Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Barnsley Council.......phone.  (Read 6990 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Barnsley Council.......phone.
« Reply #45 on: 18 March 2019, 21:50:16 »

Trouble is, mine died in a microwave.

??? ???

Sounds careless to me. ::) Obviously it survivied the "fall down the stairs". Unlike the printer. :'(

when the forum conspiracy theorist reads this, we'll get a rambling post with this gist: phone in microwave; in garage; with gas cylinders; so it follows that the Russians are involved; so TB is to blame for Trump. Or Brexit. Or Facebook. Or the decreasing size of Mars bars. Or some other 'dangle berries' 8)
Sounds feasible.

Really?

And I was worrying that all the beer, cheese and sunshine I've had in southern France over the last few days had gone to my head :)
Only if you eat that god awful French food.
Agreed.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 19 March 2019, 09:53:49 »

Only if you eat that god awful French food.
The French don't really have a "dish" or style of food (Parisians might think they do, but Parisians are as near to the French as Londoners are to the British).  For the most part, French cuisine is much like UK cuisine.  Obviously on the south coast, fish features more strongly.

I will concede, however, the French can't cook a slab of cow.  They have to serve in near raw so as not to need a chainsaw.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 19 March 2019, 10:56:58 »

Ands they eat horse, snails and frogs. Dirty bastids.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

aaronjb

« Reply #48 on: 19 March 2019, 10:59:29 »

Ands they eat horse, snails and frogs. Dirty bastids.  ;D

All three of which are very tasty..

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 19 March 2019, 11:06:56 »

Dirty bastid.  ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #50 on: 19 March 2019, 11:25:20 »

You rang?  ;D ;D

Love Paris, personally, and the food..

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 19 March 2019, 12:39:46 »

You really must watch this.  :y ;D ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oevfCaLjqs

NWS !!  ::)

STEMO

« Reply #52 on: 19 March 2019, 12:44:12 »

You rang?  ;D ;D

I heard you love food anywhere.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 19 March 2019, 13:11:28 »

Phone arrived but the box had already been opened. The phone hadn't been used though.

I contacted Barnsley council and spoke to a very polite man who sounded remarkably like John Noakes.

" You can send it back for a full refund " he said.........or you can keep the phone with no charge to you.

So I now have a brand new Microsoft phone free of charge. :y

........and there was me thinking that all northerners are tight bastards. :)

STEMO

« Reply #54 on: 19 March 2019, 13:28:19 »

Phone arrived but the box had already been opened. The phone hadn't been used though.

I contacted Barnsley council and spoke to a very polite man who sounded remarkably like John Noakes.

" You can send it back for a full refund " he said.........or you can keep the phone with no charge to you.

So I now have a brand new Microsoft phone free of charge. :y

........and there was me thinking that all northerners are tight bastards. :)
I think the phone conversation proves who the tight bastard is  :)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 19 March 2019, 13:35:48 »

You rang?  ;D ;D

Paris would be nice, if it weren't for the Parisians.  I felt very little love living there for 5 years, once the Parisians knew I was English they would often turn their backs or all of a sudden be needed elsewhere/product not available/etc.  In the rest of France it is a very different picture and most Froggies have quite an affinity for the English and British (some even know the difference between the two).

If you want a culinary experience like no other then I suggest you head to Lyon and eat in a 'bouchon' resturant.  These are certified as serving authentic Lyonais food which can be quite..... interesting  ::).  Poulet au vinaigre, however, is easier to stomache and is something everyone should try once in their life. :P

French beef should be at most medium-rare, personally I prefer blue with a big dollop of Dijon mustard or bernaise sauce.  nom nom.....

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 19 March 2019, 13:43:45 »

You rang?  ;D ;D

Paris would be nice, if it weren't for the Parisians.  I felt very little love living there for 5 years, once the Parisians knew I was English they would often turn their backs or all of a sudden be needed elsewhere/product not available/etc.  In the rest of France it is a very different picture and most Froggies have quite an affinity for the English and British (some even know the difference between the two).

If you want a culinary experience like no other then I suggest you head to Lyon and eat in a 'bouchon' resturant.  These are certified as serving authentic Lyonais food which can be quite..... interesting  ::).  Poulet au vinaigre, however, is easier to stomache and is something everyone should try once in their life. :P

French beef should be at most medium-rare, personally I prefer blue with a big dollop of Dijon mustard or bernaise sauce.  nom nom.....

Try Montreal if you really want miserable French speakers. :-X

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 19 March 2019, 13:51:26 »

You rang?  ;D ;D

Try Montreal if you really want miserable French speakers. :-X

From experience, I find if you conflate anything French with the Quebecois they get very aggressive.

aaronjb

« Reply #58 on: 19 March 2019, 14:14:02 »

I actually feel more at-ease with Parisians than I do with Berliners .. the Parisians seem infinitely more friendly; it's not that the Berliners are unfriendly, it's just that they're very German (apologies to Zirfeld ;D)..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.