Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Gardening...  (Read 2384 times)

Taxi_Driver

Gardening...
« on: 13 April 2014, 18:40:25 »

Well not exactly.....hoping to get veg patch sorted next weekend...ie dug over, weeded and manure added...

But, put the runner bean seeds and courgettes seeds in seed trays this afternoon....they are now sitting in the kitchen window...

Anyone else got their seeds in trays yet??

PS How high does an avocado tree grow?? Got one, again the kitchen window.....i started it off from the seed/stone a few months ago.....its about a foot high now.... 

chrisgixer

Re: Gardening...
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2014, 19:29:18 »

Seeds? :-\

The Briggs and Stratton started first pull. :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2014, 19:31:29 »

I've been digging and weeding the flower beds at my Mum's  ::)

Ground Elder. Loads of the damn stuff!  ::)  Any tips on how to eradicate it?  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2014, 20:20:32 »

I put my tomato and chilli and Sweet pepper seed in on 1st February, and cucumber seeds in on 1st March, where I have heated seed trays. Trays are now in the Greenhouse and Tomatoes are potted on into the next size of pot, where the biggest are about 6" tall. Cucumbers are just growing their first adult leaf and I will start to pot them on over the next week. Pepper seeds have been a complete failure and I think it is my fault where the soil was too wet.  :-[ The advantage of putting seeds in early is that you have enough time to have another go, so I'm waiting for the second batch of seeds to come up.  :y :y :y

I will put in my courgettes, marrows, climbing french beans and runner beans in pots and will get my vegetable plot dug over during Easter. I need to get my salad stuff and main crops in like beetroot, carrots and onion seeds in.

I always put garlic in, in the autumn as it needs the cold weather to get them started, although you can cheat by putting them in the fridge. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2014, 21:46:11 »

Got onions,potatoes and garlic growing nicely.

Chard plants in. Winter lettuce cropping nicely.

Seeds are hard to germinate here as Spring lasts about four days. Everyone uses plants. Tomato plants work out about 10 cents each and come in bundles.

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

kev2b4

• Luton, Beds
    • 2.5 CDX ,2.5 tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 April 2014, 10:02:00 »

Got through 23 litres of creosote and 5 litres used engine oil - all on the railway sleepers, fence panels , garden gate some on the ground to kill weeds etc. some on myself .

It did smell nice with the sun on it!  maybe a fire hazard with all those fumes .

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 April 2014, 10:49:21 »

I hope you are going to grow some custard.

cleggy

« Reply #7 on: 14 April 2014, 12:57:48 »

Main crop spuds are in, the onion bed is tilled and 200 onion sets in.  :y

Just got 2 veggie plots to prepare and compost plus the pea, bean and tomato runs. :(

chrisgixer

« Reply #8 on: 14 April 2014, 14:22:46 »

Nailed a fence panel back up. 

Then found another snapped post. Sigh....

Stemo

« Reply #9 on: 14 April 2014, 14:24:10 »

Looked at my privet hedge and decided it's not long enough to call the man who cuts it yet.

badmuver

« Reply #10 on: 14 April 2014, 14:24:55 »

I've got two tip runs to do thanks to my wife lol  ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 April 2014, 15:15:34 »

Going to need some strings for my hop plants to climb up soon. :D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 April 2014, 15:21:28 »

Speaking of Gardening, I cut my lawns for the first time the other day. Along with a little bit of my neighbours, as they are yet to get a mower. When to empty grass box, looked at my rubbish bins, supplied by Surrey Heath Council.

Green Bin (Recycle One): Said no thank you to garden waste!

Hummm ahh well so chucked all clippings in the black bin. Only later did MrsT discover it said no to garden waste on the top of that one too!  ???

Checked Surrey Council's website, I need to belong to the 'Green Club', I can get a brown bin for garden waste................... at a cost of £57 a year.

What the fluck? Almost £60 on top of my council tax for them to take away grass clippings?  >:(  >:(

Sod that!

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14 April 2014, 15:28:54 »

Speaking of Gardening, I cut my lawns for the first time the other day. Along with a little bit of my neighbours, as they are yet to get a mower. When to empty grass box, looked at my rubbish bins, supplied by Surrey Heath Council.

Hummm ahh well so chucked all clippings in the black bin. Only later did MrsT discover it said no to garden waste on the top of that one too!  ???

Checked Surrey Council's website, I need to belong to the 'Green Club', I can get a brown bin for garden waste................... at a cost of £57 a year.

What the fluck? Almost £60 on top of my council tax for them to take away grass clippings?  >:(  >:(

Sod that!

Sounds like you need an old fashioned compost heap at the bottom of the garden.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 April 2014, 15:29:34 »

Sod that!

Sounds like you need an old fashioned compost heap at the bottom of the garden.

Yup, been looking at those, my garden is small though, but I have a location for one  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.