Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: when did the police ever have 300BHP! LOL  (Read 6936 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: when did the police ever have 300BHP! LOL
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2009, 10:45:48 »

Does that mean then if I swap the spare wheel on my Elite for an alloy I will also have a 300bhp police spec car.  loads of toys, sat and fully electric seats.

Cor, I did'nt know uprades were that simple. ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 July 2009, 10:47:10 »

98 model, looks like a 2,5 in as well and not the 3.0 advertised.  (Has short plenum)

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

dippydave

• Sutton Coldfield, West Mids
  • how personal?
    • Vectra 2.0DTi Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2009, 11:28:16 »

98 model, looks like a 2,5 in as well and not the 3.0 advertised.  (Has short plenum)

is it short, or just the angle it's being looked at?  ;) fernar fernar

Shame the pictures are so rubbish as well that you can't actually read the badges on the back.

oh and if it's missing a passenger side headlamp washer, than that'll fail the mot - so saying he can't see any reason why not is a bit of a contradiction!
Vectra Elite Estate doing good post-Omega service but still not as nice to sit in.

One last Omega on the drive, one Corsa on the lawn...maybe they'll go to a good home before too long!

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 July 2009, 11:34:53 »

Well I've just sent him a question ....

Can you confirm the BHP output as AFAIK the highest BHP was the 3.2V6 at 217 BHP  so what has been done to this to get 300 BHP ?? Also, do you have the missing headlight washer as that will cause an MOT fail ... headlight washers are mandatory for HID lights ... :(

Regards

Entwood

I wonder what the answer will be ....   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Edit ...... This is it ...  :)

hi the last owner did all the mod's he spent over 3000 on just the engine i am trying to find out what he done to the letter but he is a bit hard to get hold of i believe he put new heads but that's all i know at the moment (cat 3 heads) and i don't think it is a 3.0 anymore it is very fast i have had big engine cars (2.9 2.8 3.0 3.4) all my life and i was having a hartatake when driving it, i do not have the washer for the headlight but it is a real kit so you can just take it off for the mot or you can pick one up from ebay for cheap i didn't know the exact bhp but was told it was around 300 that y i put around 300 you are welcome to come see and start it but cannot drive it as i have no insurance thanks will put more info on when i get in touch with the man

"touch not with bargepole" comes to mind .. :)
« Last Edit: 09 July 2009, 13:23:11 by entwood »

kevpuk

• Poole
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 July 2009, 18:07:24 »

Oh dear, somewhat dellusional seller  :o

sidewaysmv6

« Reply #6 on: 09 July 2009, 18:47:52 »

thats a bit polite...id have said he's a rather tube! ;D

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
  • Astra VXR it's a way of life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 July 2009, 19:16:44 »

Well I've just sent him a question ....

Can you confirm the BHP output as AFAIK the highest BHP was the 3.2V6 at 217 BHP  so what has been done to this to get 300 BHP ?? Also, do you have the missing headlight washer as that will cause an MOT fail ... headlight washers are mandatory for HID lights ... :(

Regards

Entwood

I wonder what the answer will be ....   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Edit ...... This is it ...  :)

hi the last owner did all the mod's he spent over 3000 on just the engine i am trying to find out what he done to the letter but he is a bit hard to get hold of i believe he put new heads but that's all i know at the moment (cat 3 heads) and i don't think it is a 3.0 anymore it is very fast i have had big engine cars (2.9 2.8 3.0 3.4) all my life and i was having a hartatake when driving it, i do not have the washer for the headlight but it is a real kit so you can just take it off for the mot or you can pick one up from ebay for cheap i didn't know the exact bhp but was told it was around 300 that y i put around 300 you are welcome to come see and start it but cannot drive it as i have no insurance thanks will put more info on when i get in touch with the man

"touch not with bargepole" comes to mind .. :)

I did ask for a breakdown of the mods as i have a genuine 263bhp (with printout) myself ,and have been told this is near to all i will get, he could not produce the facts and said the engine mods were done by a previous owner...
« Last Edit: 09 July 2009, 19:19:08 by biggshome »
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

KillerWatt

« Reply #8 on: 09 July 2009, 19:42:21 »

And the rest.......

Anybody who is insured to drive any other car (and that's most of us) will be allowed to legally drive it...so his excuse of you can start it but not drive it because he's not insured is a load of crap.....just ask yourself why you can't drive it before you buy  ;)

PS
Don't bother asking yourself why you can't drive it, I'll tell you why.......he doesn't want you to know it's a piece of s*it with the handling capabilities of a 1973 3 litre Capri running on 165's in the pi$$ing rain!
« Last Edit: 09 July 2009, 19:45:20 by KillerWatt »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 July 2009, 19:53:46 »

And the rest.......

Anybody who is insured to drive any other car (and that's most of us) will be allowed to legally drive it...so his excuse of you can start it but not drive it because he's not insured is a load of crap.....just ask yourself why you can't drive it before you buy  ;)

PS
Don't bother asking yourself why you can't drive it, I'll tell you why.......he doesn't want you to know it's a piece of s*it with the handling capabilities of a 1973 3 litre Capri running on 165's in the pi$$ing rain!

You reckon it's that good  .... ??   :D :D :D

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 July 2009, 21:26:41 »

You cant drive another car under your own insurance unless that car is insured itself, I guess he has lapsed the insurance ;D
Past Drives: 16 Monzas, 1 x VW W8 4motion, 1 lotus Carlton, 1 Carlton GSI, 1 Omega Evolution, 1 Vectra 2.5V6, 2 Omega MV6s, 4 Cavaliers plus 131 others over the years!!

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 July 2009, 21:51:53 »

You cant drive another car under your own insurance unless that car is insured itself, I guess he has lapsed the insurance ;D

As KW said, if you are insured to drive "any" other car.  Bur a lot of policies only allow 3rd party cover, and as mentioned only the the car is insured by the owner.

My mate who moved my GLS last week for example has a trade policy, so he is insured regarless (up to his limit and limitations)

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 July 2009, 21:54:59 »

Common misconception, it comes down to each individual policy wording.

Being a yoof, DOC cover is but a dream to me, though...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 July 2009, 22:04:34 »

Yep seems most policies do not allow third party cover for other (insured) cars unless you are 25 plus ;) and of course you need a fully comp policy to get that anyway!
Past Drives: 16 Monzas, 1 x VW W8 4motion, 1 lotus Carlton, 1 Carlton GSI, 1 Omega Evolution, 1 Vectra 2.5V6, 2 Omega MV6s, 4 Cavaliers plus 131 others over the years!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.