Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Jag XF Sportbrake  (Read 14120 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Jag XF Sportbrake
« Reply #45 on: 04 November 2019, 10:33:14 »

Clearly, if it must be a soot chucker, the V6 diesel is the one to have.  Actually, the V6 -S badged ones.
The non S V6 soot chucker is 235ish bhp
The S V6 soot chucker is 275ish bhp (up to about 2016ish, when it became 300)

Tax is the same, claimed economy is the same. Why would anyone buy the half-arsed one?  The more powerful one has 600Nm of torque as well, which will rip the tarmac from the road.

This is the problem, the only XF you can buy in my view is the XF-S. I sat in a few of the latest shapes XF's but the lower spec R-Sport or 2.0 ones did not have much adjustment in the seats, no electrical tilt.

The XF-S has more adjustment in the seats (no doubt an option on others) but makes it harder to find examples.

You need to spend £17-20k ish to get something half decent.

The seats in the SRi Mummy bus (MV6 cloth style) were far more supportive than any of the Jaaaags.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04 November 2019, 17:12:40 »

Certainly the 20way seats in my one, also available in the XF, were more comfortable than any Zaf I've been in, though maybe I got the setting just right :)
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 04 November 2019, 17:37:00 »

Certainly the 20way seats in my one, also available in the XF, were more comfortable than any Zaf I've been in, though maybe I got the setting just right :)

Yep......although once set you never use the millions of combinations available.

Much like the washing machine. It has about 20 setting but 19 have probably never been used.

Put the clock right this afternoon. Much like the satnav it is powered by coal or steam. :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 04 November 2019, 17:39:54 »

Put the clock right this afternoon. Much like the satnav it is powered by coal or steam. :-\
Cant fault the Nav in mine, but the clock is inexcusable.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 04 November 2019, 19:21:50 »

But your short arse, properly sized people like me at 6ft5 find most seats lacking in thigh support.

The extending front part in the SRI trim, are very comfortable and supportive.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 04 November 2019, 19:24:13 »

But your short arse, properly sized people like me at 6ft5 find most seats lacking in thigh support.

No, Lanky, I'm normal. In every way.

;D
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04 November 2019, 19:33:13 »

For proper seats full memory beats partial electric beats manual.

The Zafira isn't comfortable because of the seats per se, but rather the relative vertical distance between the thigh and the floor.

This is one of the larger disappointments of the Trolley. The seat is no higher off the floor than the Omega.
Onanists always think outside the box.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 04 November 2019, 19:33:47 »

;D

In other news flying pigs just took off from my close.  ;D

Seriously though, I put these seats on par with Elite cloth. Huge drives to Ireland and back and no issues with back pain , super comfy.

Hence I kept it for myself.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 04 November 2019, 20:10:08 »

;D

This is why I like having the base of the Elite seat tilted  so I sit / sink into it and it takes the slack up in my legs! I can get the perfect driving position in an Elite, the same can't be said for Mrs VXL's Astra.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 04 November 2019, 20:17:41 »

Again, the difference between being able to adjust the seat almost infinitely vs 3/4" spaced notches :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 04 November 2019, 23:38:04 »

;D

This is why I like having the base of the Elite seat tilted  so I sit / sink into it and it takes the slack up in my legs! I can get the perfect driving position in an Elite, the same can't be said for Mrs VXL's Astra.

I have mine adjusted the same way and it suits me just right.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 05 November 2019, 07:47:34 »

The seats in the XE are great (10 way memory) and in the Velar better still (20 way memory with cooling, heating and massage, probably the same as TBs given JLR have used Lear for seating for years).

For us, memory is essential, due to Er-indoors random driving position in full munchkin mode

aaronjb

« Reply #57 on: 05 November 2019, 08:50:42 »

The seats in the XE are great (10 way memory) and in the Velar better still (20 way memory with cooling, heating and massage, probably the same as TBs given JLR have used Lear for seating for years).

For us, memory is essential, due to Er-indoors random driving position in full munchkin mode

Massage seats .. do they come with a happy ending?

I've never been bothered about memory seats before, but now the OH is also driving the Range Rover they are rather useful .. I only just fit between the seat and the steering wheel after she's been driving it  ;D ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 05 November 2019, 09:01:35 »

My Omega had the memory seats and at the time didn't realise how handy the memory part was. The R Class had electric seats doing every thing electric but no memory .... after moving the seat for what ever ... hoovering etc, it took me ages to get the seat back to where it was before. I made sure I had memory seats on my ML ..... why do you have to manually move the interior mirror though?  ???

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 05 November 2019, 16:29:49 »

My Omega had the memory seats and at the time didn't realise how handy the memory part was. The R Class had electric seats doing every thing electric but no memory .... after moving the seat for what ever ... hoovering etc, it took me ages to get the seat back to where it was before. I made sure I had memory seats on my ML ..... why do you have to manually move the interior mirror though?  ???
Because stupid people who bought the original W140 S Class kept breaking the electrically positioned one by manually forcing it rather than using the convenient switch. So for the face-lift, they deleted it. Permanently.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.