Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with couple of leaks  (Read 605 times)

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
Need help with couple of leaks
« on: 16 February 2014, 11:39:42 »

After returning from a short drive last night and parking in the same spot, I noticed drip tracks on the road in the direction I left starting from where I was parked.

I had experienced this with my previous Omega and it was the HBV. With this car the coolant has been weeping from somewhere for around 9 months.  ::)  Coolant level looks unchanged.

There is a bit of a pool of water/oil on top of the oil sump. Behind the AC 'wheel' (wheel which runs on the aux belt) it looks very likely it could have come from there because it looks like a greasy mess.

These two things could well be two different problems. Hope not for the sake of my wallet. Will have a poke around in a while. Any advice before I get out there?
« Last Edit: 16 February 2014, 11:41:40 by SMD »

05omegav6

Re: Need help with couple of leaks
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2014, 12:43:31 »

Aircon drips condensed water from the evaporator above the heater matrix, this drains down either side of the gearbox. Dip a finger and taste it, you'll soon find out if it's coolant or not :y

Front end, probably a slight weap from the crank oil seal 'they all do that sir', water there is almost certainly from puddles etc :y

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 February 2014, 17:57:31 »

Thanks for your reply Al. Got lazy and went to the park with the kids so didn't get a chance to investigate. 

What could cause the mess behind the AC/ under the right hand side of the cambelt area? Is there anything there that can leak? As the heater matrix is further back.

Edit, is the crank seal in that area?

chrisgixer

« Reply #3 on: 17 February 2014, 09:17:57 »

Most oil leaks end up on the sump. Add in some water and mayo appears too. Coolant pipe to Stat resides above the ac pump.

Also check the scuttle isn't leaking. Bonnet up, watering can or hose on the windscreen, see where the water goes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.