Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JUST A SMALL PROBLEM  (Read 589 times)

2boxerdogs

JUST A SMALL PROBLEM
« on: 03 December 2010, 00:44:19 »

;D Hi all, had my Omega 24 hours now i just wish it would stop snowing, day off today so used the wifes Subaru Forester  for most of the morning chores, had a good look over the 2.6 & i am really pleased with it hard to believe how much car you get for your money, the small problem i found is that the front passenger door does not lock or open with the rest of the doors  i do not really want to start removing any trim because the interior is mint, and in my experience things never go back as well .I had a Rover a few years ago with a similar problem & cured it with good old WD40 sprayed   into the pop up button area is this worth trying on the Omega any tips welcome .

Agemo

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes
  • Insignia
    • View Profile
Re: JUST A SMALL PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: 03 December 2010, 01:06:34 »

Sounds like you have a good one. I am sure the experts will advise on the door problem, probably a new solenoid or just a clean/lubricate. You will find that all the doorcards are fixed with self tappers, so they will go back perfectly.
Nothing to stop you driving the Omega this weather, but keep weight in the back and remember it's rear wheel drive!
 :y

mrgreen

• Salzburg/austria
    • 2000 2.2 petrol estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 December 2010, 08:04:17 »

;D Hi all, had my Omega 24 hours now i just wish it would stop snowing, day off today so used the wifes Subaru Forester  for most of the morning chores, had a good look over the 2.6 & i am really pleased with it hard to believe how much car you get for your money, the small problem i found is that the front passenger door does not lock or open with the rest of the doors  i do not really want to start removing any trim because the interior is mint, and in my experience things never go back as well .I had a Rover a few years ago with a similar problem & cured it with good old WD40 sprayed   into the pop up button area is this worth trying on the Omega any tips welcome .
i doubt you will fix it without taking the door card off but look in the maintenance guides pretty sure there's a how to there could be as simple as a lube or a bar fallen off or may need to change the solenoid, i haven't put my mig on the road yet due to snow, i will stick with the 4wd mazda!
Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 December 2010, 08:50:04 »

Not a good idea to use WD40 on door locks, use silicon spray.

It's not difficult to remove the door card, it's explained fully in the Maintenance Guides, also how to repair/change the door solenoid.

Have a read.
I like red cars
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.