Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Think i'm gonna need a new Auto Gearbox.  (Read 23468 times)

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile
Re: Think i'm gonna need a new Auto Gearbox.
« Reply #15 on: 30 January 2020, 21:41:03 »

An AR35 with 65000 ish miles, reconditioned by Daz with a sonax thrust bearing, new filters, new fluid and new gaskets went to Northern Ireland in the back of my old 3.2 along with a shed load of other bits .. all included in the price ...... I still wonder what happened to that car  :-\
Safe in dry storage :)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31 January 2020, 00:43:48 »

An AR35 with 65000 ish miles, reconditioned by Daz with a sonax thrust bearing, new filters, new fluid and new gaskets went to Northern Ireland in the back of my old 3.2 along with a shed load of other bits .. all included in the price ...... I still wonder what happened to that car  :-\

Ahh, there you are. Your name has been mentioned as a possible source for a new AR35. Don't suppose you've got one lying about that you'd be prepared to part with?

456lbft

• Northants
  • Exhaust manufacturer from Northamptonshire
    • Omega MV6-Fred
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31 January 2020, 20:33:58 »

If you happen to find a low mileage one that's still attached to a 3.2 engine, i'd be interested in the engine to play with.
Or I'll keep in mind your quest if anything turns up.  I've tried chasing the MV6 bloke who had advertised an MOT failure on here, but have had no response.
Carlton 3.6 Track Car
Omega 3.2 MV6 Fred

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 31 January 2020, 21:40:04 »

If you happen to find a low mileage one that's still attached to a 3.2 engine, i'd be interested in the engine to play with.
Or I'll keep in mind your quest if anything turns up.  I've tried chasing the MV6 bloke who had advertised an MOT failure on here, but have had no response.

Was going to suggest the same. I don't have anywhere to store a dead MV6, or anyway of moving it. However, if you end up with a whole car and don't want/need the gearbox....

456lbft

• Northants
  • Exhaust manufacturer from Northamptonshire
    • Omega MV6-Fred
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 February 2020, 16:12:31 »

Have you tried the DIY autobox flushing with engine running method? Google it.  A friend revived a Volvo XC90 that was given to him with a dead autobox by continually flushing with fresh fluid until it now works normally.  They don't have a drain hole or an easily accessible fill, so it involved long tubes and funnels and about £80 worth of ATF. But he's now cruising around in it with a fully functioning 'box. 
Carlton 3.6 Track Car
Omega 3.2 MV6 Fred

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 February 2020, 19:57:13 »

Have you tried the DIY autobox flushing with engine running method? Google it.  A friend revived a Volvo XC90 that was given to him with a dead autobox by continually flushing with fresh fluid until it now works normally.  They don't have a drain hole or an easily accessible fill, so it involved long tubes and funnels and about £80 worth of ATF. But he's now cruising around in it with a fully functioning 'box.

The Omega will dump most of its fluid with a full change while warm,  sumps off, and blow the lines thro, gets 90% of the old fluid...  £80 of Dex3 is alot, of fluid on an Omega.. On a £6k+ car it's worth a punt.
Hoof'land storeman.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 February 2020, 20:00:27 »

AIUI (admittedly from watching Youtube videos) the common AR25/35 (4L30E) problem is that the rubber ring/seal around the 3rd/4th change piston degrades and starts leaking, which means it doesn't exert enough (oil) pressure on the friction clutch packs, which then slip, and wear out. Once the slipping starts the clutches wear more and more, and the gearbox fails sooner rather than later. If that's what's happening here then throwing ATF and filters at it isn't going to work for long.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 February 2020, 21:15:34 »

Thank you .. nice to know ..   :)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10 February 2020, 20:23:27 »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 February 2020, 22:14:48 »

Thank you .. still looking pretty a year on ... although, personally ... not too sure of those wheels ...  :)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11 February 2020, 13:18:30 »

Looks like it's been lowered as well.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11 February 2020, 14:18:07 »

I was thinking the same.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11 February 2020, 17:53:19 »

I thought that might be the effect of the different wheels/lower profile tyres ?? ... if it has been lowered thats a lot of work to take out all the self levelling !!!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11 February 2020, 17:58:20 »

Wheels are standard late Elite, so same size as your original ones :y

Obviously been painted though.
Onanists always think outside the box.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 February 2020, 08:04:10 »

I thought that might be the effect of the different wheels/lower profile tyres ?? ... if it has been lowered thats a lot of work to take out all the self levelling !!!
Not really, just pull the relay out to stop the pump running, the suspension swap is just that, an everyday job. If your really bothered you could remove the pump and pipes.

Every Elite I've had / still got (6) I've binned the wallowy self levelling springs and shocks. Did put all brand new GM self levelling on the first one but soon went to lower stiffer springs and shocks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.