Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: camcover leak  (Read 5503 times)

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
Re: camcover leak
« Reply #15 on: 13 February 2020, 18:51:17 »

sorry if im misreading this post !
£224 to replace the cam cover GASKETS ?

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 February 2020, 19:43:45 »

I thought that to be expensive as well considering Serek, with all parts supplied by me, charged £300 to do the cam belt, water pump, both front wishbones, cleaned the breathers and cam cover gaskets. The gaskets cost me £75 with TC in late 2018.

So £224 to do just the gaskets seems excessive :P

I would again highly recommend to the OP that he uses the services of Serek! :D ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 February 2020, 19:57:12 »

Couple of hours, plus parts plus Vat... Not to mention the 12 month guarantee on the parts AND labour... Actually pretty reasonable all things considered.  :y

People are all too quick to bitch and moan about the cost of things without actually considering how the price of things are calculated.

Serek may well be able to do it for £150, but throw in the tank of fuel to get there and back, and you're easily looking at £240. Not cost effective. Not even close.

Not saying that dealers are better or worse, but if summat goes wrong, they aren't another £80+ away.

And if something crops up as a result whilst the OP is on holiday, his recovery can take it straight back to the dealer to resolve it, which is presumably more convenient than East Anglia or finding yet another garage to fix it.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 February 2020, 20:53:17 »

When explained like that I can fully see your point of view DG and have to agree!  8) :y

john1959

• birmingham
    • omega 3.2 elite black
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 February 2020, 21:12:29 »

fair point  doc.thanx for imput lizzie but docs right vauxhall local and get the back up.serek must be good fair play to  him and those who use him.but docs right 160 miles there and back just had cambelts done by my mate but hes not too good at rocker covers haha so ill leave it to the topguns sick off topping oil up lets get it done! im going to torquay leak or no leak.

john1959

• birmingham
    • omega 3.2 elite black
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 February 2020, 21:19:31 »

got say ive had my omega 15 years now had cambelt go,(crank sprocket) new valves 2 years ago and nearly everything replaced inc diff,gearbox just got extensive refurb by top lads i got to say 3.2 elite still goes like an express train nothing keeps up with her, just the leak to sort and then im starting the cosmetic side of it.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 February 2020, 22:09:21 »

Whereabouts in Birmingham are you John?

I'm off to Serek's (SOS Automotive) tomorrow for a wishbone replacement, 170 mile round trip but worth it to know the jobs done properly - I'm getting far to old and lazy to lay on my back in the pouring rain and do it myself! Another option is Daz up in Stoke-on-Trent if you are the other side of Birmingham. Both highly recomended.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13 February 2020, 22:15:44 »

Whereabouts in Birmingham are you John?

I'm off to Serek's (SOS Automotive) tomorrow for a wishbone replacement, 170 mile round trip but worth it to know the jobs done properly - I'm getting far to old and lazy to lay on my back in the pouring rain and do it myself! Another option is Daz up in Stoke-on-Trent if you are the other side of Birmingham. Both highly recomended.

I thought Daz had "moved on" as they say ... no contact with him since last autumn, and I "think" he's in Poland ... although that is NOT confirmed I hasten to add....

john1959

• birmingham
    • omega 3.2 elite black
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 February 2020, 22:27:30 »

alright mate,im in yardley wood birmingham. its just easier for me to have it done at lookers.work ,kids,etc like doctor gollum said by the time ive been there and back. juice time,loss of earnings,im self employed decorator so you know. the crack.thanx for your imput

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13 February 2020, 22:47:06 »

I thought Daz had "moved on" as they say ... no contact with him since last autumn, and I "think" he's in Poland ... although that is NOT confirmed I hasten to add....

The last known address I had for him was sold 18 months ago .....  :-\

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 14 February 2020, 09:08:10 »

Oh he's still around, I spoke to him on messenger quite recently.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 February 2020, 11:07:25 »

an hour's labour and retail price on the parts would easily be £224. I would want £100 to supply and fit GM gaskets, doing the work in the street outside my house.......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 February 2020, 11:32:04 »

fair point  doc.thanx for imput lizzie but docs right vauxhall local and get the back up.serek must be good fair play to  him and those who use him.but docs right 160 miles there and back just had cambelts done by my mate but hes not too good at rocker covers haha so ill leave it to the topguns sick off topping oil up lets get it done! im going to torquay leak or no leak.

Yep, I must be honest enough to say that I often use my very reliable Vx dealer, who accepts TC, if I am not doing the job in hand myself.  Serek is great, but I did, as I described, have a number of serious jobs done at the same time in one day, and done extremely well for a price that made my journey very worthwhile.  But DG is absolutely right when you factor in the true costs for Serek doing just the cam cover gaskets.

All the best with the job being done and then getting away to Devon with peace of mind 8) :y :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 February 2020, 11:45:57 »

Oh he's still around, I spoke to him on messenger quite recently.

I would love to now how he gets on communicating with the Poles. I cant understand him when he allegedly speaks English. Lol.
Last I heard from him a lot had changed in his life. Had a new woman iirc, and had given up spannering for cage fighting !
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

john1959

• birmingham
    • omega 3.2 elite black
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 February 2020, 12:35:17 »

im glad  sereks polish i am polish descent so il lprobably get a very good deal as i speak polish too :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.