Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two unkonown hoses  (Read 978 times)

stagnelius

• Sweden
    • Omega B Combi 2.5 V6
    • View Profile
Two unkonown hoses
« on: 31 August 2014, 17:42:52 »

Hi everybody,

I am in the later stages of changing my cylinder head gaskets on my Omega B 2.5 Estate. When I am about to refit the inlet manifold there seems to be two hoses that I must have missed where they shall be connected, despite pictures taken during the work. I have identified all the hoses to the inlet manifold. One of the undetermined hoses is about 7 mm x 12.5 mm (inner/outer diameter). It has no marks of clamps on it. It comes from back of the engine, but I cannot follow exactly where from, quite a bit down. when drawn straight upwards behind the engine it stretches some 30 cm above the inlet manifold. I don't know if it shall go to the left or to the right.The other one is about 8.5 mm x 3 mm, about 30 cm long, with a 90° turn at the end. It comes from the right hand side of the wall towards the passenger side.

Unfortunately I don't manage to insert images. when I click on the image icon it just come up , and from there I don't know what to do.

Please help!
I am no mechanic so please be specific with description.

Regards,
stagneius

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Two unkonown hoses
« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2014, 18:11:34 »

Hi Welcome to the forum  :y

One of the hoses, the one right at the back will be the automatic gearbox breather.

Sorry, can't help with the other

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 August 2014, 18:39:20 »

Hi everybody,

I am in the later stages of changing my cylinder head gaskets on my Omega B 2.5 Estate. When I am about to refit the inlet manifold there seems to be two hoses that I must have missed where they shall be connected, despite pictures taken during the work. I have identified all the hoses to the inlet manifold. One of the undetermined hoses is about 7 mm x 12.5 mm (inner/outer diameter). It has no marks of clamps on it. It comes from back of the engine, but I cannot follow exactly where from, quite a bit down. when drawn straight upwards behind the engine it stretches some 30 cm above the inlet manifold. I don't know if it shall go to the left or to the right.The other one is about 8.5 mm x 3 mm, about 30 cm long, with a 90° turn at the end. It comes from the right hand side of the wall towards the passenger side.

Unfortunately I don't manage to insert images. when I click on the image icon it just come up , and from there I don't know what to do.

Please help!
I am no mechanic so please be specific with description.

Regards,
stagneius

There are two good guides for this in the Newbie welcome section. :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 August 2014, 21:26:11 »

One of the hoses, the one right at the back will be the automatic gearbox breather.

T'other will be one of the vac hoses
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 31 August 2014, 22:02:05 »

T'other will be one of the vac hoses
Possibly the purge valve pipe... :-\

stagnelius

• Sweden
    • Omega B Combi 2.5 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 September 2014, 16:08:53 »

Many thanks first to Andy B for information about the breather. I figure it is Ok putting its end somewhere where there is minimum risk for dirt?

Thanks to The Boy and Doesn't play ... for suggestions about the other hose. Could it be that it shall go to the fuel pressure regulator?

Thanks also to Shackeng for the information about how to upload pictures. I have tried uploading two displaying the other thin hose, but on my Mac it doesn't look like in the descriptions, so I don't know if it works.

Temetsy

• Finland
    • b1 x25xe sedan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 September 2014, 10:13:37 »

The hose to FPR comes from ICV, if it's purge valve's hose it should come through somewhere where the fuel feed and return hoses come to the engine bay and connect to the small plastic thing bolted to the breather body.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.