Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: VBOA MEET BILLING AQUADROME JULY 2007  (Read 13200 times)

IS9

• south east
    • View Profile
Re: VBOA MEET BILLING AQUADROME JULY 2007
« Reply #60 on: 29 June 2007, 13:45:24 »

i'm coming up on the sunday morning for the day  so i'll make the effort to find some of you  :y :y

any chance of a reserved parking space let us know  :P
« Last Edit: 29 June 2007, 13:48:15 by IS9 »

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 29 June 2007, 18:15:34 »

i'm coming up on the sunday morning for the day  so i'll make the effort to find some of you  :y :y

any chance of a reserved parking space let us know  :P

Have sent you a pm :y

IS9

• south east
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 03 July 2007, 13:51:22 »

guys please be aware that vboa weekend may be postponed due to the weather and billing is very water logged, vboa have said they will inspect on wednesday and inform all vboa clubs whats happening

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 03 July 2007, 18:46:47 »

guys please be aware that vboa weekend may be postponed due to the weather and billing is very water logged, vboa have said they will inspect on wednesday and inform all vboa clubs whats happening

Glad I have'nt booked it yet, I've been debating all week ::)

IS9

• south east
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 04 July 2007, 14:52:19 »

its officiall its on vboa inspected today and have decided its a go but you may end up camping else where rather than swans field (this is normally the part non vboa camping is put on the weekend) as they are moving trade stands and some smaller vboa clubs to there for the weekend.

see you sunday peeps  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 04 July 2007, 17:43:46 »

its officiall its on vboa inspected today and have decided its a go but you may end up camping else where rather than swans field (this is normally the part non vboa camping is put on the weekend) as they are moving trade stands and some smaller vboa clubs to there for the weekend.

see you sunday peeps  ;D
not me - my chances of getting past Silverstone are non-existent.  For anyone else coming from M40 direction, please be aware that the A43 will be closed at the weekend due to British GP.

Shame on VBOA for planning the same weekend so close to a major event like GP  >:(
Grumpy old man

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 04 July 2007, 17:47:35 »

see you sunday peeps  ;D
not me - my chances of getting past Silverstone are non-existent.  For anyone else coming from M40 direction, please be aware that the A43 will be closed at the weekend due to British GP.

Shame on VBOA for planning the same weekend so close to a major event like GP  >:(

problem is that its the same date every year, not sure whether I will go now e.g., camping will give them a call tonight and ask, as the weather according to the met office is due to piss down on saturday in that area ::)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 04 July 2007, 18:03:09 »

see you sunday peeps  ;D

problem is that its the same date every year, not sure whether I will go now e.g., camping will give them a call tonight and ask, as the weather according to the met office is due to piss down on saturday in that area ::)

Well gave them a call and just get the answer machine so not sure what to do now, unless I can be a guest member of MIG ::)

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 04 July 2007, 18:39:44 »

see you sunday peeps  ;D

Totally agree, thats why i'm not going :-/

mick-1975

• nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 04 July 2007, 19:03:16 »

;Dhi  thinking of coming down on saturday .
 any percific time to come down?

it will be my first time down there
 whats the gender for the day?
 apart from getting some drink down us?????/

mick......... :y

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 04 July 2007, 20:07:34 »

;Dhi  thinking of coming down on saturday .
 any percific time to come down?

it will be my first time down there
 whats the gender for the day?
 apart from getting some drink down us?????/

mick......... :y

Theres only a handful of folks going a couple with clubs and a couple camping, given that the swan fields may be taken up by clubs this year not sure where the camping will be on the site, hopefully find out by tomorrow.

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 05 July 2007, 18:56:41 »

.... well, apparently the current info from Billing Aquadrome is that due to the fact there has been heavy rain, most of the fields are flooded / very wet, this has reduced the amount of people that can camp, so they are restricting it to VBOA members (and their guests, travelling and staying with them) only.

You can still go into the show & look around, but there is NO CAMPING for NON vboa members.

VBOA club membership list is here - Mig, Vauxhall Sports Car Club and Autobahnstormers are on the list ...

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 05 July 2007, 19:20:25 »

The response from VBOA following yesterdays visit to Billing;

The event WILL be taking place, This is a copy of an Email recieved earlier today from Ian Coomer, Chairman of the VBOA :-
"John Ankerman and I carried out an inspection of the Billing site this morning. As a result I can confirm that the show WILL GO AHEAD. However, certain of the fields we normally use are waterlogged and therefore John will be relocating some clubs onto fields in parts of the site which have not been used for shows over the last month and are therefore not cut up. Detailed changes have yet to be drawn up but the following information may be of help:

The arena field and the one north of it are mostly unusable. Therefore all Sunday arena activities are cancelled, ie the arena parades, the Chairmans Cup and the Special display of Luton built cars. John will relocate displaced clubs in Swans Fields over the bridge by Vinnies and on the large display field just left of the exit road, where the show was held many years ago. Billing management are putting gravel and sand on key field entrance points or creating new access routes by removing fences. We will not be installing the PA system.

The autojumble will be moved in its entirety to a very large tarmac area next to the display field. This is currently used for mobile home display and these are being removed to give us a large clear area of hard standing.

Clubs are asked to cooperate fully with John in achieving this major rethink. Given the recent weather conditions, all fields are wet and it will be a case of pitching tents sensibly and choosing firm areas for parking. Also, some of the relocated clubs will be further from the shower blocks than normal.

However, with a bit of goodwill all round we can definitely have a successful show, albeit not as planned!

PLEASE DO NOT PHONE JOHN ABOUT YOUR PARTICULAR CLUB LOCATION UNLESS IT IS VERY URGENT, as firstly he probably can’t tell you much until he has had look at a plan of the site and secondly he won’t be able to get it done for phone calls.

We will me marking out the site as usual tomorrow and the working plan at the moment is that a new site layout plan will posted at the gate from Friday.

Please put this message out to as many people as possible. Billing 25 is definitely on!

If you get this message more than once it’s because we are using all available databases. Better three times than not at all.

Kind regards

Ian"

mick-1975

• nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 05 July 2007, 20:36:42 »

:-[  gutted  looking forward to this event!
     wanted to stay overnight as coming from notts   camping
  not happy
   any advice on coming down now????????????????????????

mick :-X

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 05 July 2007, 20:59:16 »

:-[  gutted  looking forward to this event!
     wanted to stay overnight as coming from notts   camping
  not happy
   any advice on coming down now????????????????????????

mick :-X

Like its says I am afraid unless you are member of one of the VBOA affiliated clubs, however, looks like I will be going under ABS (autobahnstormers). I will give you a pm.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.