Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AC Leak FL Elite  (Read 2130 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
AC Leak FL Elite
« on: 28 May 2016, 18:41:02 »

Having been told that the compressor on the Elite - fitted only about 18 months ago - was leaking by the MOT guy, i accepted that I will have to replace it again. However this morning I noticed a significant amount of the green oil under the front NS of the car, which is on a nose down sloping drive. With the bonnet up, and looking in past the washer filler, I can see the fluid is coming from the front of what appears to be the open end of the near side 'chassis' member, and not from the compressor. I haven't time to remove bits yet as we are off on holliers tomorrow, and will try to post pics on my return in 3 weeks. Meanwhile, any thoughts as to where this might be coming from? :-\

jb

• bucks
    • 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: AC Leak FL Elite
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2016, 21:02:12 »

There is an ac pipe which runs from condenser under battery tray,along chassis rail to the bulkhead. They are poorly fitted and rub thru on the rail .good news is they are available new from gm approx £60

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2016, 21:05:54 »

condenser is one of the usual suspects  :-\

polilara

• Finland
    • 2.6 Y26SE Elegance 2001
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2016, 18:10:56 »

There is an ac pipe which runs from condenser under battery tray,along chassis rail to the bulkhead. They are poorly fitted and rub thru on the rail .good news is they are available new from gm approx £60

Have to check mine, does anyone have a pic. of this "problem", is it a hose made of rubber or what?

jb

• bucks
    • 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2016, 19:08:19 »

Rubber and alloy

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2016, 17:18:28 »

Thanks for that JB, we just got back from hols, and away again this week, so I will have a look for that pipe in a week or two.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 July 2016, 12:07:26 »

Had the car regassed today, leak found from a high pressure pipe connection. Seems to have cured the leak, compressor still working and nice and cool inside. :y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 July 2016, 12:16:36 »

Not an easy replacement,  abs pump is in the way, and couple of electricky connector's, under the battery tray, also pipe has two clips on chassis rail, :o
Hoof'land storeman.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 July 2016, 18:52:52 »

Unfortunately the guy who did it was not around, so I don't know where he found the leak, except that it was a connector in the HP line. :-\

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 July 2016, 19:05:14 »

Not an easy replacement,  abs pump is in the way, and couple of electricky connector's, under the battery tray, also pipe has two clips on chassis rail, :o

I had a leak from this very same pipe where a pin prick of a hole had developed from movement of the pipe on a previous Omega. Spoke to a tech friend at VX about its replacement and he pulled his face saying it's an awkward job, and he also stated it required the ABS pump moving to get at it. From memory, I think he said VX quote about 5.5 hours for the job, which is an indication that it isn't that simple a job!
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14 July 2016, 19:21:23 »

I had a leak from this very same pipe where a pin prick of a hole had developed from movement of the pipe on a previous Omega. Spoke to a tech friend at VX about its replacement and he pulled his face saying it's an awkward job, and he also stated it required the ABS pump moving to get at it. From memory, I think he said VX quote about 5.5 hours for the job, which is an indication that it isn't that simple a job!

Just removed said pipe from my breaker, which has no engine,or gearbox in.
Abs,pump has to be removed, two elecriky plugs hidden under battery tray, it then comes out towards the bulkhead..
With the engine and radiators in be a Bastid job.
Hoof'land storeman.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 July 2016, 19:23:40 »

We shall see, it does seem strange that the AC oil suddenly appeared when the car had not been use for some days. :-\

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 July 2016, 07:41:22 »

Check the connecting block on l/h side near battery/ radiators, can weep.
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.