Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: A sad situation  (Read 1474 times)

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
A sad situation
« on: 03 October 2008, 20:32:51 »

Similar to a thread on her a few weeks ago about people being wary about helping children in case they were suspected of "other motives".On the tonight show just now two child actors pretended to have lost there parent in a shopping mall over one thousand people walked past them and only five stopped to offer them help.
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

miggy

Re:  A sad situation
« Reply #1 on: 03 October 2008, 20:34:51 »

Similar to a thread on her a few weeks ago about people being wary about helping children in case they were suspected of "other motives".On the tonight show just now two child actors pretended to have lost there parent in a shopping mall over one thousand people walked past them and only five stopped to offer them help.

Thats the way it is now, you cannot afford to approach kids to help now.  

STMO123

« Reply #2 on: 03 October 2008, 20:36:37 »

I'd like to think I'd be straight in to help (and I think I would), but until it happens..........

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2008, 20:38:28 »

I wouldn't go near them. Most lost children have got dirty hands and runny noses. Disgusting.  ;D
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #4 on: 03 October 2008, 20:39:19 »

I didnt see the show.....but im guessing outa the 5 that did stop to help.....they were either middle or older aged females or 2 or more in the group that stopped  :-/

Dusty

• Omega Knight
  • Shropshire
  • Erotic Romance Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 October 2008, 20:53:06 »

A while ago I posted about Mr Dusty leaving a child up a tree for fear of being accused of ulterior motives.

Yes, it is a sad reflection on our society. But it is how we have been sensitised by the media, that we must have another reason if we should ever have to approach any children. :'( :'( :'(

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 October 2008, 21:00:00 »

too bloody dangerous to stop and talk to kids, one of 4 things will happen:

You get stabbed
they nick your wallet
you get shot
you get called a pervert
« Last Edit: 03 October 2008, 21:00:13 by tunnie »

HolyCount

« Reply #7 on: 03 October 2008, 21:08:00 »

Ultimately society as a whole is the loser

SheWhoMustNotBeOUTBID

• Intermediate Member
  • Drives the only front wheel drive miggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 October 2008, 21:29:01 »

Well I'm afraid if I saw a child distressed I would definitely go over and try to find out what was wrong and wherever possible find someone in a uniform who could help immediately.  Think that's the best compromise.  Never ever leave a child in distress but make sure people who are supposed to be able to deal with these things are alerted and stay in vicinity until help does arrive.

Just could not leave a child in distress on their own even if i don't go up to them and give them a hug given today's expectations.

Once worked as a school volunteer and received one or two training sessions later on.  During the first lesson I helped with a little girl got very upset in ICT.  Comforted her (put arm round her shoulder), and got her working again with some comforting words but apparently u aren't even allowed to do that.  I stopped volunteering cause I just could not be in that position again and be unable to even touch a child for fear of being accused of something.
Save The Earth.., its the only planet with chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish admins were clever enough to remember to let me on the forum cause I do good coffee in return!

STMO123

« Reply #9 on: 03 October 2008, 21:37:01 »

Well I'm afraid if I saw a child distressed I would definitely go over and try to find out what was wrong and wherever possible find someone in a uniform who could help immediately.  Think that's the best compromise.  Never ever leave a child in distress but make sure people who are supposed to be able to deal with these things are alerted and stay in vicinity until help does arrive.

Just could not leave a child in distress on their own even if i don't go up to them and give them a hug given today's expectations.

Once worked as a school volunteer and received one or two training sessions later on.  During the first lesson I helped with a little girl got very upset in ICT.  Comforted her (put arm round her shoulder), and got her working again with some comforting words but apparently u aren't even allowed to do that.  I stopped volunteering cause I just could not be in that position again and be unable to even touch a child for fear of being accused of something.

I ,too, worked in a school and I've still got two years to run on my CRB certificate. So perhaps I should start carrying it around with me in case of lost children etc...... ::)

willyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds. West Yorks
  • Can Do !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 October 2008, 22:34:53 »

What was it5 people out of several hundred  that actually stopped even 2 of the guys sort of said they were warey one said he stood away from the kid to talk to let people see he wasnt touching it  & other was a kids rugby coach who said he was about to get someone else as they always talk to kids in at least pairs so theres no people making remarks etc sad state of affairs but theres a lot of creeps out there for sure ! :-/

Cumbria

• Intermediate Member
  • Southport. Merseyside.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 October 2008, 22:48:17 »

I remember when my mum was a school dinner lady and it was a red hot summers day she offered to rub some sun tan lotion on a little girls back to stop her getting burnt. The headmaster said to leave her it was more than her job was worth. Whats the world coming to where not all like Garry Shi**er sorry Glitter.

Kate

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • Drives people mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 October 2008, 23:21:02 »

I used to be a teacher in secondary schools but left the profession as it seemed like it was the kids who were in charge and had all the rights.
« Last Edit: 03 October 2008, 23:21:25 by katemarlow »

LaserLance

• Omega Knight
  • medway towns
  • Red or Black please!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 October 2008, 23:26:44 »

The yoghurt knitters and pc brigade have certainly screwed up this country , glad i aint a kid no more , proberly the things i did as a kid in the 60/70's would give them fits, climbing trees  ,playing conkers the H+s gestapo would round us all up and wrap us in cotten wool :D :D

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 October 2008, 23:28:49 »

ive been asked for cigs off kids,  some get stroppy because you dont give them one, what worries me they could shout something out in anger, and it could be misenterpreted.

Pete Elite

• Omega Knight
  • Uxbridge, Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 04 October 2008, 01:04:41 »

A while ago I posted about Mr Dusty leaving a child up a tree for fear of being accused of ulterior motives.

Yes, it is a sad reflection on our society. But it is how we have been sensitised by the media, that we must have another reason if we should ever have to approach any children. :'( :'( :'(

Why did Mr Dusty put the child up a tree :D :D :D.

bighed

• Shropshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 October 2008, 04:26:46 »

Im a security supervisor at a large shopping centre and even we get frowned upon helping children!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.