Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Peeps opinion on this meega pls  (Read 10144 times)

Taxi_Driver

Peeps opinion on this meega pls
« on: 06 August 2006, 18:04:54 »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9858&item=220014451924

Anyone any experience of the seller??

I nearly bought it this morning.....its now been relisted....i was put off coz no one else bidded..even tho there was quite a bit of interest in the questions bit....tho it was on for starting bid £5k no reserve.

It has been a cat d insurance write off....tho apparently only needed new front bumper/bonnet/wing/headlamp.....which seems a bit strange to me.....for the insurance to write it off....with so little needed.

I am guessing the reserve is around the £5k mark.

I was really looking for a dual fuel Veccy 03 or 53 plate for about £4k ish, 80k ish miles or lower.....but they are blinking hard to find for that money......i know thats auction price really but they are hard to find at auction as well!  ( i have looked....run up over 30 squid on fax back services last month!)

I think the seller has pics before the repair so think i will email him and ask for them....then post em here so you can see the pre repair accident damage

Cheers

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
Re: Peeps opinion on this meega pls
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2006, 18:08:24 »

Hmmmmm

Although it looks nice, something in my trading head says no.

Dont know what yet but i dont like this one myself and would want to see the pics of before and after, as well as reciepts for repair.

Maybe its because its a private auction and becuase its preapproved bidders only.And that bidders are not named - its a classic way to shill bid ( to bid up your own items)

sorry i have no constructive feedback and, so far, working on instinct .......( off to look again)
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #2 on: 06 August 2006, 18:19:02 »

Other thing that i wondered about.....it doesnt say what model it is.....and its been debadged....its got CD wheels on it.....but HID headlamps....CDX??? with cow added???

Interested really coz its been converted to LPG and as in the add that does cost about £1800

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #3 on: 06 August 2006, 18:24:54 »

Hmmmmm

Although it looks nice, something in my trading head says no.

Dont know what yet but i dont like this one myself and would want to see the pics of before and after, as well as reciepts for repair.

Maybe its because its a private auction and becuase its preapproved bidders only.And that bidders are not named - its a classic way to shill bid ( to bid up your own items)

sorry i have no constructive feedback and, so far, working on instinct .......( off to look again)

Your feedback is constructive  :) thanks

Ive just emailed asking for the pics

Is it preapproved bidders?? I see bidders are not named....but to 'shill' bid you can have other accounts to do the same thing....i know  ;D

Cheers

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 August 2006, 18:37:50 »

It has:

Wheels - from CD

Radio - from CDX

HID Xenon - CDX/Elite

Leather, Heated rear seats - Standard on Elite

So a bit confusing... Probably be September 2002 they had all those extra options thrown in.

TD, if you are after fuel economy, does it not make more sense to stick to 2.2 auto (and maybe have it converted it yourself if you can't find one already converted) instead of the V6?

Alas, no more Omegas....

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 August 2006, 18:38:57 »

Dave, I agree, something in my water tells me 'Don't touch it with a barge pole'.

Can't give a reason why, except, can't remember the name of the company, but isn't it something to do with the one everyone slated on the other site.

LB or someone like that should recognise it.
I like red cars

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 August 2006, 18:57:31 »

Dave, I agree, something in my water tells me 'Don't touch it with a barge pole'.

Can't give a reason why, except, can't remember the name of the company, but isn't it something to do with the one everyone slated on the other site.

LB or someone like that should recognise it.

You thinking Sterling Motors that later became 'Car Auctions' or something like that?

Alas, no more Omegas....

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 August 2006, 19:02:10 »

Yes, that's the name MJ, smells of them, don't you think? Could be wrong, very wrong, in which case I appologise to the seller.
I like red cars

summat

• Preston, Lancashire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 August 2006, 19:31:52 »

Other thing that i wondered about.....it doesnt say what model it is.....and its been debadged....its got CD wheels on it.....but HID headlamps....CDX??? with cow added???

Interested really coz its been converted to LPG and as in the add that does cost about £1800

A bit confusing, the "zenon" (Xenon?!) could just refer replacement standard bulbs, not necessarily HIDs (hmmm, but headlight wash...). The de-badge-ing confused me - but quite a good spec from what's written. You'd have expected him to get a new MOT done though, 6 weeks would warn me off the car without a good inspection (especially if he's had the old MOT reissued for the new plates).

"Heated Front ... screen" - new one on me. Or does he just mean the blower :)  

Hmmmm, personally, worth a look if local, but I certainly wouldn't buy blind. Unless the price is right :)   (within a few hundred of the starting price)

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #9 on: 06 August 2006, 19:43:45 »

It has:

Wheels - from CD

Radio - from CDX

HID Xenon - CDX/Elite

Leather, Heated rear seats - Standard on Elite

So a bit confusing... Probably be September 2002 they had all those extra options thrown in.

TD, if you are after fuel economy, does it not make more sense to stick to 2.2 auto (and maybe have it converted it yourself if you can't find one already converted) instead of the V6?

Not by Sept 2002 they didnt....mines a mid 2003 CD and it only had the standard CD spec.

Well TBH....i dont think the V6 2.6 will do any less to the gallon on lpg than my 2.2 does....the best its ever done....was 25mpg on a 360 mile run and i dont drive it hard.....well not counting last Friday  ;D

I was looking at renting it out....an addition to my small fleet

Cost wise....it sorta makes sense....and maybe too much of good deal to be true....
If say £5k.....minus £1.8k....and thats a bit light really for a V6 conversion...so say £2k....
Thats £3k for the car......if you see where im coming from  :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 August 2006, 19:46:12 »

You planning to use it as your main work car TD and ditch the estate??

If so are you sure your going to have enough room in the boot? - I went and looked at a pre-facelift MV6 which was LPG'd and although the boot space as still quite good, no way near what you have at the moment.

If you do a lot of airport runs, then your not going to get many suit cases in there.....

I'd stick with your 2.2... I know its a little rough and does not have the same go go go that the V6's do... but i think you will have problems with space & customers bags...

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #11 on: 06 August 2006, 19:49:17 »

I'd stick with your 2.2... I know its a little rough

I beg your pardon Tunnie.......theres nothing rough even a little about my 2.2 estate  :o

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 August 2006, 19:54:53 »

sorry i meant 2.2's in general are a little 'rough' and not quite as smooth the V6's...

did't mean your car specifically!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #13 on: 06 August 2006, 20:05:03 »

sorry i meant 2.2's in general are a little 'rough' and not quite as smooth the V6's...

did't mean your car specifically!

;D Didnt think you did m8.....just pulling ya leg  ;D

Most of the lpg converted Omegas used as Taxis in Swindon are saloons....mines the only estate....and thats only coz I got a black lab...who rides about in the back....when im not working.  

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 August 2006, 20:12:06 »

ahh i see you have the sense of humour that most Taxi Drivers have...... crap!  ;D Hehe

I fogot you were in Swindon, thats were i picked up my Project A from... housing estate off the main dual carride way near Asda.

Back on topic... the boot still is massive even with the LPG tank... just depends how many bags you carry really?

If your looking for an LPG saloon they are not going to be common (as you must know)

How about:

Go to a police auction & buy a ex plod Omega (most are auto's)

You should get it at a good price... then get that LPG'd?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.