Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Postimage.org test pic.  (Read 10372 times)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Postimage.org test pic.
« Reply #15 on: 08 August 2019, 14:09:59 »

Looks better now as the scabby number plates have been replaced with new ones housed in irmscher surrounds.  :)

Without pictures its never happened :D :D,has it still got rear arches  ::) :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 August 2019, 17:59:21 »

Will try and post a couple of pics soonish when I get time. Rear arches are fine, although the paintwork around there and some other places needs a little attention. Still get quite a lot of positive comments about it from people though.
Gave a bloke a lift in it yesterday who is a lifelong car mechanic / trader/ racer, and he was raving about what a superb car it is, regardless of its age, or the 185k on the clock.
I really do like this car a lot. Its by far the best Omega Ive had, since spending the time / effort / money to get it pretty much how I want it.
I had planned on replacing it with a CL500 around now, but I cant bring myself to part with it tbh.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #17 on: 10 August 2019, 20:16:41 »

Lovely looking car.

Thanks Tilbo. I really want a CL500 as my weekend car, but cant bring myself to part with the old Omega. Its a lovely thing to drive.  :)

If I had a double garage at the time I would have never have let mine go, my Merc is great got more power than I'll ever need but there is just something about the Omega I love.

Know what you mean, I'll always love the Omega as you say there's just something about them. I'll try and keep my Omega as long as possible but with the amount of rust in various areas, the engine burning oil, transmission clonking into gears under hard acceleration etc..etc.. Can't complain it has done around 217k if i recall.... It probably wont last long standing now I have the CLS500. At least it will make a nice garden ornament.......

As good as the Mercedes CLS is it just lacks something the Omega has. Although I don't really feel anything for modern cars in general.. Only thing i look for now is performance and handling with reasonable comfort and creature comforts like heated/cooled seats etc.... New cars now they are like a smartphone on wheels these days. Fashionable to change yearly  ::)

Took a deposit on my Merc today gets collected on Tuesday had it 4 years & it hasn't missed a beat probably get rid of the Hyundai as well , had a Hemi Jeep for a while & will probably go back to another.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 August 2019, 20:53:06 »

you did have to pay all that dosh out on the Ariel base rubber Mr Tilbo  :-\
and you replaced most of the Hyundai for new parts  :P
Perhaps keep the Hyundai for towing and get one of those French Diesel Renault Cl-Eeyore things as a posh car  :P

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 August 2019, 21:20:50 »

Surprised you sold the E430, But given the opportunity for profit on a car owned many years I’d find it hard to turn down as well :y

Good luck with the hunt for the replacement. Do like them C63 AMGs just watch out they can have expensive issues especially with the early 63 engines if you go down that road  :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.