Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ronnie project 9 - Bargain of the year????  (Read 5175 times)

RonaldMcBurger

Re: Ronnie project 9 - Bargain of the year????
« Reply #15 on: 07 August 2006, 13:38:32 »

Wouldn't be a German/Polish guy on Ebay would it? - but then he does have some good feedback. ;)

That German/polish twot on Ebay I would avoid like the plague. Read his feedback again and you will see what I said about the crap he sent me.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 August 2006, 13:42:26 »

I bought this one because it is a great car to keep. Wishbones are definitely sh sh sh worn out. They should be here tomorrow, the drop links I have. Cambelt, water pump etc sorting tonight with rocker gaskets. Car will be done by the weekend.

Blimey you dont hang about  ;D
« Last Edit: 07 August 2006, 13:43:13 by nixoro »

The Barge Captain

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
  • Back in the land of the economicaly active
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 August 2006, 13:48:16 »

Why can't I find a nice, cheap 2.5 manual estate anywhere? (thats not a gls spec)
Thou art no more an angel filled with light, but a leech to be abhorred and thou shalt suffer my burning will...

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #18 on: 07 August 2006, 13:57:31 »

Because they were mostly Auto. Manuals are generally Tourers, which means GLS type spec.

I have seen a few decent Manuals. Mainly MV6 though, but at least one CDX Estate Manual.

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 August 2006, 14:07:41 »

Because they were mostly Auto. Manuals are generally Tourers, which means GLS type spec.

I have seen a few decent Manuals. Mainly MV6 though, but at least one CDX Estate Manual.

Mine's only CD spec but it is a manual - much preferable to an auto in terms of driving enjoyment 8-)
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #20 on: 08 August 2006, 10:42:40 »

UPDATE:

Drop links picked up yesterday (£15 pair).
Wishbones just arrived (£55 inc delivery).
Dragons all removed from tailgate!
Dent unfixable because previous owner tried to fix it the worng way and has creased the metal. So, tailgate as and when I find a late (ish) silver Estate.

Plan is: Wishbones and droplinks 1st, then Cambelt, water pump and rocker gaskets and breathers next. Then exhaust blow, general service, 1 tyre and then tracking. Lastly that tailgate and project finished.

Now, I do recommend VAUXCENTRE which is an Ebay seller. This is where I have bought all my wishbones so far. They are fast, efficinet and cheap. Whether they are the best wishbones in the world I do not know, but they have fixed 2 out of 2 so far, so that cannot be bad.

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 August 2006, 18:42:58 »

vauxcentre - as in the seller of EGR valves? - I bought on for my 2.5V6 from them, arrived next day and top quality OEM part - if anything it looked to be a better design than the one I took off!

They even threw in a gasket for nowt when I asked if it came with one ... so they're recommended by me too  :)
« Last Edit: 08 August 2006, 18:44:07 by sounds2k »

RonaldMcBurger

Re: Ronnie project 9 - UPDATE
« Reply #22 on: 10 August 2006, 21:11:24 »

Having driven thsi one a couple of times now, it is obvious that something is very wrong with the steering and I suspect the idler is knackered. So a new one on its way. I am sure this is the fault because it has the same feel as Project 3 did (1999 Reflection) which was instantly cured with a new idler.

Tailgate is proving elusive, so if anyone sees a good, late silver tailgate , preferably with spoiler on too, let me know please. I will collect it from anywhere within 150 miles.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.