Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What was your last non vauxhall car ?  (Read 4931 times)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: What was your last non vauxhall car ?
« Reply #45 on: 13 November 2012, 14:43:07 »

a 1997 Mazda 626 2.0 Estate.

Good car to be honest, boring, but reliable and functional.
(and always sounded a bit like a sewing machine)

I had an automatic version of that, GLX from memory,comfy car but went rusty :'(
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

bertie1.8vectra

• wolverhampton
  • life is but a dream....
    • Jeep cherokee 3.7
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 14 November 2012, 17:32:14 »

300tdi Disco..... :y
Now to buy shares in BP!!!!!!!!!

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 15 November 2012, 11:26:42 »

Dont know how to do pics on here and not up on computing terminaligy. It was cover car on the ABS mag edition 46. unfortunatly it is in a sad state at the moment EMD. getting panels made for it and still got to get a gearbox for it.
Keith. B

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 15 November 2012, 11:39:10 »

Dont know how to do pics on here and not up on computing terminaligy. It was cover car on the ABS mag edition 46. unfortunatly it is in a sad state at the moment EMD. getting panels made for it and still got to get a gearbox for it.
Keith. B

This one  ;)  ;)  ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #49 on: 15 November 2012, 21:08:44 »

An '07 Seat Altea XL 1.9tdi :-\ a bargain good looking cheap Golf estate, let down, like all VAG products by really shockingly pish poor dealers and bargain basement parts bin construction >:( Bought pre regd for £12.5k, sold two years later for effectively £2.5k

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 15 November 2012, 21:35:09 »

Volvo 960 estate. Great car apart from reliability.

Engine block had a casting fault, which was replaced by Volvo at 27,000. I just had to make a small contribution. On new engine head gasket went at 80,000 miles (just over 50,000 on new engine) and the alloy around the cams disintegrated due to being a poor casting (common problem), which meant a new cylinder head! Every electronic sensor that could go wrong pretty much did.

Shame the engine was not more reliable as in many respects it was better than miggy 3.0 V6.

Great load carrier, bigger than the Omega Estate. Big downside was rigid rear axle, so not as comfortable as miggy, especially for rear passengers and it handled like a camel. Miggy has a much better suspension and higher corner speed before it is on the limit. Miggy is far better equipped and seats have about 90% comfort of the Volvo, which are still by the far the best I've had in any car.

The Volvo was great in cold weather as the engine would be up to temperature in about 1 mile and unlike the miggy, the windows demisted very quickly and stayed clear in cold damp weather with 4 people in the car.

It is a shame and IMHO a big mistake, that the S80 never had an estate version as unlike most cars the 740/760 and 940/960 sold more estates than saloons. V70 never interested me as FWD and much small boot and loading area.

I much prefer the poise and balance of a RWD drive car.

When it comes to replacing the miggy, options are very limited, either another miggy or a Merc E-Series Estate.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

phill osey

• holyhead gwynedd wales
    • 2.2 V6 Omega CD Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 15 November 2012, 21:38:36 »

A Citroen Athena for me ( going back a good few years)

a volvo 760 estate for Phil

Lee
love my Omega

05omegav6

« Reply #52 on: 15 November 2012, 21:43:15 »

S80 estate is the V70, and at least the V70 could/can be had with 4wd, rather than the fwd only of the s80 :y

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 15 November 2012, 23:38:28 »

Volvo 960 estate. Great car apart from reliability.

Engine block had a casting fault, which was replaced by Volvo at 27,000. I just had to make a small contribution. On new engine head gasket went at 80,000 miles (just over 50,000 on new engine) and the alloy around the cams disintegrated due to being a poor casting (common problem), which meant a new cylinder head! Every electronic sensor that could go wrong pretty much did.

Shame the engine was not more reliable as in many respects it was better than miggy 3.0 V6.

Great load carrier, bigger than the Omega Estate. Big downside was rigid rear axle, so not as comfortable as miggy, especially for rear passengers and it handled like a camel. Miggy has a much better suspension and higher corner speed before it is on the limit. Miggy is far better equipped and seats have about 90% comfort of the Volvo, which are still by the far the best I've had in any car.

The Volvo was great in cold weather as the engine would be up to temperature in about 1 mile and unlike the miggy, the windows demisted very quickly and stayed clear in cold damp weather with 4 people in the car.

It is a shame and IMHO a big mistake, that the S80 never had an estate version as unlike most cars the 740/760 and 940/960 sold more estates than saloons. V70 never interested me as FWD and much small boot and loading area.

I much prefer the poise and balance of a RWD drive car.

When it comes to replacing the miggy, options are very limited, either another miggy or a Merc E-Series Estate.

Odd innit,my uncle has a P reg 960 2.5 24v that has just turned 100k and has had nothing done other than servicing,brakes and tyres,still feels tight on the road and looks set for another 100k :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 16 November 2012, 08:58:59 »

Thats the one Andy B, thanks. Had sills and rear valence made so far, got a pair of new wings. will be getting lower rear quarter panel sections done next, got them done for the monza. Senny ones are 75mm longer with the front and rear at the same dimensions as the monza ones. Then,its just the time to get on with it!!
Keith B
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.