Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rear fog lights? - heres why.....  (Read 1270 times)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile

DaveL

• Omega Knight
  • Nr. Cupar, Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Re: rear fog lights? - heres why.....
« Reply #1 on: 01 July 2007, 15:14:17 »

The amount of times you see cars coming at you without headlights on when in fog never mind rear fogs is beyond belief. Just come back from our little meet with Bruce and phate321 lots of ghosts coming at you through the 'harr' (in land sea mist/fog). A lot of them in new reg so either hire car or company so as yet have not got further than starting or cigarette lighter. ;D ;D ;D

8-)
DaveL

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 July 2007, 15:18:20 »

Yeah, I guess it's not law around here to have your lights on in the rain?  Very few people do.  It is law in the states, and makes a lot of sense.
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

DaveL

• Omega Knight
  • Nr. Cupar, Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 July 2007, 15:23:09 »

Yeah, I guess it's not law around here to have your lights on in the rain?  Very few people do.  It is law in the states, and makes a lot of sense.

or leaving rear fogs on when the fog has cleared, especially at night or when it is raining. >:(

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 July 2007, 16:32:52 »

apart from the obvious drunk driver, i dont understand how some idiots drive at night with no lights on, oblivious to the fact that their dials aren't lit up either! this being a chav in a 206 at half 11 last night!

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 July 2007, 18:44:27 »

I believe it is, in any form of precipitation. Certainly I switch mine on in anything more than a very light drizzle.

Personally I think rear fog lights cause more problems than they solve. If you're going too fast to stop in the distance you can see a car with normal lights on, how the hell do you expect to stop for those thousands of other objects with no illumination that may somehow end up on the road? To make matters worse as soon as the fog lights go on you can no longer tell whether the cars in front are braking as they're the same intensity as brake lights. So when all the cars ahead suddenly do an emergency stop you're none the wiser until a few seconds later when you notice you're suddenly catching up with them >:(.

Plenty of other countries get by without them, and I think we'd do a lot better without them too. Just hammer people who are driving far too fast for the conditions.... oh I forgot, as long as you're doing less than the speed limit then the cameras can't get you, so 70 MPH on a dual-carriageway is perfectly OK even if there is only 20 metres visibility ::).

miggy

« Reply #6 on: 03 July 2007, 21:45:22 »

:-X

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20070630/tuk-road-crash-involves-43-vehicles-6323e80.html

As I have said many times on here. [size=16]BE SEEN[/size], i use my rear fogs in bad rain on the motorway

:y :y :y

hobbes

• N.E. Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 July 2007, 22:09:05 »

As I have said many times on here. [size=16]BE SEEN[/size], i use my rear fogs in bad rain on the motorway

...nicely obscuring my brake lights so the idiot following too closely stupidly doesn't react and rams me up the ass....

Double edged sword mate!

Fog lights are my pet peeve, usually dopey (mainly female) drivers with it blazing away come rain or shine.

I ONLY use in dense fog.
« Last Edit: 03 July 2007, 22:11:35 by hobbes »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 July 2007, 23:25:55 »

Was driving along the M3 this evening, just after a very heavy shower (read: thunderstorm), driving west into the sun and thought to myself that I could barely see the tail lights of the car in front through the spray yet the reps in the fast lane were driving awfully close to each other. Backed off a little and made some extra space.

I was bloody glad I did. Cascade of brake lights up the fast lane, BMW locks up then cuts in front of me to find himself some more stopping distance. I hit the anchors to see the bloke in the mirror locked up and clearly not going to stop. Luckily my extra space was still available so I eased off the brakes and all was well.

Still, nobody was speeding so that's alright, then.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

miggy

« Reply #9 on: 04 July 2007, 01:32:22 »

...nicely obscuring my brake lights so the idiot following too closely stupidly doesn't react and rams me up the ass....

Double edged sword mate!

Fog lights are my pet peeve, usually dopey (mainly female) drivers with it blazing away come rain or shine.

I ONLY use in dense fog.

As said mate, BE SEEN, past expierience tells me to do this, I slow down but dippies behind dont, I want them to see me, and funny enough I see a lot of dopey boy racers driving around during the day with them on, not always females.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.