Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cambelt HELP!!  (Read 8671 times)

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
Re: Cambelt HELP!!
« Reply #45 on: 31 May 2016, 19:52:37 »

Before your latest replies i popped into the dealership and got the 13mm bolts which i was informed was for the 2.5/3.0 engine. They could order 10 from Luton which did pose me a problem/risk! They are physically different too with the 15mm with separate washer and silver in colour,whilst the 13mm are black and the washer well its a shoulder really as its not separate. What is interesting is that the pulley is different on the 2.5, on mine its hardly thick unless they had problems with the bolt but then they wouldn't be selling it.Perhaps someone could clear that one up? And this might well change the torque values if a different bolt is used as i guess Haynes refers to 2.5/3.0!!

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 31 May 2016, 20:23:33 »

Before your latest replies i popped into the dealership and got the 13mm bolts which i was informed was for the 2.5/3.0 engine. They could order 10 from Luton which did pose me a problem/risk! They are physically different too with the 15mm with separate washer and silver in colour,whilst the 13mm are black and the washer well its a shoulder really as its not separate. What is interesting is that the pulley is different on the 2.5, on mine its hardly thick unless they had problems with the bolt but then they wouldn't be selling it.Perhaps someone could clear that one up? And this might well change the torque values if a different bolt is used as i guess Haynes refers to 2.5/3.0!!

The torque is unlikely to change as the threaded part is effectively the same; it's only the first few threads that actually do anything.

There are two different thicknesses of waterpump flange, hence the difference in bolts. You wouldn't believe the whining that being supplied a thinner flanged pump causes!

Mine has been attached with three M6x15 grade 8.8 bolts and stamped washers, costing maybe £0.10 in total and tightened with a 10mm spanner, for five years:

No torque wrench, angle gauge, Loctite or worrying needed.

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 31 May 2016, 20:30:35 »

I wouldn't disagree with you but Vauxhall seem to have gone to an awful lot of trouble for what?

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 31 May 2016, 20:34:11 »

He is my conversation with the dealership!!!  Glenn

I Totally agree with your comments.

I have just spoke to a mechanic & they seem to think the 13 mm length would be ok.

I m happy for you to try these & if they work great- if not we  will give you a full refund & review the situation.

Regards
Nick Organ
01242 531952

-----Original Message-----
To: "Nick Organ" <Nick.Organ@baylis.uk.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 08:50:51 +0100
Subject: Re: y248lbd

Hi Nick, I just measured and they seem to be 15mm but i’m very reluctant to buy 10 as i only require 3 maybe the shorter ones would do. What do your mechanics use? Many thanks Glenn

Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2016 8:24 AM
To: gharper1962@live.co.uk
Subject: y248lbd

Good Morning

Thank you for your enquiry.

There are 2 part numbers listed for what you require. The only difference I can see is the length of the bolt.

We carry 1 part number  in stock ,  its a M6 BOLT  length 13 mm in stock  -  3 of these would cost- £3.13 inclusive of v.a.t

the other is  15 mm length.  we would have to order a minimum of 10 - £10.56 inclusive of v.a.t

would you like me to put the ones in stock by for you to collect from a Baylis  Branch  of your choice?

Regards
Nick Organ
01242 531952
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.