Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Car Insurance.  (Read 4686 times)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
Re: Car Insurance.
« Reply #15 on: 20 June 2020, 06:36:01 »

Just paid mine last month £629, last year £609, with LV need to declare the kit and all the extra bits, maybe should have phoned them see if could get it lower ::)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 June 2020, 07:41:06 »

Just renewed the Range Rover with LV mentioned that I had now retired & the fact that my mileage would now be reducing went from £330  to £260..😃
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 June 2020, 08:44:47 »

Insurance on my V70 is due at beginning of July had notification from present insurer[Hasting Direct]and they quoted  £250 this year,up from £188 last year ??? Went on comparison site and got it for £180[I've got 4yrs NCD on the V70]so I took that and phoned Hastings to tell them to cancel as of renewal date.Of course they went through all the faff of seeing if they could do any better and came up with a figure of £195,when I still turned that down[why couldn't they have come up with that figure in the first place?]she had "A word with her team leader" and came back with a figure of £179! On principal that they tried it on in the first place and for the sake of a quid I still told them to cancel it.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 June 2020, 09:07:10 »

That'll learn 'em ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 June 2020, 09:51:29 »

Had the annual (or 15 monthly recently) debate with the breakdown company, under a ton for 15 months for 2 people on a joint membership, including towing anywhere.

Never use the breakdown service, so I'm probably a grand down over the last 15 years, but with Mrs TB batting up and down the M40 everyday, and me being away a fair bit, its that piece of mind.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 June 2020, 11:57:21 »

Cost nearly £700 to get recovered from Preston to home following a bump as it was the only way to get me and the car home that night. That's the financial reality of a £3 per mile relay at short notice.

Even if the insurers had collected the car, it would have gone to the nearest compound and i would have be walking home.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 June 2020, 16:02:05 »

Just renewed the Range Rover with LV mentioned that I had now retired & the fact that my mileage would now be reducing went from £330  to £260..😃

Rumour has it that the reason that Lord Opti's insurance is so cheap is that not only is he a retired gentleman like yourself Mick, but he is insured for Social Pleasure only and with limited mileage, so he can poodle round locally visiting his mistresses.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 June 2020, 18:17:54 »

Rumour has it that the reason that Lord Opti's insurance is so cheap is that not only is he a retired gentleman like yourself Mick, but he is insured for Social Pleasure only and with limited mileage, so he can poodle round locally visiting his mistresses.  :y
Does he do any miles? I thought he just sat in in revving the 'nads off it.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 20 June 2020, 18:42:43 »

I was gonna say I'd never rev my car over 3000 when parked up. But the I remembered the MOT tester will rev it to over 4000 to try and make it smoke.  :(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20 June 2020, 19:08:38 »

Does he do any miles? I thought he just sits in it making brrmm brrmm noises.

Fixed.  :)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 20 June 2020, 19:23:00 »

Got to save a little bit of cash where you can, us poor pensioners & when you have mistresses to entertain as well it's not easy you know..😀
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 20 June 2020, 19:27:27 »

About 5000 miles in the Indian and about 15000 in the mighty Signum. :)

Petrol consumption overall about 17 MPG, and roughly 26 MPG in the classic and highly sought after Vauxhall. ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20 June 2020, 22:10:02 »

Petrol consumption overall about 17 MPG, and roughly 26 MPG in the classic and highly sought after Vauxhall. ::)

The mighty Signum must be on the verge of spontaneously dissolving by now M'Lud?  ???  :-\   :)

STEMO

« Reply #28 on: 20 June 2020, 22:30:30 »

Makes perfect sense to me. Drive around in an elderly Vauxhall while the car you paid tens of thousands of pounds for sits, depreciating, on the drive.  :)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 June 2020, 08:15:45 »

When you decide to break(scrap) the Sigmund, can I have the brakes for my posh Vectra :D
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.