Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Astra overheating - AA man says water pump or head gasket  (Read 4767 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Astra overheating - AA man says water pump or head gasket
« Reply #30 on: 26 July 2019, 19:45:11 »

Early morning test satisfactory, car returned to son Jonny. Another job jobbed. :y
Nice one :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26 July 2019, 20:43:39 »

I do observe a level of petty and inappropriate comments and sniping in this thread from a few, its uncalled for and not needed.

There are over 7 billion variants of human on this plant and growing, no two the same.

I personally applaud Terry for running a good number of cheap cars, cheaply.

Thanks for that Mark, we all know who we are talking about, and as you say, completely unnecessary sniping. :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27 July 2019, 09:27:11 »

I do observe a level of petty and inappropriate comments and sniping in this thread from a few, its uncalled for and not needed.

There are over 7 billion variants of human on this plant and growing, no two the same.

I personally applaud Terry for running a good number of cheap cars, cheaply.
Well said that man, but it shouldn't need to be said  :'(

Granted, terry paget has had a fair few issues with some cars bought recently, but that is always a risk buying older cars.  But for the most part, it seems they have been cheap fixes, so all worthwhile :)

We all try to help our family when we can, and if terry paget's way of doing that is to provide working vehicles to his childern, surely that is to be praised, not berated  ???

And on top of that, I find the trials and tribulations of his cars interesting, and when I see him getting the help to resolve the issues, well, that makes OOF worthwhile to me.

Although I hope, and believe that no malice was intended in the posts in question.
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #33 on: 27 July 2019, 10:15:02 »

I think it probably comes from a place of good intent - in that none of us want to hear that Terry keeled over while trying to fix an Astra/Omega/Corsa/etc for his kids.. but I also know what my Dad is like, who I literally cannot stop from turning up at our house to do DIY (he turned 71 this year).

If I have half as much energy as him at that age, I'll be a lucky man .. assuming I haven't croaked of a heart attack.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 27 July 2019, 17:14:49 »

I think it probably comes from a place of good intent - in that none of us want to hear that Terry keeled over while trying to fix an Astra/Omega/Corsa/etc for his kids.. but I also know what my Dad is like, who I literally cannot stop from turning up at our house to do DIY (he turned 71 this year).

If I have half as much energy as him at that age, I'll be a lucky man .. assuming I haven't croaked of a heart attack.

Your Dad probably thinks you're about to, so feels the need to help out!  :P  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 27 July 2019, 18:13:00 »

Yes probably all in jest for a laugh, I’ve not been on here as long as most but I find his stories and trials interesting and applaud him for not giving in whatever his age or whatever he’s trying to fix :y
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.