Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Errrr-oops!  (Read 1868 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Errrr-oops!
« on: 25 June 2016, 17:25:14 »

Last November I paid £100 in parts and labour to get it through mot.A couple of weeks later having been nowhere in it since the mot the temp gauge promptly went to the end stop of the red zone and the fans didn't kick in!although the car was still running fine with no sign of struggling.So I set to saving up for the parts I wanted to replace/have replaced,these included both radiator fan switches,the ctsand temp sender for the coolant bridge,a new thermostat and transfer pipe,new oil cooler and associated washers[dowty etc] and a new timing belt kit complete with water pump.Then I paid DLK to come over from Stoke and fit belt kit/waterpump.The rest I have yet to fit/have fitted and the car still hasn't turned a wheel since November!So today I've done what any sane right thinking person would do......I've bought another car :D This one is a V reg Volvo V70,came with a load of history[a new cat among other bits for last mot]just over 125,000 on the clock and tested to next April.Both o/s doors could do with painting,but who cares?Purchase price?..£50 :y Two things I need to do,first find somewhere to park it[my road is very short and already crowded + I have no off road parking]second thing is to work out how to use 3 pedals when I've only got 2 feet :D ;D ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Errrr-oops!
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2016, 17:35:00 »

Last November I paid £100 in parts and labour to get it through mot.A couple of weeks later having been nowhere in it since the mot the temp gauge promptly went to the end stop of the red zone and the fans didn't kick in!although the car was still running fine with no sign of struggling.So I set to saving up for the parts I wanted to replace/have replaced,these included both radiator fan switches,the ctsand temp sender for the coolant bridge,a new thermostat and transfer pipe,new oil cooler and associated washers[dowty etc] and a new timing belt kit complete with water pump.Then I paid DLK to come over from Stoke and fit belt kit/waterpump.The rest I have yet to fit/have fitted and the car still hasn't turned a wheel since November!So today I've done what any sane right thinking person would do......I've bought another car :D This one is a V reg Volvo V70,came with a load of history[a new cat among other bits for last mot]just over 125,000 on the clock and tested to next April.Both o/s doors could do with painting,but who cares?Purchase price?..£50 :y Two things I need to do,first find somewhere to park it[my road is very short and already crowded + I have no off road parking]second thing is to work out how to use 3 pedals when I've only got 2 feet :D ;D ;D

What's not to like? :y

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 June 2016, 17:39:16 »

At that price couldn't turn it down,got to be a profit in it should I decide to sell it on :y

baggedestate

• Intermediate Member
  • Gillingham kent
    • 3.2 estate ex police
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 June 2016, 17:44:19 »

sounds a bargain to me :)

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #4 on: 25 June 2016, 17:50:46 »

Ohhhh!!! Is it the T5 model???

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 June 2016, 18:34:24 »

For £50......? Doubtful.... Unless someone didn't know what they was selling....
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 June 2016, 20:44:16 »

Sadly no not a T5 :'( Just a boggo 2.4L V70,but as said at £50 what can possibly go wrong? :D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 June 2016, 21:19:08 »

Sadly no not a T5 :'( Just a boggo 2.4L V70,but as said at £50 what can possibly go wrong? :D

They don't handle neglect very well, but by buying a manual you've avoided the biggest issue.

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 June 2016, 21:27:38 »

the auto box falling out with the engine would that be nick????
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #9 on: 26 June 2016, 10:13:38 »

the auto box falling out with the engine would that be nick????

Yup, ours did it quite regularly after a 'spirited' run, used to cook the ATF & turn it into a brown watery mess which in turn killed the box.

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 June 2016, 07:55:02 »

They don't handle very well....

I totally agree, the 2.4t I used to have was crap around corners, it just didnt like them... But went like a scalded cat in a straight line, once the turbo wound itself up that is....
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.