Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Just picked up my courtesy car  (Read 3499 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Just picked up my courtesy car
« Reply #15 on: 07 December 2019, 14:45:37 »

Well....no phone call, so it looks like we're keeping the little turd for the weekend  ;D

Presumably SE stand for special equipment. Imagine what the 'poverty spec' version would be like and count your blessings. :)
The special equipment is a heater and a radio.

Have I been taken back to 1965. ::)

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 December 2019, 22:56:33 »

Just took it on the dual carriageway and let the 73 horses loose. It was at 55 before I knew it.
I think my viva had an SE badge :-\
56bhp from the 4 cyl pushrod engine,  front disk brakes, heater and front seat belts. It might even have had a rear screen heater. Never did work out whet counted as 'special equipment'. Can't remember if it had a radio  :-\
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 December 2019, 00:05:52 »

Well....no phone call, so it looks like we're keeping the little turd for the weekend  ;D

Presumably SE stand for special equipment. Imagine what the 'poverty spec' version would be like and count your blessings. :)

Interesting, I always thought it was French and stood for 'Sans Equipment'.

STEMO

« Reply #18 on: 09 December 2019, 11:17:39 »

I've posted on here before, I absolutely loved the Viva MrsGK brought home from work once. Revvy, light, characterful.

Couldn't pull a sailor off your sister but it felt fun! Small enough to thrash down a B road too.

But then I am not normal.
I'm getting used to hearing the little engine scream now, and you're right! I wouldn't like to try a motorway run but, around town, it's a fun little thing. I actually smiled taking a bend in fourth gear, it just gripped and whizzed round it.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 December 2019, 12:19:55 »

I've posted on here before, I absolutely loved the Viva MrsGK brought home from work once. Revvy, light, characterful.

Couldn't pull a sailor off your sister but it felt fun! Small enough to thrash down a B road too.

I'm getting used to hearing the little engine scream now, and you're right! I wouldn't like to try a motorway run but, around town, it's a fun little thing. I actually smiled taking a bend in fourth gear, it just gripped and whizzed round it.  ;D

Look on the bright side. It may be glacially slow but it least it doesn't have an engine that is killing the planet (and black babies) :)

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 09 December 2019, 12:21:27 »

Look on the bright side. It may be glacially slow but it least it doesn't have an engine that is killing the planet (and black babies) :)
I actually hate the planet. And black babies. So it's derv for me every time  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 December 2019, 12:23:14 »

I actually hate the planet. And black babies. So it's derv for me every time  :)

But you are old and won't be around much longer. What about young people like me. :)

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 09 December 2019, 12:47:44 »

But you are old and won't be around much longer. What about young people like me. :)
If I won't be around, why should I care about anyone else?

Anyhow......just had a call from Vx, the dirty diesel is ready to be collected. I've just put £10 in the viva, so I'll have to go via Chesterfield to use it up.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 December 2019, 13:20:09 »

If I won't be around, why should I care about anyone else?

Anyhow......just had a call from Vx, the dirty diesel is ready to be collected. I've just put £10 in the viva, so I'll have to go via Chesterfield to use it up.  ;D

Crooked spire. :)

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 09 December 2019, 16:49:51 »

I can have my estate back off wifey tomorrow, thank f**k for that. My dog didn't like being on the back seat of the viva (in her crate), the noise of the engine was quite scary at 5000 revs  ;D

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09 December 2019, 20:14:57 »

Bear in mind I make a living from tearing about in, generally knackered, diesel things... And on a weekend, I drive anything from the FTO to the vRS to a 190E... I still love thrashing a titchy little hatchback.  The feeling and sound of revving it, knowing I'm barely going to tickle a speed limit, and then not having to slow down for corners... Brilliant.
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.