Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: few thoughts please?  (Read 1331 times)

Vicar

• staffs border
    • 2.0 CD
    • View Profile
few thoughts please?
« on: 01 September 2014, 19:57:32 »

Hey folk. As you know I am new to Omega's. Have a couple of questions about mine.
It's a preface, 97 2.0 CD. I have noticed the top of dipstick is snapped off, how it's happened is beyond me. Can I get one from any xe engine?
I have also noticed that the reverse lights dont work, changed and checked bulbs so it must be switch or wires off it? Where is the location of the said reverse switch please?
I have a cheap nasty aftermarket cd player which doesn't work with the date/time etc on the computer. What was or what gm cd player can I get to work normally please?
The computer screen has lost its pixels, are there still replacements about for this? The odd trim bit missing but I hope to sort these along the way.
Hope you're all still reading and I haven't bored you?  :-[

05omegav6

Re: few thoughts please?
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2014, 20:02:00 »

Is it manual or auto?

Manual reverse switch is on one side at the back of the gearbox, just before the propshaft  :y Takes five minutes to change...

Auto is on the side of the box towards the front, but if only suspect if other issues are apparent at the gear lever... :-\

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 September 2014, 20:08:35 »

The pixels on PFL,s are notorious for disappearing, you can get used ones,i think, but make sure they are not as bad
as the one your,e replacing, dipstick from scrappies or someone on here. Best of luck. :y

Vicar

• staffs border
    • 2.0 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 September 2014, 20:44:36 »

Thanks for the responses,, yes it's a manual box. So I'll get underneath and see what the score is before purchasing one. Dodgy digits,, that's all I need but it's down on list of "to-dos"
What about HU? What gm unit is best or what is best aftermarket one that will work with screen? :)

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 September 2014, 08:27:21 »

Hey folk. As you know I am new to Omega's. Have a couple of questions about mine.
It's a preface, 97 2.0 CD. I have noticed the top of dipstick is snapped off, how it's happened is beyond me. Can I get one from any xe engine?
I have also noticed that the reverse lights dont work, changed and checked bulbs so it must be switch or wires off it? Where is the location of the said reverse switch please?
I have a cheap nasty aftermarket cd player which doesn't work with the date/time etc on the computer. What was or what gm cd player can I get to work normally please?
The computer screen has lost its pixels, are there still replacements about for this? The odd trim bit missing but I hope to sort these along the way.
Hope you're all still reading and I haven't bored you?  :-[
might have one in my parts shed vicar.  ;)

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 September 2014, 08:33:02 »

What type of screen do you have fitted...?

Is it a TID or MID

A TID is like a half screen, the MID is full screen... they both the same functions but easier to read on the MID   LOL

The H/U you will be looking for to work with either IIRC will be the CDR500 as they have the better CD player/reader than the earlier models...

You can find them in most Vauxhalls of the same age, doesn't really mater about the spec but will most likely need de-coding or if you're lucky you may find one without needing coding...
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

Vicar

• staffs border
    • 2.0 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 September 2014, 10:21:23 »

I'll have to have a look at the screens and see which one. Thanks for the info bout head unit. I'll see what I can find, it's a cheap alba one and it's not nice. I see you're close to me, red baron. ;-)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #7 on: 02 September 2014, 12:08:36 »

yours is likely to be mid.. and you will need nearly "frequent" changes as they are totally unreliable.. 

can be repaired but soon will be worse than before..   :(

I'm on my third and not bothering any more..

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 September 2014, 16:12:08 »

@CEM - Will a MID out of a Vectra work...? Iv never had any break on me yet, at least not in the 4 years I had a Vectra B anyway.... I think Iv got a TID out of an Omega in my shed, is an Omega TID the 1 with 2 plugs on the back..?
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

Vicar

• staffs border
    • 2.0 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 September 2014, 16:43:46 »

^^^^^ that was going to be my question. Have had vec b's and all have been fine although I know they also had issues. Sure this looks the same as a early vec b I had.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #10 on: 02 September 2014, 18:58:37 »

no idea about the vectra mids.. but I'm sure the inside circuit design not that different from an omega one..  main problem is the heat.. and my countries summer actually dont help.. >:( 

and not sure cabling and sensor wiring similiar :-\

the new models can be used but you have to redesign the cabling and sockets accordingly..

here is a link
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=102703.0
« Last Edit: 02 September 2014, 19:08:31 by cem »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.