Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cleaning products. wash, wax, polish etc  (Read 5812 times)

aaronjb

Re: Cleaning products. wash, wax, polish etc
« Reply #60 on: 05 September 2012, 15:16:47 »

Yup, you can use them over everything.. just make sure to regularly 'fold' the dirty side over to prevent scratches and if you drop it.. throw it away.

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #61 on: 05 September 2012, 16:39:41 »

Yup, you can use them over everything.. just make sure to regularly 'fold' the dirty side over to prevent scratches and if you drop it.. throw it away.
Ideal  :y

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #62 on: 07 September 2012, 14:38:51 »

*Update* on Autoglym Glass Polish.. Haven't had time to wash, clay, polish, wax, Just yet mainly due to the farmers making hay in the field next to the house spewing loads of dust and hay bits everywhere :P ::) ..

Anyway's I tried the glass polish on one window and normal car glass cleaning spray on another the difference  :o  one was like a mirror and the other full of smears even after using dry cloths ::) ... Mirror finish Autoglym Glass Polish  8) , Clean but full of smear marks Armorall Spray Glass Cleaner.. And the amazing bit also the Autoglym is cheaper  ;D :y 

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #63 on: 07 September 2012, 21:49:20 »

Seen these Wipers on eBay and  :o  the price blew me away... But looking on YouTube they do work well. Still  :o :o
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Opel-Omega-B-PIAA-Si-Tech-Front-Aero-Wiper-Blade-Set-Silicone-/230844413513?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35bf663649

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 07 September 2012, 21:54:02 »

I think the Costco cheapies are silicon impregnated...  ...I think they are Goodyear.
Grumpy old man

maracus

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambs
  • Hahaha cool- 1000+bhp combined on the drive!!!!!!!
    • 3.0mv6 auto, cav4x4 turbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 08 September 2012, 16:20:05 »

The PIAA ones are silly expensive, the first ones I brought were £40 for the pair for my mkIII Astra, they were on the car for some fair mileage over three years and I never felt the need to change them.. They were even still good when I swapped them onto my next Astra!

I did find some "cheap" ones for my mig on the 'bay, ummm think about £18 for the pair, and couldn't really fault them, except the fact that they were gay blue  ???

Very much worth having  :y
The weather is here... Wish you were beautiful!

maracus

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambs
  • Hahaha cool- 1000+bhp combined on the drive!!!!!!!
    • 3.0mv6 auto, cav4x4 turbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 08 September 2012, 17:56:41 »

These ones if you don't mind the cheesy colour... Function over form or what ever the phrase is...

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=160839928238
The weather is here... Wish you were beautiful!

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #67 on: 11 September 2012, 18:46:12 »

Well ive managed to get all the stuff done (no thanks to the rain showers) took 4 days in all  ::)

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #68 on: 16 November 2012, 00:53:29 »

Looking back at those pictures now and how the car looks now you'd have thought it's someone else's Omega  :o ... Its completely filthy at the moment mainly from wet damp miserable narrow nerve raking stressful dark gloomy filthy farm like country roads  :-\  ;D ... Unfortunately being too cold to clean and not fancying going to a automated car wash god knows how long before it looks like that again ::)
« Last Edit: 16 November 2012, 00:55:08 by OmegaMan2.2 »

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 16 November 2012, 09:07:48 »

I like the Autiglym super resin polish and their bumper care. i also have some of their super gloss polish for dark colours which is good. Whenever I can get outside and clean the car next, its to damp here to enable me to do it at mo, I have bought some super gaurd. Got this to try to preserve the new paint finish for longer. They say it only needs re super guarding every three years. Will report back once I can get to use it.
Keith B
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.