Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elevated/irratic idle throttle  (Read 607 times)

zuluf

• Valpovo, Croatia
    • View Profile
Elevated/irratic idle throttle
« on: 05 September 2011, 18:44:00 »

About a month or less ago my camshaft sensor bought the farm and went to some place where fried Siemens components go :P . Car was functional but I didn't drive it much and while I was waiting for sensor exchange day I did the:

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1207387811

After the sensor exchange at first the problem did not occur but after 2-3 days it started to manifest to about 80% of the time.
I start the engine, everything is OK. I rev it a bit in place and still same. I leave it for a minute or so in place and rev again and still the same.
But, when I go somewhere (aka move the car) when I press the clutch and let it run at idle the throttle goes down to about 1500-ish rpms, stays a bit there (between 5-10 sec, maybe more sometimes) and then it goes down. Same every time.
In a 2-3 days period this stopped and I thought it was some glitch or what but then it appeared again.
Some times when you let go of the gas pedal rpms go down to 1.5k and I the car runs like you've holding it at 1.5k rpms and driving if you don't disengage the clutch.
On some occasions rpms go down to 1.5k, stay there and then suddenly drop to 500-600-ish and engine seems likes its about to stall and then it goes back to normal or if you poke the gas pedal a bit then it goes up.
It's not drive-breaking or the end of the world or what but it's really irritating when it happens and it's bugging me more and more.
Could the false information on idle throttle be connected to glitches (dirt) on idle control valve (or what's it called) on picture 23 (in the guide I linked)?
Or is it some other thing connected to another thing etc?

Engine is X20XEV with LPG, 1997.
Problem is the same (more/less) on gas and on LPG

Thanks in advance

P.S.
No errors or that kind of stuff reported.

This problem occurred before but very very rare and it was short term (10-15 seconds) and it happened mostly on very moist days.
« Last Edit: 05 September 2011, 18:46:13 by zuluf »

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
Re: Elevated/irratic idle throttle
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2011, 19:12:13 »

Find thread " X 20XEV Misfire" from 29.august, seems we've both done the same things and we need to do same things too in future
I would rather push omega than drive renault

zuluf

• Valpovo, Croatia
    • View Profile
Re: Elevated/irratic idle throttle
« Reply #2 on: 06 September 2011, 21:17:03 »

Thanks for info but after reading that and some other stuff I've found on the net I think my problem is somewhere with possibly clogged up vacuum hose/port or some other dirt that might have been disturbed with throttle body cleaning.
If I have time tomorrow I'll disassemble it and check everything and we'll see.
P.S.
I don't think its a misfire problem because engine runs smooth and even except that idle throttle value is either elevated or jumping up/down a bit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.