Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wishbone rear bushes  (Read 3114 times)

chrisgixer

Re: Wishbone rear bushes
« Reply #30 on: 19 October 2014, 10:03:59 »

Looking at those welds, personally I'd bin those wishbones. Start again.

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 19 October 2014, 10:10:26 »

My thoughts also...how can they fail so soon??!!? >:( You get what you pay for I guess...  So as soon as possible my miggy needs cam belt change, tensioner, water pump, aux belt, cam shaft seals, crank shaft seal, new wishbones, a geo setup....ah the joy.... :-* :-X
I would rather push omega than drive renault

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 19 October 2014, 14:28:15 »

I forgot to mention that I fitted spring compressors this time and found it made the job of removing and refitting the knuckle ball joint pin much easier. :y :y :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #33 on: 19 October 2014, 14:33:04 »

I forgot to mention that I fitted spring compressors this time and found it made the job of removing and refitting the knuckle ball joint pin much easier. :y :y :y

With poly fitted it's much easier anyway.

05omegav6

« Reply #34 on: 19 October 2014, 22:15:52 »

Struts out is the future... :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #35 on: 19 October 2014, 22:21:40 »

Which is what the socket method is for. ;)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 20 October 2014, 16:44:29 »

??? ??? ??? ???

05omegav6

« Reply #37 on: 20 October 2014, 16:59:13 »

??? ??? ??? ???
I rebuilt the front of a members 3.0 estate yesterday... new shocks and top mounts, wishbones, drop links, track rods and discs/pads...

Shock nuts/top plate were removed before the car was jacked. Then up on stands, wheels off, brake caliper/disc off, droplink off, track rod off, strut out, hub off, wishbones then fall out...

Rebuilding, wishbone slots straight in, rebuilt strut located and held in place by top plate, hub refitted, then simply slot the hub into the strut and lever the arm down (by about two inches less than if you need the hub/strut to clear the ball joint), bolts in all done... No fuss, no drama... refit everything else, set camber using the socket method (as measured prior to starting). Bish, bash, bosh :y

King knackered now though ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #38 on: 20 October 2014, 17:27:24 »

It is MUCH easier with the shock bolts undone/camber setting lost, ie if replacing shocks as well for example. As Al says, bish bash bosh

Although that depends if the drop links play nicely as well.

05omegav6

« Reply #39 on: 20 October 2014, 17:50:52 »

It is MUCH easier with the shock bolts undone/camber setting lost, ie if replacing shocks as well for example. As Al says, bish bash bosh

Although that depends if the drop links play nicely as well.

Nothing a spot of gentle, er, persuasion couldn't sort out ::)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 20 October 2014, 18:20:30 »

I don't find fitting the strut to the wishbone to be a problem. Align the ball joint with the hole, use a long prybar to push the wishbone down and pop the two together.

As for drop links, be professional; if they don't loosen immediately lop the nuts off with the angle-grinder.

05omegav6

« Reply #41 on: 20 October 2014, 18:34:27 »

I don't find fitting the strut to the wishbone to be a problem. Align the ball joint with the hole, use a long prybar to push the wishbone down and pop the two together.

As for drop links, be professional; if they don't loosen immediately lop the nuts off with the angle-grinder.
Only had to use the grinder on one nut... a first for me ::) the issue was fitting the new ones... (see separate thread) :y

But hardly had to lever the arm down at all to get the hub into the shock bracket.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.