Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fitting heated rear seats  (Read 1274 times)

i260

• Newport, South Wales
    • View Profile
Fitting heated rear seats
« on: 29 June 2011, 20:35:52 »

Anybod done this?

Is it easy / is the wiring alread there and would the switch panel be the only required item except the seats??
Saab 9-5 Aero 260ps

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Fitting heated rear seats
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2011, 20:38:53 »

Yeah, dead easy.

Switches, relays/loom under seat, and seats.  The seat backs are the hardest, as the bolts are awkward.
Grumpy old man

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2011, 21:07:46 »

Anybod done this?

Is it easy / is the wiring alread there and would the switch panel be the only required item except the seats??
Wiring from main loom is there but you will need the relays and loom to power the heatpads.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

i260

• Newport, South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 June 2011, 21:24:13 »

Anybod done this?

Wiring from main loom is there but you will need the relays and loom to power the heatpads.

Easily obtainable?
Saab 9-5 Aero 260ps

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 June 2011, 21:34:47 »

Anybod done this?

Easily obtainable?
Try to get with the seats ;)
Grumpy old man

Carfix

• Malmesbury, Wiltshire
    • 1997 & 1998 Omega Elites
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 June 2011, 13:41:02 »

When I first got my CDX some 10 years ago I decided to retro-fit the rear seat heaters (for the kids- honest!). The CDX had cloth seats with only the fronts heated. Ironically, I have since replaced the cloth with leather (heated all round).

At that time all the parts were available from Vauxhall and as indicated above you only need a bit of loom, relays, centre console rear switch panel, 2X switches and heater pads.
I made a decision to only fit the heaters to the seat bases. (it was getting expensive!)

The hardes part of the whole job was getting the cloth material off the seat base foams (held on by little metal rings). Then it's sticking down the heater pad with double side tape then re-fitting the cloth with those pesky metal rings. Route the wire and away you go. :y

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #6 on: 30 June 2011, 13:53:45 »

Or you could always fit an aftermarket kit

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/am-haw.html

:y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Carfix

• Malmesbury, Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 June 2011, 15:18:36 »

Yep, just retro-fitted after market heated pads into a Rover 400. Nice and easy and wired into factory on/off switches.  :)

mindaz

• Intermediate Member
  • IRL , UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 July 2011, 07:14:13 »

Yep, just retro-fitted after market heated pads into a Rover 400. Nice and easy and wired into factory on/off switches.  :)

how about Omega Facelift? will it fit after market heated pads and wire into factory switches  ::)
Vauxhall/0pel 0mega 2.5 , 2002 , CD

Carfix

• Malmesbury, Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 July 2011, 11:38:40 »

The ones I used for the Rover were made by a company called Waeco and these use wired heater pads.

They were ok for the Rover as the seats don't have folds/creases in the foam bases/backs where the heater pads fit. This means the heater pads lay flat and have no kinks.

I have noticed that Waeco now do a carbon heater pad which I believe can be cut and shaped to fit more awkward seats. Don't know how effective they are but they are far more expensive at the moment.

Would they fit your car? My Omega's are pre-facelift so I don't know what the seats look like.

If you have the cloth seats then they may be ok. You need to look how the folds/creases are positioned.

The pads measured 31cm X 28cm (back rest) and 40cm x 28 cm (base) and there is a 1cm margin all round which could be cut off without getting near to close to the wired element. They are secured to the foam by wide double sided adhesive tape.

I don't know about the leather seats

Try Dave DND on this forum for help as I think he stocks heated seat kits.
« Last Edit: 01 July 2011, 11:43:55 by Carfix »

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #10 on: 01 July 2011, 12:14:02 »

Link already sent for our set kits, and don`t see any reason why they cannot be fitted to the rear seats of any Omega. They come with 2 position switches, but if you wanted to use a different 2 position switch, it shouldn`t be rocket science to wire them up instead.

;)
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Brucie1946

« Reply #11 on: 04 July 2011, 07:44:53 »

Hi,

Just fitted heated rears to mine, you need the complete set of rears - rear bench base and 2 x heated backs.

Plug lives under seat all ready to go, there will be a plug also for the auto levelling rear suspension, your loom that'll come with the seats will plug into only 1 of these 2 plugs.

Route the wiring and 2 x relays inside the metal tunnel box section under where the bench goes, and feed the wire up a little hole in the middle of the car next to the transmission tunnel, this'll then marry up with the location of the 2 x heated base plugs.  2 more plugs connect to the heated backs.

Brackets live behind the carpet held on with black clips, unbolt those on your old seats, the same will apply when you attach the new heated replacements, fitting is the same as removal as they say.

Lastly, remove your old centre console panel, to reveal your plugs so as to connect to your new switches on the replacement panel, reattach your cigarette lighter wires.

Plug and play, it'll work straight away, no need for fuses.

Hope this helps

Dean
« Last Edit: 04 July 2011, 07:48:26 by Brucie1946 »

i260

• Newport, South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 July 2011, 00:50:45 »

Hi,

Just fitted heated rears to mine, you need the complete set of rears - rear bench base and 2 x heated backs.

Plug lives under seat all ready to go, there will be a plug also for the auto levelling rear suspension, your loom that'll come with the seats will plug into only 1 of these 2 plugs.

Route the wiring and 2 x relays inside the metal tunnel box section under where the bench goes, and feed the wire up a little hole in the middle of the car next to the transmission tunnel, this'll then marry up with the location of the 2 x heated base plugs.  2 more plugs connect to the heated backs.

Brackets live behind the carpet held on with black clips, unbolt those on your old seats, the same will apply when you attach the new heated replacements, fitting is the same as removal as they say.

Lastly, remove your old centre console panel, to reveal your plugs so as to connect to your new switches on the replacement panel, reattach your cigarette lighter wires.

Plug and play, it'll work straight away, no need for fuses.

Hope this helps

Dean

Thanks - should get the seats in a few weeks.
Saab 9-5 Aero 260ps
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.