be as bad as that, but before replacing the pipe, check that the rest is working and / or you can replace the compressor and condenser.  Even a garage once tried to refill my a/c gas before realising the condenser and compressor were shot; a very expensive project it turned out to be!! ;)
was very much contemplating updating my car. quite admired a new nissen quashquai . my mig does go well & has recently passed its m.o.t.(starts on 7th june) though i do need to sort out an oil leak that appears to be a rear crankshaft seal. i have a quote but as yet cannot get a garage to do it. they quoted then gave a feeble reason for not having it in. so if i run it for another year then yes i will get the a/c sorted. i think i know where there is a set of pipes for my motor. will find out tomorrow. he may even have a condenser.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2019, 20:24:38 »

was very much contemplating updating my car. quite admired a new nissen quashquai . my mig does go well & has recently passed its m.o.t.(starts on 7th june) though i do need to sort out an oil leak that appears to be a rear crankshaft seal. i have a quote but as yet cannot get a garage to do it. they quoted then gave a feeble reason for not having it in. so if i run it for another year then yes i will get the a/c sorted. i think i know where there is a set of pipes for my motor. will find out tomorrow. he may even have a condenser.

Frankly, if you are thinking of buying a new car I would personally think deeply about bringing the Omega up to any kind of standard.  I think you must know that keeping our Omega's going is an expensive business. It is only worth "investing" the money it costs if you are going to keep it long term. You may never get your money back on it, and no doubt, there will be other repairs and general maintenance required.  The a/c alone, as I have hinted can cost a tidy sum to get going again. Then you have an oil leak, which could be expensive relative how long you are going to keep her going. If you can carryout all repairs required, fine, but you have already mentioned getting a quote from a garage, so the sky's the limit on what you could spend.

If you are in a position to buy a new, or nearly new car, then I would!  But that is the sensible approach, and who amongst us Omega owners is sensible?!! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)

Whatever you decide, best of luck! :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.