Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Got a heavy cold and cough....  (Read 3236 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Got a heavy cold and cough....
« Reply #15 on: 11 January 2018, 22:10:39 »

With reference to the home cooking thread and now this one: I eat mostly shit, fruit, vegetables and salad don’t appeal to me at all. I don’t get colds. I am not fat. And I don’t give a toss how much my crap food costs.

So eff off.  ;D

If you ate good home cooked food with a healthy balanced diet, you probably still wouldn't get sick or fat, but you might have a more pleasant disposition!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 11 January 2018, 22:20:10 »

With reference to the home cooking thread and now this one: I eat mostly shit, fruit, vegetables and salad don’t appeal to me at all. I don’t get colds. I am not fat. And I don’t give a toss how much my crap food costs.

So eff off.  ;D

If you ate good home cooked food with a healthy balanced diet, you probably still wouldn't get sick or fat, but you might have a more pleasant disposition!  :)
I’m quite comfortable with my disposition, thank you.  :)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 January 2018, 22:23:56 »

You might be.....  ;D

Ron.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 January 2018, 22:30:04 »

So eff off.  ;D

You'd probably have a more comfortable constitution if you ate decent food though.  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 January 2018, 10:35:29 »

So eff off.  ;D

You'd probably have a more comfortable constitution if you ate decent food though.  ::)  ;D

A steaming bowl of scouse would help.......but  believe it contains vegetables. :-\

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 January 2018, 12:13:12 »

I got hit before Christmas with whatever is flying around.  3 weeks off work and only now am I able to get back on the bike which is proving effective at clearing the lungs of the, ahem, phlegm.

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 12 January 2018, 12:19:39 »

So eff off.  ;D

A steaming bowl of scouse would help.......but  believe it contains vegetables. :-\
Actually, I wasn’t quite honest there. I love bowls of stew and the like with vegetables in, I just don’t like the modern stuff they serve up these days, i.e. raw and warm.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 January 2018, 15:48:51 »

I got hit before Christmas with whatever is flying around.  3 weeks off work and only now am I able to get back on the bike which is proving effective at clearing the lungs of the, ahem, phlegm.

It took 7weeks until mine started to improve. The multi coloured phlegm was best described as 'chewy'.
It could have been worse though; I've a friend who was coughing so hard she managed to crack a rib.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 January 2018, 17:28:27 »

which is trying hard to turn into man flu :( :( :( but I'm too busy for such luxury. :( :( :(

If it really is man flu then....... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

I only hope your inevitable demise is relatively comfortable.

Or is it becoming Australian flue, the first cases being reported by the NHS!! :o :o :o

You girlies have it so easy, Lizzie. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

All you have to do is pop out something the size ans weight of a cannonball. ;)
I do that regularly  ;D
That's made me get off the potty
Grumpy old man

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 January 2018, 18:12:36 »

phlegm , now there's a word that makes you cringe  :o

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 January 2018, 18:37:06 »

phlegm , now there's a word that makes you cringe  :o

no, it's the yellowy green gunge in it that makes you cringe.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 January 2018, 20:29:14 »

Vitamin C has no effect after you have flu/a cold - it must be taked regularly before you get ill.
If you are ill, I find the best cure is to really sweat it out; go to bed after taking paracetamol or whatever, wrap up really warm, PJs, double the bedding and an extra duvet and no matter how hot and sweaty you feel, stay in bed for at least 24 hours.

Ron.

Not according to the US government public health website. Research shows that taking vitamin C after you have got a cold doesn't reduce the severity of the cold but does marginally reduce its duration, where vitamin C is used by your immune system. Presumably in the production of white T-cells?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19263912
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 January 2018, 20:59:25 »

They are not exactly new findings, Rods2 and the "after-the-event" therapy has to be a large dose, at least 1000mg, of Vitamin C, to be efficacious. I'm happy with my previous comment, because a steady build-up over time wards off the common cold - inasmuch as anything will.
I have found the most effective preventative has been retirement - no need for "sickies", so no colds!  ;D 8) :y

Ron.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 January 2018, 21:15:53 »

They are not exactly new findings, Rods2 and the "after-the-event" therapy has to be a large dose, at least 1000mg, of Vitamin C, to be efficacious. I'm happy with my previous comment, because a steady build-up over time wards off the common cold - inasmuch as anything will.
I have found the most effective preventative has been retirement - no need for "sickies", so no colds!  ;D 8) :y

Ron.

I've always found sucking a couple of zinc tablets works well on the slightest sign of a sore throat, where it is medically proven they stop the virus in your throat breeding, so you immune system can finish off a small amount that are there. :y If your throat is already sore, then it is too late where there are too many of them. :(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18 January 2018, 21:21:16 »

Zinc tablets? That's worth remembering. Useful during pregnancy too, I hear, not that that concerns me too much..... ;D

Ron.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.