Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The idiot Pike's idea backfires...again  (Read 2163 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: The idiot Pike's idea backfires...again
« Reply #15 on: 09 January 2021, 23:32:01 »

Shame really, as there are some institutions that could do with someone to sort them out.

One of my former team is a working single mum, her school decided at 3.45pm last Sunday that their crimbo holidays weren't long enough and none of them were turning in on the Monday, so all the kids had to stay home.

No thought to those who actually have to work in the real world, as key workers for example, and have to sort things like childcare on fack all notice. Then of course Tuesday comes and they're all off anyway. Presumably just as this particular school had planned all along.

And their carefully thought through teaching provision for the week? A dozen worksheets that weren't even made available to the kids until Thursday... And all that from a supposedly excellent rated school.  ::)

In these days where every school seems to be full of laptops, pcs and other technology, I don't see why a programme of zoom/Google chat/ MS Teams lessons can't be offered? Particularly when they have the brass neck to fine parents for taking kids on holiday in term time because it's damaging their educational prospects.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
Re: The idiot Pike's idea backfires...again
« Reply #16 on: 10 January 2021, 19:24:16 »

Why do actors in Eastenders always say 'fings..... free.... nuffing' rather than  'things.....three.....and nothing'?

It's just an accent. As I said, it sounds normal to me whereas Brummies sound suicidally depressed, and Scouse makes the speaker sound idiotic. My sister's boyfriend is from near Glasgow, and if I can't see him I can't understand a word he's saying.

I'm pretty sure 'posh London types'  don't say 'fings' :)

Speaking of regional accents, apparently the scouse accent is 'the least trusted accent' in the UK....with the Devon accent being the most friendly.

.......and I thought everyone trusted scousers. ::)

I live on Miseryside and don't trust myself.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.