Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Removing the aux belt tensioner

(1/2) > >>

JohnM:
I think that torrential rain has washed the last of the grease from my tensioner bearing, I've a nasty whir coming from that area.  My forum mojo isn't working and the nearest I saw was the alternator change.

How does this actually come off ?  (what do I need to do)
Will the idler wheel just pull off the tensioner once the aux belt is off and the 15mm unscrewed ?
Is there a good exploded diagram of the device somewhere?

Once in my hand I'm sure I can either regrease the bearing/replace the bearing/change the whole gizzmo complete.
At the moment everything is in its place.

15mm hex and metal bar at the ready ...

Doctor Gollum:
have you done it yet? you have everything you need...

Andy B:

--- Quote from: JohnM on 09 December 2019, 13:39:39 --- ....

Once in my hand I'm sure I can either regrease the bearing/replace the bearing/change the whole gizzmo complete.
At the moment everything is in its place.

15mm hex and metal bar at the ready ...

--- End quote ---

It's a while since I had an Omega  ..... but IIRC the pulley is moulded around the bearing so the bearing won't press out of the pulley. Some part number here http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=59446.msg874061#msg874061 but the post is some years old so might have changed a bit.
Once the belt is off the pulley, it's pretty obvious which bits come off & how.

terry paget:
Put long arm on a socket (15mm I think), place socket on retaining nut, heave clockwise, remove the belt. Socket back on nut, heave anti-clockwise, nut unscrews. Remove nut, pull off bearing.

TheBoy:
remove belt, undo 15mm nut.

If notchy, replace whole pulley (£20ish), if smooth but dry, regrease.  Do not regrease notchy one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version