Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 4 Wheel Alignment settings needed  (Read 3059 times)

laney101

• Intermediate Member
  • liverpool
    • omega elite v6
    • View Profile
Re: 4 Wheel Alignment settings needed
« Reply #15 on: 16 June 2019, 09:22:10 »

i did laser front wheel alignment on mine few months back when i fitted all new front suspension.

transformed it car drives fab now never been so good.

1mm toe in each side so 2mm total toe in.
1.3 degree negative camber on each front wheel

car drives straight  brakes straight corners great and done 3k now these setting and new tyres and no srubbing or uneven wear to be seen yet.

never touched rear.  i have had cars 4 wheel aligned in past and makes a exceptional difference. (if done right) if done wrong can be worse.

if car not wearing tyres and happy with how it drives and not messsed with anything on rear i always leave alone and just reset front as that all got messed with.

but ultimately resetting all 4 wheels (correctly) will make a massive improvement.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: 4 Wheel Alignment settings needed
« Reply #16 on: 16 June 2019, 11:20:40 »

As everything should be measured to the thrust angle (basically, ensure the rear geometry is perfect, then use that was the measurement point), I would normally call out "laser alignment"/"4 wheel alignment"/tracking etc as an utter waste of money. Simply because your base point is unknown, and so you're setting the geometry around an unknown point.

The Omega is particularly fussy, and absolutely must have Thrust Angle of 0'00 only.  Compromise the rear camber if necessary, even if its way out - though that's a sure sign the rear suspension arms are badly bent.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.