Chat Area > General Car Chat

£214.20

(1/3) > >>

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:
....to insure the Indian for another year. :y......this time with the AA.

A bigger excess would have brought it down to a paltry £183.

When I was young and dumb I had no insurance for years. The cops would have to catch me first. ::)

Now I'm old and sensible.....but still dumb. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
One of the few advantages of getting old is cheap insurance. I also didnt bother with stuff such as insurance or even a licence when riding bikes in my teens in the 70,s. It was seen as a sign of weakness, and probably meant you were gay.  ::) ;D
Then in 79 at the end of my teens I paid £636 for third party insurance for a car. That was a lot of money then.  ::)
Tried to stay reasonably legal since then. although its only in the last decade Ive started to accept that speed limit signs might be just more than pointless road furniture.  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:

--- Quote from: Migv6 le Frog Fan on 22 October 2020, 14:31:46 ---One of the few advantages of getting old is cheap insurance. I also didnt bother with stuff such as insurance or even a licence when riding bikes in my teens in the 70,s. It was seen as a sign of weakness, and probably meant you were gay.  ::) ;D
Then in 79 at the end of my teens I paid £636 for third party insurance for a car. That was a lot of money then.  ::)
Tried to stay reasonably legal since then. although its only in the last decade Ive started to accept that speed limit signs might be just more than pointless road furniture.  :)

--- End quote ---

According to the online inflation calculator £636 in 1979 is £2938 in 2020. A lot of money.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:
I used the old 'Tax in post' approach for many years.

Must have saved me a fortune. ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
TAX IN POST office.  ;D Or a Guinness label. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version