Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2980668 times)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #19365 on: 09 November 2019, 10:30:10 »

Took some photos of my 3.2 ready for the for sale advert on a well known auction site.  :'(

I've had the car for 17 years and working on it became so much easier with the knowledge on this forum. The available help is a godsend when you work on your own vehicles. I have two newer cars but I still like the ride and comfort of the Omega. It's like a comfy armchair that I've been struggling to part with.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19366 on: 09 November 2019, 10:33:06 »

Yep, know that feeling. Although what I've replaced it with is better in almost every respect, the Omega did me for nearly 200k of mostly trouble free motoring and was still a lovely car to drive 'till the end.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19367 on: 09 November 2019, 10:55:23 »

Only time will tell how the new cars will hold up.

You would like to think that they will last though given the relative purchase costs :-\

The Omega has a terrible reliability reputation, but the reality is that there is only a handful off issues and these affect all of them and are easy to diagnose and fix. Thanks in no small part to this place.  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19368 on: 09 November 2019, 11:16:44 »

There are other cars that I really want to buy (CL 500 or a Boxster) but that would mean getting rid of my Omega, and I cant bring myself to do it. I don't do a lot of miles in it, but when I do, it reminds me every time what a lovely thing it is to drive.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19369 on: 09 November 2019, 11:32:30 »

I have to concur with the above, the Omega was a nice old Hector, would waft along, nice and comfortable, and when required could make some noise and hold its own, I didn't want to sell the MV6, but I had to be realistic, the worms had started to make themselves known, So I decided to let someone else sort it, the car is still on the road according to dvla, in the Glochester area, The Saab is an okay replacement, it appeared at at a price to good to miss,...
Hoof'land storeman.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19370 on: 09 November 2019, 11:49:19 »

Yep, know that feeling. Although what I've replaced it with is better in almost every respect, the Omega did me for nearly 200k of mostly trouble free motoring and was still a lovely car to drive 'till the end.

I agree and know what you mean but even after 17 years I still feel loyalty to the old girl.  :'(  At one stage I thought we would both die together ......... actually there were several times I thought we'd die together but that had nothing to do with age and more to do with my excitement.  ::)
The other cars are new and have a lot of unnecessary toys. They have unnecessary things like lane discipline etc., where the steering pulls you back in line if you don't indicate to overtake ...... in a bmw. They didn't think that one through did they.  ;D ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19371 on: 09 November 2019, 15:17:35 »

I loved my Omega & in all honesty it was more comfortable than the E class I replaced it with, however the Range Rover now ranks as my number 1 most comfortable vehicle I've owned.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19372 on: 09 November 2019, 18:43:38 »

things like lane discipline etc., where the steering pulls you back in line if you don't indicate to overtake ...... in a bmw. They didn't think that one through did they.  ;D ;D
I think I might have left piss rings in my y fronts ;D
Grumpy old man

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19373 on: 09 November 2019, 19:41:16 »

Replaced the dead drivers door lock actuator thanks to a kind forum member coming to the rescue with a workable replacement.Might look into getting new "bits " fitted into the defective 1 incase the replacement doesnt live too long although my ability to solder is on a par with my knowledge of nuclear physics so any takers ?

Agree with all comments above about Omega ownership.I drive most days in excess of 100 miles in it and never fail to enjoy the drive either twisty country lanes or at speed on both M20 and M2 when they are not a carpark or lorry queue,

Went through a period of contemplating replacing it with either a C320 AMG or a 350 E class and neither inspired me enough to make the break.Will attempt keeping mine running until this time next year and no doudt go through the above again !!

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19374 on: 10 November 2019, 14:45:50 »

Replaced the fuel filter on the other silver one as it's got to go for an MOT and was dripping. What a ball ache of a job. One clip released fine, the other wouldn't budge, resorted to taking the pipe off the cover plate (fortunately it was that side!) and dropping it out, was still a ball ache... Never had one so fiddly to remove and i've done plenty  :(
« Last Edit: 10 November 2019, 14:53:39 by VXL V6 »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19375 on: 10 November 2019, 14:50:42 »

Not one of GMs brighter ideas...
Onanists always think outside the box.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19376 on: 10 November 2019, 14:55:57 »

Not one of GMs brighter ideas...

I think the problem is it's a low mileage per annum car so it spends a lot of time sitting around, logically the higher mileage cars are getting there's changed in a lot shorter time frame.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19377 on: 10 November 2019, 17:51:05 »

Trying to think when I last changed TBE's fuel filter.  Or more accurately, *IF* I have changed it.

I get a sneaking feeling I did change it when I got it. WIll have to check history.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19378 on: 10 November 2019, 17:53:24 »

Found the Battlebus, as I needed a skip to put rubbish in.  Upset a steward/marshall by leaving a long line of rubber on the road as a sign of my feelings for them, so we "had a discussion", and I think he was left with no choice but to agree that they were all retards.
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19379 on: 10 November 2019, 18:17:23 »

Found the Battlebus, as I needed a skip to put rubbish in.  Upset a steward/marshall by leaving a long line of rubber on the road as a sign of my feelings for them, so we "had a discussion", and I think he was left with no choice but to agree that they were all retards.

powerful those Zafira A tractors  ;D

I need to replace the rear wiper motor on ours and fit a new arm/blade (not parking the blade) tried the relay  :(

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.