Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: servicingstop?  (Read 1622 times)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
servicingstop?
« on: 05 September 2018, 19:14:31 »

Anyone had experience of this company? My MOT is due and so is a full service, so I got a price quotation from them - free collection and delivery, too - https://www.servicingstop.co.uk/booking_service.html

Are they con-artists, about to lift my leg, or is this a good deal? If not, Serek here I come!

Ron.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: servicingstop?
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2018, 19:35:17 »

I asked about this company a while ago and I think it was Rog who might have used them.  :-\

They are very cheap and I expect once they have your car they will phone you with a list of defects that they can sort for you.  ::) 

However I was prepared to give them a go as I want to keep the service record on the Mondeo up to date, but the nearest garage to me that they had was in Poole, 60 miles away.  :( 

You live in civilisation though Ron.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 September 2018, 19:39:59 »

That was what was at the back of my mind - if it sounds too good to be true......
Poole is civilised, surely? The last time I was there, a year or so ago, the all-you-can-eat chinese restaurant filled me up very well! :-[

Ron.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 September 2018, 19:52:14 »

Poole is very civilised.  8)  The Sandbanks area especially so.  ::)  :)

Like most of these companies though if you live outside of SE England or one of the major cities, forget it!  ::)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 September 2018, 22:31:05 »

I moved about 4 yrs ago (Good memory Sir Tigger!) and didn't know any garages where I was moving to.

They were ok, but in essence they just find a local garage for you, agree a price etc. The local garage picks the car up and returns it. You pay servicestop not the local garage. Work will be done on the cheap, but not unacceptably so.

I needed an MOT and service ( Ahem    ::)  ), quickly and conveniently etc and they filled that gap adequately but not remarkably. Not used them since as I found local garages, and besides you can simply use the same one that they did the first time!

Of course, things might have changed since 2014, but probably not

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 September 2018, 11:32:40 »

How far away are you from Serek  ?

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 September 2018, 12:53:14 »

About 70 miles, TG, and I intend to ask him to do a full service and any repair work needed after the MOT, which I have booked locally on recommendation. The bloke endeared himself to me with his opening remark - "I like older cars"!
I have definitely moved away from those ServiceStop people after comments - and no real recommendation - on here: loss-leading price, to be followed by "advisory/essential" work?

Ron.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 September 2018, 13:40:48 »

About 70 miles, TG, and I intend to ask him to do a full service and any repair work needed after the MOT, which I have booked locally on recommendation. The bloke endeared himself to me with his opening remark - "I like older cars"!
I have definitely moved away from those ServiceStop people after comments - and no real recommendation - on here: loss-leading price, to be followed by "advisory/essential" work?

Ron.

My comment about the possibility of them finding extra work was an assumption Ron, as their prices are so cheap.  I considered using them as I was more interested in the stamp in the book at the time, but they didn't have any garages nearby.  ;)

If they had had a garage within reasonable distance I'd have given them a try.  :)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 September 2018, 15:21:31 »

Fair comment, Sir Tigger and so might I have done if I hadn't been happy with the garage I went to this morning, but it had a good feel to it, with Old School mechanics!  :y

Ron.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.