Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 18606 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit
« Reply #135 on: 21 March 2019, 18:43:21 »

The petition of over a million signatures might be worth taking notice of once it reaches 17.4 million, and they can prove that there was no infiltration by bots.
Ive no doubt Parliament would revoke article 50 if they thought they could get away with it. It just depends if they believe they can be crafty enough to do it without causing utter chaos.
If it doesn't transpire it wont be the fault of the Brexiteers. She told them they were in charge of the project and they thought they were until she landed them with Olly Robbins deal at Chequers. They were then shocked to discover all their work had just been a front, and the real negotiations had been taking place behind their backs. They had no choice but to resign.
It will be the fault of the Tory MP,s who voted her into office, and then bottled the chance to vote her back out a month or so ago.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 21 March 2019, 18:52:31 »

There's a report on Lokk North now about a bunch of people who are off to London to demand Brexit. The remoaners will not get it all their own way.
I hope there's no fisticuffs.

Peaceful protest is part and parcel of our democracy and they should be left alone to get on with it.

Counter protests should be banned as they often stir up trouble.  Look what happened in Charlottesville.  :-X

I would have agreed with that until recently .
Remember , these are the people that are trying to usurp the ethos of democracy ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 21 March 2019, 18:54:03 »

The petition of over a million signatures might be worth taking notice of once it reaches 17.4 million, and they can prove that there was no infiltration by bots.
Ive no doubt Parliament would revoke article 50 if they thought they could get away with it. It just depends if they believe they can be crafty enough to do it without causing utter chaos.
If it doesn't transpire it wont be the fault of the Brexiteers. She told them they were in charge of the project and they thought they were until she landed them with Olly Robbins deal at Chequers. They were then shocked to discover all their work had just been a front, and the real negotiations had been taking place behind their backs. They had no choice but to resign.
It will be the fault of the Tory MP,s who voted her into office, and then bottled the chance to vote her back out a month or so ago.

If they had been the politicians they pretend to be they would not have given up, but fought on, maneuvering around all others to reach their objectives.  Churchill, or even Lloyd George would not have given up but hammered home their views.  As they are both as weak as piss that was never going to happen, and certainly the pretence of Boris has been blown. ;)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 21 March 2019, 19:07:17 »

Let's stop all this inwards navel gazing ... there is a deal, sitting there, waiting to be signed, except that the EU have allowed Varadaker to hijack one portion of it, and have now given him an effective veto.

If the so called "back stop" was removed the deal would fly through ... but Varadaker will not budge, so the EU are allowing the "no deal" simply to appease the Irish.

The EU have been asking what we want since October .. they have been told .. remove the backstop .. but Varadaker simply says "No"

Why, oh Why, do the press not actually report the truth ??

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 21 March 2019, 19:08:39 »

So the EU have said we can extend to 22nd May as long as the deal as it stands is voted through.This would be the vote that Bercow has said they can't have,if they do have this third vote - as they're determined to do-where does that leave the authority of the Speaker[whether Bercow or anyone else]?Stop delaying and dithering and just get Brexit done and dusted then we can all move on instead of this constant merry-go-round of uncertainty.No deal might not be the best outcome but at least everyone will know where they stand.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 21 March 2019, 19:17:27 »

Let's stop all this inwards navel gazing ... there is a deal, sitting there, waiting to be signed, except that the EU have allowed Varadaker to hijack one portion of it, and have now given him an effective veto.

If the so called "back stop" was removed the deal would fly through ... but Varadaker will not budge, so the EU are allowing the "no deal" simply to appease the Irish.

The EU have been asking what we want since October .. they have been told .. remove the backstop .. but Varadaker simply says "No"

Even without the back stop it's a terrible deal.  ::)

So bad, that we are better off in the EU IMO as it leaves us more or less as an EU Protectorate.  >:(

I hope to hell that the ERG and DUP stand firm and reject this abortion and at least if they end up revoking A50, we live to fight another day.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 21 March 2019, 19:25:00 »

Why am I not surprised, that I hear today, that MP's, all of whom, according to the estimable John Bercow, are "doing their best" are now going to vote against May's deal in a fit of pique because she slagged them off yesterday. >:( >:( >:(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 21 March 2019, 19:32:33 »

Why am I not surprised, that I hear today, that MP's, all of whom, according to the estimable John Bercow, are "doing their best" are now going to vote against May's deal in a fit of pique because she slagged them off yesterday. >:( >:( >:(

Whatever it takes....  ::)

Lets be very clear, the Withdrawal Agreement does not involve us leaving the European Union and it shouldn't be called May's Deal.  It should be called Barnier's Directive.  :-X
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #143 on: 21 March 2019, 19:40:46 »

There's a report on Lokk North now about a bunch of people who are off to London to demand Brexit. The remoaners will not get it all their own way.
I hope there's no fisticuffs.

Peaceful protest is part and parcel of our democracy and they should be left alone to get on with it.

Counter protests should be banned as they often stir up trouble.  Look what happened in Charlottesville.  :-X
There's nothing peaceful about this episode. MP's on both sides of the discussion have been receiving death threats. Not the usual cranky ones, serious enough for the police to advise them on moving about securely.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 21 March 2019, 19:45:05 »

Whatever it takes....  ::)

Lets be very clear, the Withdrawal Agreement does not involve us leaving the European Union and it shouldn't be called May's Deal.  It should be called Barnier's Varadaker's Directive.  :-X

FTFY  :(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 21 March 2019, 19:54:10 »

I have preached for as long as I remember that R.O.I. is a hostile state to the U.K. and I think recent events have proved me right.
When this is all over, we should remember who are friends were and weren't.

I watched a bloke being interviewed on SKY news today who seemed quite passionate about the fact that Parliament should remember that it still has the option to revoke article 50, rather than the deal/ no deal scenario.
I was stunned to see the caption at the bottom of the screen showed him as one of the UK negotiators to the EU !!
I thought then that we never really stood a chance with people like that negotiating for us.  >:(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 21 March 2019, 19:56:59 »

I think truth is a scarce commodity in media circles nowadays , and Trump was lampooned for saying it.
I watched the news ribbon on Sky earlier where they announced that the military had staffed a nuclear bunker below Whitehall in preparation for a no deal brexit. In other words they put some people into use the comms system available and it just so happened that it was a bunker initially designed for use in a nuclear event . A crude play on words for project fear .They are repugnant .

Varadker has used the whole debacle to his and Irelands supreme advantage ,from threatening the return of violance to suggesting that residents with UK driving licenses will be arrested if caught driving on the roads , to even threatening to withdraw the use of airspace to UK flights . His stance is to boost irish nationalism and the feeling of worth and this is his moment.
ireland despises Britain and to a much deeper level than you in UK realise .
 I have said before they if they were given six counties they would be absolutely fu**ed . The north is simply ungovernable and the simple southern politicians would be swamped by unscrupulous , deeply devious and bitterly opposed groups that would never accept the change from UK sponsored life to the disjointed and more costly irish one. It would be a long, difficult and indefinate excercise.

STEMO

« Reply #147 on: 21 March 2019, 20:05:05 »

But........apart from all this, things seem to be going pretty smoothly.

STEMO

« Reply #148 on: 21 March 2019, 20:07:43 »

BTW, one of the authors of article 50 has said it cannot be revoked without another referendum or a general election. So the signatories to this petition have wasted their ink. You can't just change what the people voted for without the people asking you to change it......apparently.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 21 March 2019, 20:15:12 »

You know , I can see a no deal becoming a reality here and then I'd bet that it would be MADE to be a disaster from within UK just so the media , sanctamonious politicians et all could have the smug satisfaction of saying " there , we told you so .."

Will it ever be normal again  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.