Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done today during lockdown?  (Read 69987 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
So what have you done today during lockdown?
« on: 11 April 2020, 09:07:18 »

As I'm sure all our cars, after 3 weeks of most of us being couped up at home, as mechanically sorted, how are you filling your spare time?

Looks like today I'll have to cut the front grass.  The RC cars have trashed the rear lawn over the last fortnight, so suspect seeding will be more appropriate than mowing ;D
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done today during lockdown?
« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2020, 10:01:05 »

As you say TB cars are all sorted , plenty to occupy us in the morning dog walking then gardening, as the weather has been so nice relax in the garden in the afternoon a couple of drinks each and a game of Scrabble she's thrashing me at the moment 9-2. It's peaceful here seems almost impossible to believe what's going on in our big cities & hospitals this isolation has given me time to think as well , so will be handing my notice in after the isolation period life really is too short.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 11 April 2020, 10:46:25 »

Not really a lockdown here, the missus goes to work most days. Which means I do pretty much the same as I always did. Weekends are a bit better, because she can't go shopping for shite that she doesn't need. Uni boy is home, I think. See him twice a day when he comes down for food. I took Mo's old exercise bike up to his room and, to be fair, I've heard him hammering that for the last few days.
I'm a bit jealous, to tell the truth. I walk for miles with the dog,and think I'm quite fit. He lies in bed on his computer most of the time. He does a quick half hour on the bike, that would fickin kill me if I tried it.  ;D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 April 2020, 11:11:37 »

Go to work, keeping stuff on shelves, as nobody's got anything to do they all seem to be going shopping.
Hoof'land storeman.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 April 2020, 11:22:15 »

Not really a lockdown here, the missus goes to work most days. Which means I do pretty much the same as I always did. Weekends are a bit better, because she can't go shopping for shite that she doesn't need.

My missus goes off to the school every weekday. They have to be in for Key Workers children and as the amount of attendees was expected to be low they combined both Lower School and Upper School in to just one school. On the first three days of the first week of Lockdown, ten children turned up, gradually dwindling to just three on the last two days. It has now dwindled to zero children turning up, but the school coach service still has to run and a set amount of teachers turn up just in case some children do arrive. They spent most of their time sanitizing ...... and drinking coffee no doubt.  :)
The same goes for your shopping comment.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 April 2020, 11:24:44 »

Antisocial distancing is my forte, so pretty much the status quo here ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

razzo

• Omega Knight
  • Crapital
    • 97 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 April 2020, 11:25:25 »

Still working but hours have been cut back, never known the police to be so helpful
« Last Edit: 11 April 2020, 11:28:13 by razzo »

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 April 2020, 11:37:54 »

Currently sat in the sunshine in my back garden with a cup of tea, staring at the Moto X bike and thinking that I really should fix the air leak that makes it rev its tits off. I think it's the left hand crank seal, so need to sort it and sell it as I'm too old to ride it again.  :'(
If only I had time on my hands.  ::)  Think I'll make another cuppa and stare at it for a bit longer.  :)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 April 2020, 11:40:24 »

Currently sat in the sunshine in my back garden with a cup of tea, staring at the Moto X bike and thinking that I really should fix the air leak that makes it rev its tits off. I think it's the left hand crank seal, so need to sort it and sell it as I'm too old to ride it again.  :'(
If only I had time on my hands.  ::)  Think I'll make another cuppa and stare at it for a bit longer.  :)

That's the spirit!  :y   ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 11 April 2020, 11:51:52 »

I gave my decking another coat of decking oil on Wednesday/Thursday and thought I'd do a bit of the fencing after that. I've given the fence three coats of looking at and am no further on. ;D

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 April 2020, 12:00:42 »

Hiya all! Still stuck in Mallorca! This is my 29th day of total lockdown. No going for walks unless you have a dog and only one person allowed. No bike rides either. Only one person allowed in a car unless you are working. I have been stopped twice on two occasions going to the supermarket. Nightmare!  :(  Have been trying to get back to Scotland since I have been here. Two flights cancelled already. I guess Varche is in the same situation!  :(
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 April 2020, 12:15:21 »

I gave my decking another coat of decking oil on Wednesday/Thursday and thought I'd do a bit of the fencing after that. I've given the fence three coats of looking at and am no further on. ;D
I hope you used your Kiwi deck paint...   ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 April 2020, 12:29:33 »

Drewomega, hope you are managing. Could be worse places to be stuck. Are they British Embassy  recovery flights home? Hope you get sorted . I read somewhere that Mallorca wasn't thinking of reopening until 2021.

Day 37 of my exile here near Scarborough. It is going alright apart from the weekly hassle of getting food. My dad has recovered and his cocktail of drugs are working. Quite frustrating not being able to do much like throwing stuff away ( all three bins are full each time they are collected). Have taken an Amazon Prime subscription and bought a firestick which works very well on his unlimited internet. Had nearly twenty things delivered like a trolley for him to wheel his stuff around on. 

Mrs V is a different kettle of fish. If the lockdown had occurred in June she could have sat it out for a good ten months. We always have plenty of stuff in just in case of vehicle failure. The problem is that it is the pollen season and May is the peak. Previous years we vacate the country end of April for 5 weeks. Last year we misjudged it and we had to seek A and E on route for her to go on a nebuliser and oxygen in the evening and again in the morning. It was quite disconcerting. She has contacted the British embassy for travel documents and had already booked passage and a cabin on the Bilboa to Portsmouth ferry end later this month. She will sleep in the car en route as no hotels open and only drive thru fast food joints.  Well that is the plan.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 April 2020, 12:38:30 »

Reading history and watching documentaries on historical and political subjects.

Have also been providing, at a distance, tuition to one of my grandsons, a 9 year old, using the internet based school homework with a strong influence towards mathematics, literacy and history.

Apart from that just relaxing :D :D 8) 8) ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 April 2020, 12:51:32 »

Nookie at 10.30 AM followed by breakfast in bed.

This afternoon I need to cut back an assortment of willow trees.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 42   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.