Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: F/S Omega saloon 3.0 v6 Ex-police manual, lsd  (Read 2152 times)

Cameron

• Morayshire
    • View Profile
F/S Omega saloon 3.0 v6 Ex-police manual, lsd
« on: 05 April 2010, 12:38:02 »

This is my ex-police track slag that was used lightly for a couple of Marham track days. When I say lightly, I mean that - brakes weren't hammered, and only a couple of sets of rear tyres were eaten.

Due to work commitments, I've not had any playtime to spend on her and won't have any for the foreseeable future. I'm moving house in a few months so it's time for her to move on to pastures new.

Anyway, the car has been well maintained - the engine and running gear are in great condition with the oil in the engine and dif changed every 1000 miles (basically every trip to Marham).

The car is rare for ex-plods as it has a full black leather interior, apparently it was used as an armed response vehicle and only these had this trim level (metal bar is still installed in boot for gun rack).

Specs:

Engine - 3.0 v6 in great condition, quiet and smooth with stacks of power (hit speed limiter on private track - 155mph!). It also has the throttle butterflies knife-edged and smoothed - seemed to make a noticeable difference. The cylinderheads are sound.

Transmission - 5 speed manual with LSD (essential for proper drifting)

Xenon HIDs fitted - great visibility at night.

Suspension - Lowered and uprated (forget the make)

Wheels - 16" omega alloys with a full set of 15" track wheels with good tread (not been on track)

Extras - has roof bars fitted and comes with a tow-bar that I never got round to fitting. She also has a number of spare parts like headlamps, brake calipers, ignition leads, dispack, etc

Past maintenance - it has in the last 2k had:

New crank-sensor.
New battery.
New dispack.
New timing-belt and tensioners.

Bad points:

Looking a bit tatty having sat for a year. The rear wheel arches and door are starting to rust - I've patched her up a bit but it's still noticable.

Misfire - I changed the dispack 2 years ago and fitted the replacement in the scuttle to stop the replacement suffering the same fate as the old - heat damage from the exhaust. She worked fine for a few months, then the misfire returned. Exactly same symptoms of dispack/ignition failure. I think I may have crushed the ignition leads in fitting it in the scuttle. I have spare leads and another spare dispack (not the original) to fix this, but never got the time to fit them.

For a new MoT, it would need the brakes stripping and servicing as it's been sat for a year, but that should be it - it sailed its last one.

I haven't got any pictures to upload just now as I'm working away from home at the moment, although I will be home for Easter. In the meantime I've attached a link to a video that a friend took of the car at Marham.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx0CH5amWQM

I'll put £350 as the engine and transmission are worth that alone, however I do need her gone before I move house so I'm very much open to offers.

If I had the time I definitely wouldn't be selling her, but needs must, so come and grab a bargain that's more fun than a sack full of cats ;)

Cameron

• Morayshire
    • View Profile
Re: F/S Omega saloon 3.0 v6 Ex-police manual, lsd
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2010, 12:21:00 »

Open to offers guys...surely someone up north would want her?

Cameron

• Morayshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2010, 20:38:27 »

Forgot to put mileage - 160k.

Also just remembered that the heater blows only cold air, probably the heater matrix. It's been like that all the time I've owned her.

[size=14]£200[/size] and she's yours, I really just need to find her a new home.
« Last Edit: 06 April 2010, 20:41:36 by Kamykasie »

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 April 2010, 00:03:07 »

Someone must want it for that price??
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #4 on: 07 April 2010, 08:24:56 »

I would have it but location is the issue with no MOT etc on it as I have no way of getting it back
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

Cameron

• Morayshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 April 2010, 12:39:19 »

As requested, pics of interior...

Also forgot to mention that there is a K&N panel filter fitted.

« Last Edit: 07 April 2010, 12:44:14 by Kamykasie »

feebone

• Oldham, Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 April 2010, 20:45:32 »

its a shame your so far north, otherwise i'd have bit your hand off for this. Just can get it back home with no mot, and it'd cost a small fortune getting transporter for it. If you deside to strip it, let me know as ill have a few bits off you(like the diff). You said you don't get any time to play with it, but you'll make more than £200 stripping. Just a thought :y

Arrolman

• Intermediate Member
  • Renfrew,Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 April 2010, 21:35:38 »

Phone falkirk car carriers(01324 482382) for a quote on delivery, getting my new omega brought up from devon for £300, but thats due to the area that they are having to cover to pick up other vehicles, depends on what cars they have going down to your area :y

Cheers,
Iain
Looking to win the lottery..........

Cameron

• Morayshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 April 2010, 00:39:55 »

its a shame your so far north, otherwise i'd have bit your hand off for this. Just can get it back home with no mot, and it'd cost a small fortune getting transporter for it. If you deside to strip it, let me know as ill have a few bits off you(like the diff). You said you don't get any time to play with it, but you'll make more than £200 stripping. Just a thought :y

Unfortunately I don't have time to do anything with the car.  Least not strip it :(

Fortunately, it looks like I may have sold it locally...
« Last Edit: 08 April 2010, 00:41:18 by Kamykasie »

Cameron

• Morayshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 April 2010, 17:39:35 »

Car is SOLD to a local buyer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.