Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ronnie had enough!  (Read 1547 times)

Ronald_McBurger

ronnie had enough!
« on: 12 May 2007, 20:22:30 »

Ok guys. Heres a chance for you. I have had enough doing cars for the moment. My back cannot handle this and after tonight I am leaving the Omegas for a while.

So, up for sale is my project ELITE LPG. It is a late 1999 facelift V Reg with 113k from new and a full history. It has had a new oil cooler as well as a brand new cambelt & tensioners + water pump just fiited by me. It is MoT'd until August and I have just taxed it for 6 months. It has ALL the elite toys, including memory seats and BOSE etc.

Problems: Small dent in NSF wing still to sort, NS centre joint needs sealing better and the tappets are still noisy, despite a new oil filter and new vx oil tonight and a 20 mile run. Other than that it drives fine and just needs finishing off. The LPG system does work and again needs the bagpipes modified to be a bit better than the bodge that was there. I will probably do this myself tomortrow anyway.

So, I am looking for £1500 as it stands. Will easily make £2700 when finished.  First one with the cash can have it. By tomorrow night it will be on ebay.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2007, 20:23:18 by Ronald_McBurger »

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ronnie had enough!
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2007, 21:02:32 »

Leaving Omegas again for a while?  ;D

Sorry mate, I know how your back is, but you can't keep away from them (or us!) for too long.

Oh, and I thought you were watching Eurovision?  ;)
The Administrator.

omegaV6CD

• Intermediate Member
  • Darlington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2007, 21:03:10 »

i will take it off your hands for 157 quid if you want mate ;D ;D

Nickbat

« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2007, 21:49:05 »

Oh, and I thought you were watching Eurovision?  ;)

Nowt wrong with Eurovision. See the outfit the girl from Moldova was wearing? Trousers only just above sea level.  :P :P :P

Loved Wogan's comment: "Hope her mother didn't see that!"

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2007, 22:03:42 »

I do hope this doesn't mean that your leaving the OOF for a while :-?
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2007, 23:40:24 »

I do hope this doesn't mean that your leaving the OOF for a while :-?

I very much doubt it, he's part of the furniture...

Ronald_McBurger

« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2007, 08:18:47 »

Down but not beaten after all. A night's sleep makes me see it all in a different light. Today I am bringing out Mr Angle Grinder to play. Followed by Mr Club Hammer and maybe Mr Stanley Knife.

..... if you can't fix it, smash it.  >:(

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2007, 09:53:05 »

Down but not beaten after all. A night's sleep makes me see it all in a different light. Today I am bringing out Mr Angle Grinder to play. Followed by Mr Club Hammer and maybe Mr Stanley Knife.

;D my dads motto re cars and general diy " if at first you dont succeed raise your hammer over yer heid"
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 May 2007, 10:54:44 »

;D my dads motto re cars and general diy " if at first you dont succeed raise your hammer over yer heid"
Which reminds me, I need a new Sammy....    ....hence why the tractor still lives....
« Last Edit: 13 May 2007, 10:55:03 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man

Ronald_McBurger

« Reply #9 on: 13 May 2007, 13:02:56 »

Ok, so I was joking. I do NOT give up that easily. Engine runs, but is very tappety dispitye a good run, so I am stripping it all back down again next week and starting from scratch.

Today, Laidback gave a huge hand sorting out Mrs McB's 1999 CDX Auto Estate. Slight oil leak was the diagnosis I believe. Mmmmmm. Mrs MarksDTM will confirm that!!!

We did both rocker gaskets and intended to do breathers too, but they were actually clear. Rocker on drivers side had been leaking a bit, but OMG the paseengere side!!!!! Plug well 2 and 4 were4 literally FULL of oil. Nasty black 'orrible oil.

So, all cleaned out by Laidback for the price of a bacon sarny and between us we had the car stripped down and all back in about 2 hours, including a much overdue oil and filter change with a nice new air filter to boot. I will do all 6 plugs next weekend alongside a full oil flush and another oil & filter change to get rid of some of the 'orrible bronze coating on the cams.

I must say that her car goes like stink, always has since I did everything when I got it last year for her. I mean, it REALLY goes. Only Omega I have driven that was quicker was Marks ex-plod, and that was 3.0. This is a 2.5 and really does fly.

Anyway. Back to the project? Oh well another week or two yet. No rush. It will be worth it in the end.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 May 2007, 13:52:02 »

Ok, so I was joking. I do NOT give up that easily. Engine runs, but is very tappety dispitye a good run, so I am stripping it all back down again next week and starting from scratch.

Today, Laidback gave a huge hand sorting out Mrs McB's 1999 CDX Auto Estate. Slight oil leak was the diagnosis I believe. Mmmmmm. Mrs MarksDTM will confirm that!!!

We did both rocker gaskets and intended to do breathers too, but they were actually clear. Rocker on drivers side had been leaking a bit, but OMG the paseengere side!!!!! Plug well 2 and 4 were4 literally FULL of oil. Nasty black 'orrible oil.

So, all cleaned out by Laidback for the price of a bacon sarny and between us we had the car stripped down and all back in about 2 hours, including a much overdue oil and filter change with a nice new air filter to boot. I will do all 6 plugs next weekend alongside a full oil flush and another oil & filter change to get rid of some of the 'orrible bronze coating on the cams.

I must say that her car goes like stink, always has since I did everything when I got it last year for her. I mean, it REALLY goes. Only Omega I have driven that was quicker was Marks ex-plod, and that was 3.0. This is a 2.5 and really does fly.

Anyway. Back to the project? Oh well another week or two yet. No rush. It will be worth it in the end.
And let me guess, once again, used cheap gaskets? ;)
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 May 2007, 14:43:29 »

Might be worth checking the oil pressure before taking it apart again?

Could be that the pressure is low.

Also, I remember ClarCE saying his lifters were noisy after we changed the cams and it didn't clear in just a short drive. It was purring like a kitten when I saw it a week later though.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Ronald_McBurger

« Reply #12 on: 13 May 2007, 15:31:57 »

Yes, cheap gaskets used again. Because I can! :y Nothing wrong with the gaskets, just the crap sealant that some moron used and a lack of oil change.

Low oil pressure is the most likely problem at the moment. Next job is to drop the sump as advised by Mark. Looking for a possible oil strainer fault. Could also be pressure relief valve or even oil pump itself! If the latter, I will probably change the engine which I have fancied doing for a while anyway.

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14 May 2007, 14:57:20 »

Might be worth checking the oil pressure before taking it apart again?

Could be that the pressure is low.

Also, I remember ClarCE saying his lifters were noisy after we changed the cams and it didn't clear in just a short drive. It was purring like a kitten when I saw it a week later though.

Kevin

Yep, 20 mile run, still noisy
60 mile run, less noisy
can of wynns lifter treatment, near silence, and has been ever since (must be 3 weeks, and about 600 miles now) :y :y
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.