Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Peeps opinion on this meega pls  (Read 10151 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Peeps opinion on this meega pls
« Reply #30 on: 06 August 2006, 22:07:07 »

There was a nice MV6 for sale locally around my nans which was LPG'd

Problem was it was a pre-facelift and they wanted 3k for it.

Trouble you might find TaxiD is that dealers will include the cost of the conversion in the sale.

The MV6 i saw was: W Reg, Auto, 3.0, last of the pre-facelifts, excerllent condition, 110k miles but @ 3k

You can get similar millage MV6's of the same age without LPG for less than 1k...

But i guess at your millage you would soon recope the extra costs.....

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #31 on: 06 August 2006, 22:08:15 »

Wise choice Taxi .... personaly - wouldnt touch it.

keep looking i am sure you will find your new chariot  ;)

Cheers Mark....altho im not looking for a car for myself.....looking for another to rent out.....even tho mine does so my head in sometimes.....booked in now at vx dealer for the 4th time for EML being on  :(

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 06 August 2006, 22:15:34 »

how much can you rent a car like that out for? - Is it like a lease scheme were you maintain it, he just puts fuel in it?

I also take it you have to keep to the usual Taxi rules of no older than 5 years? - Which is a shame rules out pre-facelifts

Keep looking a LPG V6 facelift will crop up sooner or later..

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 06 August 2006, 22:16:49 »

just found this, not sure if its of interest being a 4 pot.....

2000 VAUXHALL Omega 2.2 Automatic,
W reg. 112k, gas converted Estate, Taxed & tested, GLS model, drives ever so well, 2 f/keepers, a/con, e/w, r/c/l, PAS, CD, ABS, average condition. £2,295.
Nat Motors
Telephone: (0121) 689 6354 or (07816) 819147

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #34 on: 06 August 2006, 22:18:34 »

There was a nice MV6 for sale locally around my nans which was LPG'd

Problem was it was a pre-facelift and they wanted 3k for it.

Trouble you might find TaxiD is that dealers will include the cost of the conversion in the sale.

The MV6 i saw was: W Reg, Auto, 3.0, last of the pre-facelifts, excerllent condition, 110k miles but @ 3k

You can get similar millage MV6's of the same age without LPG for less than 1k...

But i guess at your millage you would soon recope the extra costs.....

That would have been too old for me Tunnie....the one on Fleabay i could have got 2 years max outa it....hence the reason of spending dosh on faxback services for auction houses....the auctions i pick on have ex lease cars mostly so 3/4 years old max....and its only Vectras that are proper dual fuel jobbies that kinda age....Yes i do agree with you...LPG cars usually demand a premium....but not £2k extra....and some peeps dont like LPG cars.....'its scarey stuff'  ;D so catch an auction right....and you wont pay anymore for an lpg car than a diesel/petrol  ;)

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #35 on: 06 August 2006, 22:22:36 »

just found this, not sure if its of interest being a 4 pot.....

2000 VAUXHALL Omega 2.2 Automatic,
W reg. 112k, gas converted Estate, Taxed & tested, GLS model, drives ever so well, 2 f/keepers, a/con, e/w, r/c/l, PAS, CD, ABS, average condition. £2,295.
Nat Motors
Telephone: (0121) 689 6354 or (07816) 819147

Too old m8.....but thanks  :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06 August 2006, 22:24:54 »

i went to a car auction for the first time last week, i went to the BCA place at Black Bush.. interesting sales going on.

Shed loads of Renults between '04 & '05

I guess its just going to be luck catching a '03 plate megger going though

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #37 on: 06 August 2006, 22:26:32 »

how much can you rent a car like that out for? - Is it like a lease scheme were you maintain it, he just puts fuel in it?

I also take it you have to keep to the usual Taxi rules of no older than 5 years? - Which is a shame rules out pre-facelifts

I can get 6 years outa em.....yes the rule is 5 years max....in this area anyway...some councils have rules of 10years! But if i replate em just b4 their 5th birthday I get an extra year. So if i carnt get at least 2 years outa them....im not interested.

Yeah i buy them, insure them, tax em, maintain them.....driver just pays me rent and puts the fuel in them

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06 August 2006, 22:36:40 »

I can get 6 years outa em.....yes the rule is 5 years max....in this area anyway...some councils have rules of 10years! But if i replate em just b4 their 5th birthday I get an extra year. So if i carnt get at least 2 years outa them....im not interested.

Yeah i buy them, insure them, tax em, maintain them.....driver just pays me rent and puts the fuel in them

If thats the case then i'd maybe go a BMW route.... now before Jamie hits me over the head with a bit of wood...

BMW would be more expensive but, it would keep its re-sale value so much better. Which is much better for you if you intend to buy, rent & then sell.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07 August 2006, 08:35:15 »

If thats the case then i'd maybe go a BMW route.... now before Jamie hits me over the head with a bit of wood...

BMW would be more expensive but, it would keep its re-sale value so much better. Which is much better for you if you intend to buy, rent & then sell.

Bear in mind that taxis will rack up miles, which will have effect on resale, even on BMW junk.

BMW junk? Yes - they have high warranty returns, and compounded by the fact that their dealers make Vx dealers seem almost competent...
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07 August 2006, 10:46:56 »

Bear in mind that taxis will rack up miles, which will have effect on resale, even on BMW junk.

BMW junk? Yes - they have high warranty returns, and compounded by the fact that their dealers make Vx dealers seem almost competent...

I know they have just as many problems as Merc's these days, but if TD's plan is to sell after renting then he wants a car thats going to keep its resale value the best.

The Omega will be a brilliant car for it, but worth next to nothing when he's finished leasing it.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #41 on: 07 August 2006, 12:35:05 »

Merc/BMW/Vx how much would any of them be worth?....6years old 200k+ miles

A Merc/BM diesel might have a slight edge over a VX but a lpg'd VX would counter balance that.

At the end of the day Tunnie, none of them is going to worth very much, esp when declared as being used as a taxi.

Also you have to weigh up servicing costs.....insurance/etc

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 07 August 2006, 14:49:00 »

think your right there... well good luck in finding a nice new LPG facelift....one will pop up sooner or later!  :)

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #43 on: 07 August 2006, 17:28:21 »

think your right there... well good luck in finding a nice new LPG facelift....one will pop up sooner or later!  :)

Cheers m8  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] or a dual fuel Vectra  ;D

stuart30

« Reply #44 on: 07 August 2006, 19:32:54 »

Yes, that's the name MJ, smells of them, don't you think? Could be wrong, very wrong, in which case I appologise to the seller.

Its not sterling motors mate...they were when i bought my Elite (which by the way has given me no hassle since buying) based in reading,this chap is Peterbough just down the road from me so call the dogs off.. ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.