Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LSC rear shocks...  (Read 1271 times)

05omegav6

LSC rear shocks...
« on: 30 August 2014, 13:44:23 »

Are they the same as regular ones for any given engine/body combo :-\

jb

• bucks
    • 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: LSC rear shocks...
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2014, 16:55:03 »

They are stiffer than normal.

Only available from Vauxhall.

chrisgixer

« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2014, 18:07:59 »

No shocks are specific. As said ^

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2014, 19:01:07 »

Still available  :-\

chrisgixer

« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2014, 19:42:07 »

B4

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 August 2014, 19:59:33 »

B6 all day long

chrisgixer

« Reply #6 on: 30 August 2014, 20:28:40 »

B6 all day long

Worth the extra? Given the rest of the suspension is standard plod/rough road/heavy duty/or whatever it is?

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 August 2014, 20:47:07 »

Slight threadjack :

Were the OE self levelling shocks on the estate any good when new? Mine are buggered and don't want to go to the (relatively speaking) vast expense of replacing them only to find it still wallows around like a yacht in a storm  :-\ 

And no, I don't ever drag a caravan or transport more than two dead bodies at once.... or have any need for an estate really.  ::)
Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 August 2014, 20:56:15 »

Slight threadjack :

Were the OE self levelling shocks on the estate any good when new? Mine are buggered and don't want to go to the (relatively speaking) vast expense of replacing them only to find it still wallows around like a yacht in a storm  :-\ 

And no, I don't ever drag a caravan or transport more than two dead bodies at once.... or have any need for an estate really.  ::)

Having recently replaced mine, it doesn't wallow around like a yacht in a storm, it's just a comfortable large car. And having to change the SL rear springs as well as buying ordinary  shocks makes the cost pretty similar.

chrisgixer

« Reply #9 on: 30 August 2014, 21:17:23 »

Slight threadjack :

It's an Elite. With Elite suspension. Wallow is what they do, then they wear the tyres and refuse to go straight as well. But they are comfortable, very good motorway mile muncher, but you simply can't rush it in the twisties or get on the power until the suspension sorts its knickers out.

If you crack on a bit, and live in an area with even half decent roads, then bin the lot and fit lowered sport chassis mv6. But re sl shocks, specifically, they will work with any suspension set up, so if fitted in conjunction with lsc mv6 for example, and you then replace the sl shocks for conventional (b4) shocks, you will notice a big improvement in the independence of the rear suspension, less "porpoising" or body roll.

However, you can't just fit standards type non sl shocks to sl springs, as the springs are so soft as said. The suspension needs replacing as a set. Shocks and springs all round on an Elite.
« Last Edit: 30 August 2014, 21:19:19 by chrisgixer »

05omegav6

« Reply #10 on: 30 August 2014, 21:22:24 »

Wasn't asking for the estate... as and when the suspension on that breaks, it has the full Irmscher set up to go on 8)

Rear shocks have been mentioned on the last 2 Mots on tother... ::)

chrisgixer

« Reply #11 on: 30 August 2014, 21:25:57 »

Wasn't asking for the estate... as and when the suspension on that breaks, it has the full Irmscher set up to go on 8)

Ah. No brainer then. :)

05omegav6

« Reply #12 on: 30 August 2014, 21:37:18 »

Ah. No brainer then. :)
Will see what state the rest of the suspension is in and go from there...

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 August 2014, 22:46:53 »

Use B4's on both my cars (Eibach springs all round on one an MV6 LSC on the other)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31 August 2014, 08:40:19 »

B6 all day long

Worth the extra? Given the rest of the suspension is standard plod/rough road/heavy duty/or whatever it is?
B4 is the aftermarket bog standard replacement, that works as a good OE replacement for standard cars (slightly stiffer IMHO, though hard to compare, as they have always replaced tired shocks).

B6 is stiffer/lower, possibly a good replacement for those on lowered suspension - I've not tried, as with my china back, I can't risk going too stiff. I found Irmschered GSi Vectra-C crippling after a few miles.

B8 is the serious stuff.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.